Biohazard 2 Beta 2 Unlocked Debug Menu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
    Is there any definite proof that such a version exists?
    I mean, do you know about any media footage which actually shows this build?
    I am asking because I have never seen a single picture which suggested that there ever was a build with Leon and Claire on one disc, nor have I ever seen a (non faked) picture of a fully unlocked debug menu in RE2 (not 1.5).

I know that there were pictures of a (poorly done) "Beta 1" fake on bioflames long ago...
    But what makes you think that it really existed?

Edit:
    Any clue on the story behind this picture?

Found it on a Resident Evil 3 (Not 2!) demo disc.
    But it must be from early BH2 development, I guess.

Originally posted by geluda View Post
    Ah, I see.

I can't believe you have to pay IGN for the videos... I'm thinking about it lol...
    This is proof that the build existed, whether it exists in the wild is another question...

Comment

This is proof that the build existed, whether it exists in the wild is another question...
      I know about the footage of a playable Claire in a BH2 WIP build but where exactly does it state that BOTH Leon and Claire are playable?
      It could be footage of a Claire disc with debug enabled but there's no indication that both scenarios were on the same disc or are there any screenshots of the title screen which show a scenario select option?

The only thing I really want to know is why everyone thinks that this build had both scenarios on one disc as I haven't seen any proof of that so far...

Edit:
      Perhaps I just misread Alzaire's post...
      I guess it means that this specific build only features Claire's scenario whereas I assumed it was referring to a build with both characters playable.

Let's forget this matter, I was a bit confused there because I heard internet rumors about a "Beta 1" with both charas a couple of times in the past.
      It's annoying how these false information snippets spread from forum to forum like a flu these days.
      The internet is a waste bin of false info, I tell you...

Sorry for confusing you guys and making myself look like an idiot.
      Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-14-2011, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Upaluppa, I was wondering something. How hard is it to find flags in memory without the help of debugging information? Is it possible to find a flag in BH2 Beta without the kind of aids we have from the likes of 01/31? The reason I ask is because I was thinking, if we knew the location of the flag in BH2 that opens the gate (the one the zombies burst open) out the back of Kendo's gun shop, we (theoretically, of course) might be able to find the same flag in BH2 Trial Edition and access a different path to the RPD precinct.

Comment

Are you talking about a flag that sets whether the alley is the normal RE2 version or the Trial version which was a shortcut to the RPD?
          If so, there is already a code for that.
          And they are two different RDT's afaik, so even if you could stop the gate from bursting open, nothing would change but blocking your way to the RPD.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
            Are you talking about a flag that sets whether the alley is the normal RE2 version or the Trial version which was a shortcut to the RPD?
            If so, there is already a code for that.
            And they are two different RDT's afaik, so even if you could stop the gate from bursting open, nothing would change but blocking your way to the RPD.
            In the normal/beta version the gate bursts open by the zombies and there is a van at the end of the alley blocking your way. In the Trial Edition the zombies never burst the gate open as the van isn't there and you just jump over a dumpster to continue. What I was suggesting was having a code for the Trial Edition which activates the flag that says the gate is open so when you enter that map, you could have an alternate path and perhaps explore areas you can't actually access. I don't know if the camera angles and the door behind the gate work, so it might not even be worth doing... You never know though, you never know where that door might warp you to, or what might be behind it.

Edit: Saying that, walk through walls might just do a good enough job...
            Last edited by Guest; 04-14-2011, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
              How I long for the old days, when friends were friends.
              Not that I know what any of you are talking about mind you, but it is extremely hard to find someone let alone a group that you can truly place your ultimate trust with.

As far as the topic at hand goes I have zero knowledge about beta's trials and anything else that isn't released publicly, I only know of what I buy in stores and what I read about on the web. I do however understand the fascination with trying to find things that weren't originally meant to be found (although I don't know the first thing about how to go about it).

/twocents
              Last edited by Agent_Wong; 04-14-2011, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Theres a good writeup for anyone wanting to follow this beta 1/2/3 stuff. Its a couple years old but my conclusion still stands imo. Except for my retarded rehorror exclusive ending on the final page (lolol)
                Last edited by Dot50Cal; 04-14-2011, 08:02 PM.

Comment

@geluda - Excellent idea about alternate routes to choose from in the Alley Way! I really to hate to bring bad news , though, but it's not possible without creating a new RDT to replace the old one. Additionally, you'd have add the extra backgrounds that are missing. It seems that the long route (through the basketball court) hadn't yet been imagined, at that point in development.

That said, it could easily be done with the PC version(s). In fact, that old Trial Edition RDT and it's corresponding backgrounds are still available in all PC versions(?).

@Agent_Wong - Dot50Cal and yourself touched upon a very true, but very sad reality we all live in. If there's money involved (which seems to be the case, according to Robert Kendo), somebody usually always tends to get fucked. It really hits close to home and strikes melancholy when friends are involved, and noone wants to admit to being the asshole that betrayed everyone. Trust is lost, words are exchanged and messes are created.

Sadly, a lot of trust has been lost, on everyone's behalf. Once everything is settled and the rat is exposed, which i'm pretty sure will happen, hopefully, just hopefully, everything will return to normal. Until then, we (the staff) are all independently investigating what caused such a mess to begin with.
                  I'm a blackstar.

Comment

So the RDT data for those areas in the Trial Edition doesn't even exist? Ah well! What about the RDT data that is there? Do you have any idea if the camera angles and door in the basketball court are there? Perhaps the door might warp you somewhere. I've been tempted to look through the BS files for the Trial Edition, but I want to stay away from those magical BS files that are in there *wink* for seemingly obvious reasons.
                    Last edited by Guest; 04-14-2011, 08:41 PM.

Comment

So the RDT data for those areas in the Trial Edition doesn't even exist? Ah well! What about the RDT data that is there? Do you have any idea if the camera angles and door in the basketball court are there?
                      That entire section (the basketball court - all the way through to the bus) doesn't exist in the Trial Edition. No RDTs, no backgounds/camera angles (BS/BSS), nothing.

IIRC, I looked at the script data (stuff that controls where doors/enemies/misc are placed, where they lead, etc), and there are only two doors in the Alley - One leads back into the Gun Shop, the other leads to the front of the RPD.

The Trial Edition seems to be a pretty early build of Bio2 (the RDTs between Final and Trial aren't even compatible, unless recompiled using biofat), so as mentioned, I doubt the developers had planned the basketball court, bus, etc. at that point.

I've been tempted to look through the BS files for the Trial Edition, but I want to stay away from those magical BS files that are in there *wink* for seemingly obvious reasons.
                      Man, you're definitely missing out...
                      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Oh well! Still, that's interesting to know. That does make sense though, as even in the BH2 beta, the route through the basketball court still isn't finished... I love the Trial Edition, especially the fact that's it's mostly been unlocked (hopefully one day someone will be able to overcome whatever issues the developer was left facing!), it's a public version of a beta all in it's self. The fact that it marks the transition between the two versions of the game, as well as contains as much 1.5 data as it does makes it by far the most magical of all the BH2 builds publically available... As for the looking through the BS files, I just don't want to spoil anything lol. I've seen a few of the backgrounds, but I want to keep things a surprise if I ever one day... Yeah...

Comment

Thanks for shedding light on the subject Dot. I've always found it a huge pain in the ass to believe 3rd hand "evidence". A buddy of a friend showed me (or told me) about this or that, man it's awesome. My usual response is ok great, while thinking at the same time *what a load of shit*. But in the end I guess you have to place a certain amount of belief in it if your hoping to track down something as elusive as these certain pieces of information seem to be.

I wouldn't mind having a crack at these or 1.5 to see what could have been but at the end of the day I think (my own biased opinion since 2 is my favorite game of all time) it's not going to be better than the final product we have. Same thing goes for 3.5, it may have been more scary and wound up in a different place but would it have had the success that 4 did?

Comment

So I just realised that this beta, as well as the BH1 beta are both over 700MB. Should I be using 800MB CD-R to burn these to disc? I've burned them to 700MB with Imgburn and they work, although there's no way in telling if it actually overburned properly, or hell if it overburned at all.
                            Last edited by Guest; 04-15-2011, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Upaluppa, I was wondering something. How hard is it to find flags in memory without the help of debugging information? Is it possible to find a flag in BH2 Beta without the kind of aids we have from the likes of 01/31? The reason I ask is because I was thinking, if we knew the location of the flag in BH2 that opens the gate (the one the zombies burst open) out the back of Kendo's gun shop, we (theoretically, of course) might be able to find the same flag in BH2 Trial Edition and access a different path to the RPD precinct.
                              The event flags for RE2 were found long before any debug build was available!
                              Your idea with the gate is not going to work tough, as MarkGrass already pointed out...

Kendo Event Flag Modifier (For BH2 Beta 2):

Gunshop Intro Scene
                              800C6F40 0010
                              Kendo is Alive
                              800C6F40 0020
                              Kendo is Dead
                              800C6F40 0030

Respawning Enemies
                              800C6F68 0000
                              800C6F6A 0000
                              800C6F6C 0000
                              800C6F6E 0000
                              800C6F70 0000
                              800C6F72 0000
                              800C6F74 0000
                              800C6F76 0000
                              800C6F78 0000
                              800C6F7A 0000
                              800C6F7C 0000
                              800C6F7E 0000
                              800C6F80 0000
                              800C6F82 0000
                              800C6F84 0000
                              800C6F86 0000
                              800C6F88 0000
                              800C6F8A 0000
                              800C6F8C 0000
                              800C6F8E 0000
                              800C6F90 0000
                              800C6F92 0000

No Enemies
                              800C6F68 00FF
                              800C6F6A 00FF
                              800C6F6C 00FF
                              800C6F6E 00FF
                              800C6F70 00FF
                              800C6F72 00FF
                              800C6F74 00FF
                              800C6F76 00FF
                              800C6F78 00FF
                              800C6F7A 00FF
                              800C6F7C 00FF
                              800C6F7E 00FF
                              800C6F80 00FF
                              800C6F82 00FF
                              800C6F84 00FF
                              800C6F86 00FF
                              800C6F88 00FF
                              800C6F8A 00FF
                              800C6F8C 00FF
                              800C6F8E 00FF
                              800C6F90 00FF
                              800C6F92 00FF

All Events Done 1
                              800C6F1A FFFF
                              800C6F1C FFFF
                              800C6F1E FFFF
                              800C6F20 FFFF
                              800C6F22 FFFF
                              800C6F24 FFFF
                              800C6F26 FFFF
                              800C6F28 FFFF
                              800C6F2A FFFF
                              800C6F2C FFFF
                              800C6F2E FFFF
                              800C6F30 FFFF
                              800C6F32 FFFF
                              800C6F34 FFFF
                              800C6F36 FFFF
                              800C6F38 FFFF
                              800C6F3A FFFF
                              800C6F3C FFFF
                              All Events Done 2
                              800C6F3E FFFF
                              800C6F40 FFFF
                              800C6F42 FFFF
                              800C6F44 FFFF
                              800C6F46 FFFF
                              800C6F48 FFFF
                              800C6F4A FFFF
                              800C6F4C FFFF
                              800C6F4E FFFF
                              800C6F50 FFFF
                              800C6F52 FFFF
                              800C6F54 FFFF
                              800C6F56 FFFF
                              800C6F58 FFFF
                              800C6F5A FFFF
                              800C6F5C FFFF
                              800C6F5E FFFF
                              All Events Done 3
                              800C6F60 FFFF
                              800C6F62 FFFF
                              800C6F64 FFFF
                              800C6F66 FFFF
                              800C6F68 FFFF
                              800C6F6A FFFF
                              800C6F6C FFFF
                              800C6F6E FFFF
                              800C6F70 FFFF
                              800C6F72 FFFF
                              800C6F74 FFFF
                              800C6F76 FFFF
                              800C6F78 FFFF
                              800C6F7A FFFF
                              800C6F7C FFFF
                              800C6F7E FFFF
                              800C6F80 FFFF
                              All Events Done 4
                              800C6F82 FFFF
                              800C6F84 FFFF
                              800C6F86 FFFF
                              800C6F88 FFFF
                              800C6F8A FFFF
                              800C6F8C FFFF
                              800C6F8E FFFF
                              800C6F90 FFFF
                              800C6F92 FFFF
                              800C6F94 FFFF
                              800C6F96 FFFF
                              800C6F98 FFFF
                              800C6F9A FFFF
                              800C6F9C FFFF
                              800C6F9E FFFF
                              800C6FA0 FFFF
                              800C6FA2 FFFF
                              All Events Done 5
                              800C6FA4 FFFF
                              800C6FA6 FFFF
                              800C6FA8 FFFF
                              800C6FAA FFFF
                              800C6FAC FFFF
                              800C6FAE FFFF
                              800C6FB0 FFFF
                              800C6FB2 FFFF
                              800C6FB4 FFFF
                              800C6FB6 FFFF
                              800C6FB8 FFFF
                              800C6FBA FFFF
                              800C6FBC FFFF
                              800C6FBE FFFF
                              800C6FC0 FFFF
                              800C6FC2 FFFF
                              800C6FC4 FFFF
                              800C6FC6 FFFF
                              800C6FC8 FFFF
                              All Events Done 6
                              800C6FCA FFFF
                              800C6FCC FFFF
                              800C6FCE FFFF
                              800C6FD0 FFFF
                              800C6FD2 FFFF
                              800C6FD4 FFFF
                              800C6FD6 FFFF
                              800C6FD8 FFFF
                              800C6FDA FFFF
                              800C6FDC FFFF
                              800C6FDE FFFF
                              800C6FE0 FFFF
                              800C6FE2 FFFF
                              800C6FE4 FFFF
                              800C6FE6 FFFF
                              800C6FE8 FFFF
                              800C6FEA FFFF
                              800C6FEC FFFF
                              800C6FEE FFFF
                              800C6FF0 FFFF
                              All Events Done 7
                              800C6FF2 FFFF
                              800C6FF4 FFFF
                              800C6FF6 FFFF
                              800C6FF8 FFFF
                              800C6FFA FFFF
                              800C6FFC FFFF
                              800C6FFE FFFF
                              800C7000 FFFF
                              800C7002 FFFF
                              800C7004 FFFF
                              800C7006 FFFF
                              800C7008 FFFF
                              800C700A FFFF
                              800C700C FFFF
                              800C700E FFFF
                              800C7010 FFFF
                              800C7012 FFFF
                              No Events Done 1
                              800C6F1A 0000
                              800C6F1C 0000
                              800C6F1E 0000
                              800C6F20 0000
                              800C6F22 0000
                              800C6F24 0000
                              800C6F26 0000
                              800C6F28 0000
                              800C6F2A 0000
                              800C6F2C 0000
                              800C6F2E 0000
                              800C6F30 0000
                              800C6F32 0000
                              800C6F34 0000
                              800C6F36 0000
                              800C6F38 0000
                              800C6F3A 0000
                              800C6F3C 0000
                              No Events Done 2
                              800C6F3E 0000
                              800C6F40 0000
                              800C6F42 0000
                              800C6F44 0000
                              800C6F46 0000
                              800C6F48 0000
                              800C6F4A 0000
                              800C6F4C 0000
                              800C6F4E 0000
                              800C6F50 0000
                              800C6F52 0000
                              800C6F54 0000
                              800C6F56 0000
                              800C6F58 0000
                              800C6F5A 0000
                              800C6F5C 0000
                              800C6F5E 0000
                              No Events Done 3
                              800C6F60 0000
                              800C6F62 0000
                              800C6F64 0000
                              800C6F66 0000
                              800C6F68 0000
                              800C6F6A 0000
                              800C6F6C 0000
                              800C6F6E 0000
                              800C6F70 0000
                              800C6F72 0000
                              800C6F74 0000
                              800C6F76 0000
                              800C6F78 0000
                              800C6F7A 0000
                              800C6F7C 0000
                              800C6F7E 0000
                              800C6F80 0000
                              No Events Done 4
                              800C6F82 0000
                              800C6F84 0000
                              800C6F86 0000
                              800C6F88 0000
                              800C6F8A 0000
                              800C6F8C 0000
                              800C6F8E 0000
                              800C6F90 0000
                              800C6F92 0000
                              800C6F94 0000
                              800C6F96 0000
                              800C6F98 0000
                              800C6F9A 0000
                              800C6F9C 0000
                              800C6F9E 0000
                              800C6FA0 0000
                              800C6FA2 0000
                              No Events Done 5
                              800C6FA4 0000
                              800C6FA6 0000
                              800C6FA8 0000
                              800C6FAA 0000
                              800C6FAC 0000
                              800C6FAE 0000
                              800C6FB0 0000
                              800C6FB2 0000
                              800C6FB4 0000
                              800C6FB6 0000
                              800C6FB8 0000
                              800C6FBA 0000
                              800C6FBC 0000
                              800C6FBE 0000
                              800C6FC0 0000
                              800C6FC2 0000
                              800C6FC4 0000
                              800C6FC6 0000
                              800C6FC8 0000
                              No Events Done 6
                              800C6FCA 0000
                              800C6FCC 0000
                              800C6FCE 0000
                              800C6FD0 0000
                              800C6FD2 0000
                              800C6FD4 0000
                              800C6FD6 0000
                              800C6FD8 0000
                              800C6FDA 0000
                              800C6FDC 0000
                              800C6FDE 0000
                              800C6FE0 0000
                              800C6FE2 0000
                              800C6FE4 0000
                              800C6FE6 0000
                              800C6FE8 0000
                              800C6FEA 0000
                              800C6FEC 0000
                              800C6FEE 0000
                              800C6FF0 0000
                              No Events Done 7
                              800C6FF2 0000
                              800C6FF4 0000
                              800C6FF6 0000
                              800C6FF8 0000
                              800C6FFA 0000
                              800C6FFC 0000
                              800C6FFE 0000
                              800C7000 0000
                              800C7002 0000
                              800C7004 0000
                              800C7006 0000
                              800C7008 0000
                              800C700A 0000
                              800C700C 0000
                              800C700E 0000
                              800C7010 0000
                              800C7012 0000

Some experimental codes which might not work correctly (I finally found my old notes again, yeah):

101 Kendo Intro
                              800C6F40 0010

101 Kendo Alive
                              800C6F40 0020

101 Kendo Death
                              800C6F40 0030

101 ROJI Door Closed
                              800C6F53 0000

101 ROJI Door Open
                              800C6F53 0001

103 SHIKICHI HALL Outside Zombies not shot
                              800C6F84 0000

103 SHIKICHI HALL Outside Zombies shot
                              800C6F84 0001

202 WEST OFFICE Marvin Intro
                              800C6F42 0000
                              800C6F43 0006
                              800C6F62 0000
                              800C6F68 0000

202 WEST OFFICE Marvin Alive
                              800C6F42 0000
                              800C6F43 0007
                              800C6F62 0000
                              800C6F68 0000

202 WEST OFFICE Marvin Zombie
                              800C6F42 0040
                              800C6F43 0007
                              800C6F62 0000
                              800C6F68 0000

202 WEST OFFICE Marvin Gone
                              800C6F42 0040
                              800C6F43 0007
                              800C6F62 0008
                              800C6F68 0008

204 L ROUKA Licker Intro
                              800C6F49 0004
                              800C6F63 0000
                              800C6F6C 0000

204 L ROUKA Licker Alive
                              800C6F49 0006
                              800C6F63 0040
                              800C6F6C 0000

204 L ROUKA Licker Dead
                              800C6F49 0006
                              800C6F63 0040
                              800C6F6C 0004

No ROOM 1XX Enemies
                              800C6F6F 001F
                              800C6F6E 00C0
                              800C6F6C 0003
                              800C6F73 00C0
                              800C6F6D 001F
                              800C6F79 0002
                              800C6F6C 0088
                              800C6F6E 00DF
                              800C6F68 0070
                              800C6F73 0030
                              800C6F69 00C0
                              800C6F6B 00FC
                              800C6F72 000C
                              800C6F69 00C7

ROOM 1XX Enemies
                              800C6F6F 0000
                              800C6F6E 0000
                              800C6F6C 0000
                              800C6F73 0000
                              800C6F6D 0000
                              800C6F79 0000
                              800C6F6C 0000
                              800C6F6E 0000
                              800C6F68 0000
                              800C6F73 0000
                              800C6F69 0000
                              800C6F6B 0000
                              800C6F72 0000
                              800C6F69 0000
                              800C6F75 0000
                              800C6F71 0000
                              800C6F7F 0000
                              800C6F78 0000

100 URADOURI WEST (Burning Truck)
                              800C6F6F 0000

100 URADOURI WEST (Streets)
                              800C6F6E 0000

101 GUN SHOP (1st 2 Enemies)
                              800C6F6C 0000

101 GUN SHOP (2nd 2 Enemies)
                              800C6F73 0000

Edit:
                              Any clue on the story behind this picture?

Found it on a Resident Evil 3 (Not 2!) demo disc.
                              But it must be from a very early BH2 development stage, I guess.

That's the statue from the room with the glass window!
                              And the broken door is obviously misplaced, just like in the (later than this build) Trial Edition!
                              Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-16-2011, 11:21 AM.

Comment

That was a background they were going to use for that part of resident evil 2.... I think i found that image on the retail disk to be honest. The door is in the corner as soon as you turn left out of that hall and the door is not broken. There's another image of that back wall around the corner and it shows the door.

EDIT:

The picture i found is not the one in the post above but it's very similar, it shows the corner with the door in a different place but it still has that statue.
                                Last edited by Guest; 04-16-2011, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X