Biohazard 2 Beta 2 Unlocked Debug Menu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alzaire View Post
    Those are probably not "beta 1". The original footage of beta 1 did not have all that debug stuff on screen and showed different stuff. My guess is that's a version of beta 2 with Claire and full debug open.
    Maybe, although I wouldn't be so sure, that's likely the "Memory Viewer" option from the debug menu. Doesn't beta 1 have fully unlocked debug menu and Claire playable? I'd put my bets on it being beta 1 (although of course there's no telling exactly what build it is)...

By any chance is there a link to the beta 1 footage you speak of out there?
    Last edited by Guest; 04-12-2011, 03:45 PM.

Comment

None of the known footage of beta 1 had any debug on screen. Beta 1 was a early build. I still would say this is probably the version of beta 2 with Claire unlocked and full debug open.

Simply because nothing in that footage pointed to beta 1 really, and more resembled beta 2.

I don't have the link for beta 1 stuff on hand.
      sigpic

Comment

And the circle of life continues... ;)
        Freedom of Information.

Comment

Hmm, I was under the impression that beta 1 was the build with Claire and the debug menu unlocked. :/ So there's a known build earlier than that? Know anything about it you can share?

Comment

Well I'm not really an expert on the retail RE2 beta stuff honestly.

Technically, the beta 1/2 thing was kinda an incorrect labeling. They were named years ago before there was as much info as there is today. In fact, in some cases you might notice some people have called "beta 2" "beta 3" instead in the past.

Beta 1 was some pretty early footage. One or two short videos and a few magazine images. These showed some background differences and beta elements not included in later builds (such as the 1.5 machine gun, the MC51, still in the game) and such. From what I remember there was no debug info on screen in any of that footage. This build has never legitimately surfaced, though, so whether a debug is available or not, among other info, is unknown.

Beta 2 was originally the beta 2 we all know of today. With Leon/Leon R and just the room jump feature in the debug. However, a few years ago, rumors began circulating of a build of beta 2 that had Claire and the full debug operational. A few people claimed to have it, but as far as I know nobody could confirm the legitimacy of ownership, but some footage of it apparently did surface. I don't remember a lot though, it's been years and I don't really follow anything but 1.5 terribly close.

But I do know that there was enough info that we tried to get people to recognize "beta 2" as "beta 3" instead for a while, but by that point it was just too common a name for it and people were getting confused or didn't listen or hear about it. So what probably should be called "beta 3" is still called beta 2 today for the most part.
            Last edited by Alzaire; 04-12-2011, 04:14 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Well I'm not really an expert on the retail RE2 beta stuff honestly.

Technically, the beta 1/2 thing was kinda an incorrect labeling. They were named years ago before there was as much info as there is today. In fact, in some cases you might notice some people have called "beta 2" "beta 3" instead in the past.

Beta 1 was some pretty early footage. One or two short videos and a few magazine images. These showed some background differences and beta elements not included in later builds (such as the 1.5 machine gun, the MC51, still in the game) and such. From what I remember there was no debug info on screen in any of that footage. This build has never legitimately surfaced, though, so whether a debug is available or not, among other info, is unknown.

Beta 2 was originally the beta 2 we all know of today. With Leon/Leon R and just the room jump feature in the debug. However, a few years ago, rumors began circulating of a build of beta 2 that had Claire and the full debug operational. A few people claimed to have it, but as far as I know nobody could confirm the legitimacy of ownership, but some footage of it apparently did surface. I don't remember a lot though, it's been years and I don't really follow anything but 1.5 terribly close.

But I do know that there was enough info that we tried to get people to recognize "beta 2" as "beta 3" instead for a while, but by that point it was just too common a name for it and people were getting confused or didn't listen or hear about it. So what probably should be called "beta 3" is still called beta 2 today for the most part.
              Thanks. Well yeah, the beta 1 I'm reffering to is the one which predates the build we currently have, with Claire and debug unlocked. People need to make up their minds! Lol... That's interesting though, I think I have magazines in the loft with beta 1 images (not sure, might have thrown them out, I hope not!), it was right around the time of the transition between 1.5 and 2. I specifically remember the confusion and disapointment I had when looking at it that day, even now I still like "the look" of 1.5 over 2. I'm gonna have to get up in the loft and try and dig out these magazines (CVG, awesom mag back in the day!), would be interesting to take a look at them. Here's hoping I actually still have them.

I really, REALLY hope I didn't throw those magazines out! Man, I forgot all about them.
              Last edited by Guest; 04-12-2011, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

This is a trailer from one of my favorite PS1 games of all time. I didn't see any RE2 trailers around youtube so I decided to upload this one. Enjoy!! =D The...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

and the the short UGP review video.
                If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks. That, actually looks like the Trial Edition. :/ At least some of those backgrounds are from the Trial Edition... It looks like some weird amalgamation between 1.5 and 2, the models look like they came right out of the BH1 engine.

I wonder where Trial Edition falls into the chronology of it's development. A lot of people say that Beta 2 is the closest thing we have to 1.5, but I'd have to disagree, Trial Edition seems like it came right out of the transition between the two, especially consideing the amount of 1.5 left overs on the disc.

I think I remember watching that trailer back in the day...
                  Last edited by Guest; 04-12-2011, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by geluda View Post
                    Thanks. Well yeah, the beta 1 I'm reffering to is the one which predates the build we currently have, with Claire and debug unlocked. People need to make up their minds!
                    Think you might be slightly misunderstanding what I was getting at. Basically just that Claire+Full Debug does not equal "beta 1" by default. We made a bad choice in naming back in the day. Technically, "beta 2" as it is now should be labeled "beta 3". So the "beta 1" you're referring to (I believe) is actually "beta 2", which would be essentially what we currently know as beta 2 just with Claire and full debug. The real "beta 1" has a few different backgrounds and elements present/working that weren't in the beta 2 we know now.

Good lord that's confusing haha. But yeah, it's not really a thing of "making up our minds", it's just bad labeling from ages ago that stuck. Like I said, we tried to start labeling beta 2 as beta 3, but people still just called it beta 2, so we just dropped it and stopped trying because it was a bad labeling thing anyway and it wasn't catching on.

Beta 1 - Very early retail. Claire available, 1.5 things still around and working, backgrounds/puzzles differ, and more giant moths in the lab areas. (Just a few things that come to mind. Debug available is unknown I believe.

Beta 2 - Pretty close to the commonly known "beta 2", with Claire and full debug. Probably not too many differences than "beta 2" besides Claire's stuff gameplay wise.

Beta 3 - Leon/Leon R beta commonly known.

This is about the best info I can give really, as I never really studied it that much and it's years old info. Hopefully somebody else who knows/understands the retail RE2 beta stuff more will pop in here.
                    sigpic

Comment

I knew what you meant! I was just repeating what I said lol (probably made it more confusing that it needed to be!). In other words, the game I was reffering to was Beta 2 (with Claire and unlocked debug) as opposed to Beta 1 (the old one), or Beta 3 (the one we have). Thanks for clearing it up though, I think I might rename my files just for the sake of being consistent with what's known out there.

Comment

Is this something new?

Comment

Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post

Is this something new?
                          Isn't that the picture above the Chief's desk where you place the square crests?
                          sigpic

Comment

^Looks like it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Beta 2 - Pretty close to the commonly known "beta 2", with Claire and full debug. Probably not too many differences than "beta 2" besides Claire's stuff gameplay wise.
                              Is there any definite proof that such a version exists?
                              I mean, do you know about any media footage which actually shows this build?
                              I am asking because I have never seen a single picture which suggested that there ever was a build with Leon and Claire on one disc...
                              Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-14-2011, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Think you might be slightly misunderstanding what I was getting at. Basically just that Claire+Full Debug does not equal "beta 1" by default. We made a bad choice in naming back in the day. Technically, "beta 2" as it is now should be labeled "beta 3". So the "beta 1" you're referring to (I believe) is actually "beta 2", which would be essentially what we currently know as beta 2 just with Claire and full debug. The real "beta 1" has a few different backgrounds and elements present/working that weren't in the beta 2 we know now.

Good lord that's confusing haha. But yeah, it's not really a thing of "making up our minds", it's just bad labeling from ages ago that stuck. Like I said, we tried to start labeling beta 2 as beta 3, but people still just called it beta 2, so we just dropped it and stopped trying because it was a bad labeling thing anyway and it wasn't catching on.

Beta 1 - Very early retail. Claire available, 1.5 things still around and working, backgrounds/puzzles differ, and more giant moths in the lab areas. (Just a few things that come to mind. Debug available is unknown I believe.

Beta 3 - Leon/Leon R beta commonly known.

This is about the best info I can give really, as I never really studied it that much and it's years old info. Hopefully somebody else who knows/understands the retail RE2 beta stuff more will pop in here.
                                <<< Click the face too.
                                Connect with the GITCY and awards community at https://discord.gg/TwJSv3g

Connect with the GITCY and awards community at https://discord.gg/TwJSv3g
                                Last edited by kevstah2004; 04-13-2011, 08:10 AM.
                                If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X