Biohazard 2 Beta 2 Unlocked Debug Menu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drunkdog View Post
    The picture i found is not the one in the post above but it's very similar, it shows the corner with the door in a different place but it still has that statue.
    Yeah, that background must be from the Biohazard 2 Trial Edition!
    In that build the statue was already the same as in the final game version but the door was still in a different place and not broken.

Capcom simply made a design error on that door.
    The door made no sense in the corner behind the statue because it would lead to the S.T.A.R.S. office instead of the hallway it's supposed to lead to.

Looks like they realized their mistake later and moved the door around...

The reason for the hole in the door was that Sherry's "escape route" (upon sight contact with Leon) was also changed between these early builds and the final game version.

Dark Biohazard, one of the more famous Resident Evil hackers even managed to unlock the Sherry scene in the Trial Edition!
    Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-17-2011, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
      Yeah, that background must be from the Biohazard 2 Trial Edition!
      In that build the statue was already the same as in the final game version but the door was still in a different place and not broken.

Capcom simply made a design error on that door.
      The door made no sense in the corner behind the statue because it would lead to the S.T.A.R.S. office instead of the hallway it's supposed to lead to.

Looks like they realized their mistake later and moved the door around...

The reason for the hole in the door was that Sherry's "escape route" (upon sight contact with Leon) was also changed between these early builds and the final game version.

Dark Biohazard, one of the more famous Resident Evil hackers even managed to unlock the Sherry scene in the Trial Edition!
      Yea, i knew about the hole being sherrys escape route but i was just watching a few videos the other day that showed another escape route she used in the beta version.... There is a vent on the right side of the wall in that hallway, it leads to the library... Let me see if i can find the video on youtube.

EDIT:

Here is the video...
      http://www.youtube.com/user/MartinBi...12/PKbkgBuf36U
      Last edited by Guest; 04-17-2011, 04:36 PM.

Comment

How do you actually unlock the scene?

Comment

Originally posted by geluda View Post
          How do you actually unlock the scene?
          No idea, that guy has another video posted of it, if you look at the backround of the library, the one without the book shelves you can also see a vent on the ride side (where the moveable shelves would be).

Comment

Probably a code I'd imagine, unless he's made advances to the Trail Edition hack v7a.

Upa, do you have walk through walls for Trial Edition and Beta?

Comment

He modified the script data within the RDTs.

The original release threads are here:

PS - The guy who created these is a member of these forums: Dark BioHazard (the user, not the mod).

do you have walk through walls for Trial Edition and Beta?
              Bio2 Trial
              Walk Through Walls
              D00A0704 1010
              800A208A 0C0F
              D00A0704 1020
              800A208A 1100

Bio2 Beta
              Walk Through Walls
              D00C0C74 0004
              800C2631 0C0F
              D00C0C74 0044
              800C2631 1100
              Last edited by MeganGrass; 04-17-2011, 09:07 PM.
              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                He modified the script data within the RDTs.

The original release threads are here:

PS - The guy who created these is a member of these forums: Dark BioHazard (the user, not the mod).

Bio2 Trial
                Walk Through Walls
                D00A0704 1010
                800A208A 0C0F
                D00A0704 1020
                800A208A 1100

Bio2 Beta
                Walk Through Walls
                D00C0C74 0004
                800C2631 0C0F
                D00C0C74 0044
                800C2631 1100
                I tried and those codes aren't working in CEP. :/

Comment

Hmmm... they work with PEC and ePSXe?
                  I'm a blackstar.

Comment

so i guess it was december 1997 build

also there are little more pics avaliable if you will modify the pic's name in the link

It was a real build or ign fake)

What do you think?
                    Last edited by ANDYARKLAY; 04-18-2011, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ANDYARKLAY View Post

so i guess it was december 1997 build

also there are little more pics avaliable if you will modify the pic's name in the link

It was a real build or ign fake)

What do you think?
                      IGN fake? Why would IGN go to the lengths to fake a build of RE2?

Comment

The build is not fake. IGN was pretty big and credible back then...

Comment

Myabe somebody has some issues of the Play mag from back then.
                          If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drunkdog View Post
                            The build is not fake. IGN was pretty big and credible back then...
                            Here's how credible IGN is:
                            Halo DS

Just to give an example...
                            But it's not like they are the only game critics to give out false information, so no need to be extra harsh on them.

I don't think they would/could have faked these RE2 pictures tough.
                            Especially not, since the debug info shown in these pics is conform with what we know about RE2's debug mode from the Trial Edition and Beta 2!

How would they have known which font to use and whatnot without having played/seen an actual debug build of the game?
                            Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-19-2011, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Youre talking about what is basically a different company than it was back then (for better or for worse). And I would be willing to bet Halo DS was as legit as anything, seeing as though Ive got Diablo for the original Game Boy which may have been made by THQ as a pitch. Obviously, not official, but pitches happen a lot

And if anything, they would have REMOVED debug text, not added it back in.

Comment

Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
                                Here's how credible IGN is:
                                Halo DS

Just to give an example...
                                But it's not like they are the only game critics to give out false information, so no need to be extra harsh on them.

I don't think they would/could have faked these RE2 pictures tough.
                                Especially not, since the debug info shown in these pics is conform with what we know about RE2's debug mode from the Trial Edition and Beta 2!

How would they have known which font to use and whatnot without having played/seen an actual debug build of the game?
                                What's wrong with IGN's credibility? Are you implying it's fake?

After the rumor of Bungie leaving Microsoft, here is a tribute to one of their projects! http://kotaku.com/gaming/rumor/bungie-breaks-up-with-microsoft-30576...

Comment

Working...
                                X