Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE2 Magazine Demo Codes!

Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post
    I think there is no need to open a thread only to post this, so I put it here:

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Euro Demo 31 (not dumped by me) featuring Resident Evil 2 10 minutes Preview, I remember playing this demo back in the days.

If you know any Euro Demo featuring Resident Evil let me know, I was searching this demo for days, sadly inside there is nothing unusual
    I also have that one in my collection!
    I have even wasted a few minutes on hacking some codes for it a while ago:

Resident Evil 2 Magazine Demo (SCED-00827)
    Hacks by Upaluppa

MAIN MENU MODIFIERS

Activate "Difficulty Select" Menu
    800194A5A 0001
    Activate "Option" Menu
    800194A5A 0002
    Activate "Load Game" Menu
    800194A5A 0003
    Activate "The 4th Survivor" Menu
    800194A58 0003
    Start "Weird Game"
    800194A58 0008
    Activate "Option" Menu
    800194A58 0009
    Activate "Resident Evil 2 Logo"
    800194A58 000A
    Activate "Game Start" Menu
    800194A58 000C

The "Option Menu" is just the Monoaural/Stereo Mode selection on the main title screen which was used for the BH2 Trial Edition/RE2 Preview!
    It doesn't seem to work correctly since the sound options in the real config menu are unaffected by changing the sound mode on this screen.

The menu looks like this:

(Picture taken from the BH2 Beta 2 rendition. It looks the same in this demo.)
    (This hidden menu is accessible in every version of RE2, including the final retail releases.)

The "4th Survivor" Title Screen is also included and works as it's supposed to but starting a 4th Survivor game starts the normal RE2 campaign instead.
    The bonus games themselves are not included on the disc.

The "Load Game Menu" is the same as in the full game.
    You can actually load savegames from your final RE2 PAL version in this demo (Crashes if they were not saved in the R.P.D.) by accessing this hidden menu!

"Weird Game" starts a glitched RE2 campaign in which you start off-screen, have zero health (literally, one bite = dead) and no items in your inventory.
    I always wondered why this weird option exists. I could access this in every build of RE2 and RE3 I ever came across.

I don't think it's really an unused feature or something like that.
    Most likely it's just the game loading the wrong code while starting a new game due to my messing with the new game option using this hack...

RANDOM CODES

Deactivate Timer
    8000E665C 0009
    8001FF9C4 0009
    Back to Game Select
    8000E2384 0000
    NTSC Mode
    8000AD39C 0000
    PAL Mode
    8000AD39C 0001
    Suitcase in Kendo's Gun Shop is black
    800134A4C 0000
    Leon is crippled
    8001D7D7C 0000
    Leon is normal
    8001D7D7C 0001

Have fun!
    And thanks for sharing!
    It's nothing new for me but some of the others might not have seen that demo before!

This demo is based of the final PAL version, by the way.
    The Raccoon Streets and Police Station 1F-3F are all included on the disc, the R.P.D. Basement and anything beyond it are absent.
    Sorry to destroy any hopes but I guarantee that you won't find anything of interest in this version apart from the timer and "RE2 Preview" Title Screen...

It's the only other playable RE2 Playstation demo apart from the BH2 Trial Edition/RE2 Preview demos which came with the RE1 Director's Cut.
    I am quite sure that no other (official) demos for the PSX version exist. Not counting unofficial leaks like Beta 2, of course.

I also have a small request for you:

Do you think you could translate this text for me?
    I'd be interested in knowing what it says.

It's the message you get when examining the stuffed bear in Beta 2.
    Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-27-2011, 08:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post

I don't think it's really an unused feature or something like that.
      Most likely it's just the game loading the wrong code while starting a new game due to my messing with the new game option using this hack...

This demo is based of the final PAL version, by the way.
      The Raccoon Streets and Police Station 1F-3F are all included on the disc, the R.P.D. Basement and anything beyond it are absent.
      Sorry to destroy any hopes but I guarantee that you won't find anything of interest in this version apart from the timer and "RE2 Preview" Title Screen...

It's the only other playable RE2 Playstation demo apart from the BH2 Trial Edition/RE2 Preview demos which came with the RE1 Director's Cut.
      I am quite sure that no other (official) demos for the PSX version exist. Not counting unofficial leaks like Beta 2, of course.

It's the message you get when examining the stuffed bear in Beta 2.
      Yes, it's one of the latest build, the backgrounds are the same of the retail (there are not all of them obviously) and the pictures of the items shows the retail Desert Eagle, nothing interesting apart for collecting RE demos.

It's the message you get when examining the stuffed bear in Beta
      ただのはく製だ it's just a stuffed bear/animal

Since I can't properly translate it I put the kanjis on google picture, and here we go, stuffed animals
      Last edited by SonicBlue; 04-27-2011, 06:57 AM.

Comment

• little off topic

Does anyone know to whom he may be the eye from the main menu? Most people I know say that this eye of the Birkin...

To me looks like a crocodile's eye.
        Last edited by DZIAD; 04-27-2011, 11:21 AM.

I'd like a classic RESIDENT EVIL (PSX), only, and nothing more.

Comment

• I that's the eye on Birkins arm or whatever.....

Comment

• I think it's the crocodile's eye. Birkin's eye has a round pupil instead of a elongated one, plus, the skin around the eye it's reptile-like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ridley W. Hayes View Post
              I think it's the crocodile's eye. Birkin's eye has a round pupil instead of a elongated one, plus, the skin around the eye it's reptile-like.
              But the coloration of the eye looks like the typical G-Virus infection symptom.
              Every G-Virus creature had at least one of these types of eyes somewhere on it's body.

Besides, that Sewer Crocodile is just a minor boss whereas Birkin is pretty much the main enemy of the game, so featuring him on the title screen makes a little more sense.

Edit:
              Just watch the intro FMV till the end and you'll see that this is Birkin's eye for sure!
              The last scene of the intro is from the FMV shown during Annette's explanation in the Sewer, you can see Birkin's trademark eye open in that scene, right before it turns into the title screen with exactly the same eye!

Speaking of reptiles, Birkin's design in the RE2 prototype appears to be based on a reptile!

(Eye Cancer Warning! Excuse my blurred picture!)

His mutated forms were redesigned into what we all are comfortable with for the released RE2 tough.
              Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-29-2011, 11:13 AM.

Comment

• Yup, i knew it.

Comment

• Here's a way for you to walk through walls without the need for cheats, simply walk up a set of stairs and while you're still in the stepping animation, use the jump feature to warp back into the room, you can now walk through walls no matter where you go! To deactivate the glitch simply walk up a set of stairs again and walls will turn back into solid surfaces!

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
                    Here's a way for you to walk through walls without the need for cheats, simply walk up a set of stairs and while you're still in the stepping animation, use the jump feature to warp back into the room, you can now walk through walls no matter where you go! To deactivate the glitch simply walk up a set of stairs again and walls will turn back into solid surfaces!
                    Cool!
                    Think what, I must have triggered this glitch a thousand times while playing this game and I never realized what caused it.
                    Seriously, I have spend hours going through all kinds of ridiculous button combos because i thought I had activated some kind of hidden debug feature by accident.

Thanks for letting us know how to trigger it! It drove me crazy that I could never figure what caused this to happen in my game.
                    Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-29-2011, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• No problem! I think it's a flag. Climbing stairs will disable a bunch of stuff, such as movement, aim stance and the item menu, in adition to that, I believe it disables a wall flag to allow you to pass through the "wall" at the base of the the stairs, and re-enables it when you reach the top. Because we warp while climbing the stairs, the flag doesn't get re-enabled and we can permenantly pass through solid objects untill we reach the top of a set of stairs again.
                      Last edited by Guest; 04-29-2011, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
                        I believe it disables a wall flag to allow you to pass through the "wall" at the base of the the stairs, and re-enables it when you reach the top. Because we warp while climbing the stairs, the flag doesn't get re-enabled and we can permenantly pass through solid objects untill we reach the top of a set of stairs again.
                        Wow, I never thought of it that way but it sounds totally plausible to me!
                        I guess you must be right with this assumption!

Comment

• Voici un dossier en vid?o sur la d?mo de R?sident Evil 2 que j'ai concoct? quimontre les pi?ces non achev?e ,non textur? ou dif?rente de la version final sur...

Are these screens taken from the trial edition? Any amount of backgrounds I've never seen before.
                          Last edited by Guest; 05-13-2011, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• Yea, those are all from the trial, i think the one that came with REC.

Comment

• Those early main hall backgrounds are a treat. It's also interesting to see Kendo as a placeholder. I'd seen him in Cheif Iron's office already and at first thought it might have been part of the plot, but it seems they just used him as a model to gain proper perspective on the backgrounds.

Comment

• So, does anyone know what the actual options do? Memory viewer is self explanitory. An XA file from what I know is a Playstation sound file, so I presume XA PLAY TEST is Sound Test. Googling the names of the options, it's apparent that the meaning of the word Atari can mean "to hit the target," we can assume this option is Object Hit Box Display. I've never managed to find the meaning of the word Shori so I have no idea what SHORI CHECK DISPLAY is. Accoring to Google Translate, MONOSASHI translated into English means "ruler" or "measure," what this actually does, I don't know, I'm guessing it might reffer to position on the x/y/z axis. From what I've learned however, here's a, albeit rough, translation of the debug menu.

Edit:

According to this website the word Shori translates into the following, "processing, dealing with, treatment, disposition." I don't really know what to make of this, here is a dictionary entry for the word disposition, the interesting part I think is the following "Arrangement, positioning, or distribution."

Definition, Synonyms, Translations of disposition by The Free Dictionary

Here's my end guess, if anyone has any other info, or knows what the options do I'd be interesting in hearing about it.

UTILITY MENU
                                JUMP
                                MEMORY VIEWER
                                SOUND TEST
                                OBJECT HIT BOX DISPLAY
                                POSITIONING CHECK DISPLAY
                                RULER
                                Last edited by Guest; 09-17-2011, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X