Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else go back to the classics from time to time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else go back to the classics from time to time?

Most of the time, when I was in school at least, I'd play one of these or more, on my days off or on sick days when there wouldn't be anything to do. This also includes Silent Hill as well!

I always tend to do that all the time, like just yesterday, I went through Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, which is the one I least replayed for some reason and remembered how fun it was.

Earlier in the month, I went through Resident Evil 2 (Dual Shock) 4 times: Leon A - Claire B and Claire A - Leon B. Have yet to go through Battle Mode (even when I first played it years ago, so might as well do that soon.)

I actually tried going through Resident Evil: Director's Cut and forgot how difficult the game was, so every now and then, I try to get through it, but fail . I think I'm gonna need me a guide for this one

I might as well go through all of them again, but one that I know of that's canon and never even beat ever since it came out is Resident Evil 0.

I'll still play Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5 one of these days, but it's not like the old ones unfortunately....I will say this though: The 4th one was way better than 5 because it still tried to be creepy with a fitting atmosphere. 5 was just straight up action.

Wonder which one I should play next....

Anyone else do this?
    Last edited by MeanBob; 06-24-2010, 02:23 PM.

I played RE1 quite recently. I forgot how easy and short the game was. I mostly play REmake when I wanna get my RE1 fix, though.

RE Zero is a good game. Only problem is that it isn't scary at all. Most of the enemies are suppose to be prototypes and are like weaker versions of the ones we see in later games.

Another complain I've read from others is that there are no magic boxes in Zero. I had no probs with that at all. You just have to make sure that you have in your inventory what you need to move forward in the game.

It's more about puzzles with Zero.
    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
    sigpic

Comment

Of course! Playing old school RE games is like a ritual.

I have no clue how many times I finished the original RE and RE2 quite honestly. Something like 50 times each?

Somehow, when I play Leon's story I feel relaxed....and sometimes I can even fall asleep when I'm playing this game

From time to time, I play Chris' part in CV. The game is very long and it's the latter half that I enjoy the most, so....

Originally posted by MeanBob
      I went through Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, which is the one I least replayed for some reason and remembered how fun it was.
      Hehe, same here.
      Last edited by Grem; 06-24-2010, 02:09 PM.

Comment

I still play the original RE quite alot. and since I just got a ps3 I'm going to play through RE2 pretty soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Grem View Post

I have no clue how many times I finished the original RE and RE2 quite honestly.
          I don't know how you guys do it, but I found it really hard to get through

Originally posted by Grem
          From time to time, I play Chris' part in CV. The game is very long and it's the latter half that I enjoy the most, so....
          That's another one I should really replay. I only beat it once when I first got it on PS2. I actually had the Dreamcast version too when it came out up until my brother sold it with the Dreamcast and some of my games too . Luckily I got another system for myself...for free too! Just need to hunt down the games.

Comment

Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3 can be a challenge but once you know what to do, where to go and essentially when certain enemies appear, it can become easy.

I still go back to RE1~CV from time to time, and will usually brandish the butter knife to kill zombies and cerberus. God damn RE4 instilling its "Use the knife motif".

Comment

I love playing the old games. I've beaten the first Resident Evil (including all remakes and ports) close to 60 times and the second at least 25. These games made me fall in love with the horror genre.

The only "classic-style" Resident Evils that I haven't beat at least 10 times are Nemesis (3) and Code Veronica (1).

But, even though I've played the classics to no end, I've also played the new ones a ton as well. Including all three versions of RE4, I've beat it 37 times and I beat RE5 four times before my PS3 crashed on me.

I love Resident Evil!

Comment

^^^ Me too! I beat Gaiden TWO TIMES.

And that was enough.
                Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                sigpic

Comment

I could only bear to beat Gaiden once.

Comment

I've spent a few months working full time, but on the last weeks I've been playing RE quite a lot. Each day I play a different game, and I started this "marathon" with RE1 obviously!

RE1 is my favorite title, I love the Remake but RE1 is... I don't know, I feel so nostalgic whenever I play it.
                    http://www.residentevildatabase.com
                    Follow us on Twitter: @residentevildb

Comment

I play the classic RE games from time to time, mostly only RE3 and REmake though.

Comment

As I speak, I'm playing RE2 and beat RE3 about 3 weeks ago and REDS with chris. I feel so much nostalgia right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Grem View Post
                          Heh, it kinda is for me. I think it's mostly all survival horror games that are like that for me.

Anyway, I should really replay Code Veronica X actually. I only beat once around the time I got it and that was it. It was pretty hard, especially the last boss, which was a lot of retries and felt accomplished when I actually did beat it

Comment

I've been meaning to get back into re3 cause I played the heck out of re1 and 2. lol, re3 is not my strong point puzzle wise.

Comment

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 2 on my PSP as I bought that and Resident Evil 3 from the PSN. It's soo amazing to play it on the go. I usually play it a work on breaks

Comment

Working...
                              X