Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those who hate RE4 and haven't touched it since release...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by weaponx View Post
    One of my favorite "crap in your pants moment" was when the dog jumps through the window in RE1, i literally screamed. A manly scream.
    That seems to be a trend.
    I am more fond of the Licker in RE2 jumping through the interrogation room. But hey. That's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by wesker566 View Post
      I am more fond of the Licker in RE2 jumping through the interrogation room. But hey. That's just me.
      That was one that completely got me, I must admit.
      See you in hell.

Comment

That one freaked me the fuck out.

There was also in RE1, when you return to the mansion I believe. There is a room fairly close to the library where there is a window. If you get too close to it to grab the pistol ammo some crows break through and attack you.

Comment

Speaking of RE1, the mansion when the hunters appear is a death trap. I remember in REmake walking down that long corridor just outside the dining room, you know the one I mean, and a hunter leaped out of the doorway where there used to be a door. Scared the hell out of me.
          See you in hell.

Comment

Probably the most notable scare of the series for me. It's cool how it happens in both the A and B scenarios, but at slightly different times. In the A scenario it happens after you take the item from the shelf, while in the B scenario it occurs as you run in front of the window to get to the shelf.

Some other scares from RE2 that I love occur in the northwest 1F passage (the horseshoe-shaped hallway just outside the briefing room). In the A scenario, zombie hands will burst through the boarded-up windows the second time through the passage. In the B scenario, a couple zombies will actually dive through the windows (on the north wall) the first time though the passage. That gets me every time in the B game.
            Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

I'm really saddened that the A/B scenario idea was only in 2. I think it was a very effective way to give you a second playthrough with more difficulty and surprises.

Also, Mr. X showing up on the video moniter in the boiler room (I think that's where it is in B scenario); then you are face to face with him mere moments later. It was effective at tension, despite me having the super shotgun.

And Mr. X bursting through a wall not once, but twice within the same corridor/room near the Chief Irons Office

Comment

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
                while in the B scenario it occurs as you run in front of the window to get to the shelf.
                Actually that self is empty in Scenario B, in order to activate the scene you need to pick up the first aid spray from the desk.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                  That was what initially really pissed me off about RE4 and took years to get over, and the cause for my initial seething hatred for the game (I'm sure some ex-reH members like MoS will remember I used to slag it off constantly). Over time though, I grew to really enjoy the game for what it was, a great shoot-em-up with cheesy lines and no plot. Umbrella were one of my main loves for the RE series and for them to be gone in a crappy 2 minute intro was disgraceful. I had a complete media blackout for RE4, the last I knew before playing it, it was still 3.5 and Leon got infected with the Progenitor virus. I was expecting great things. When I heard the words "Umbrella was finished", I was like:

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS SH*T!

Once I got over that and got the Wii Edition though, I loved it. The controls feel so smooth even today and it's a very fun gaming experience.
                  I'm glad you've managed to eventually enjoy playing the game.

And I definitely agree with you about the intro cutscene stating that Umbrella was finished is something of a disappointment. When I think about it now, I believe that it was extremely anti-climatic to kill off the Umbrella Corporation like that. If it were up to me and I decided to kill off the Umbrella Corporation, I would've made a game about it. Not hand-wave Umbrella's demise in an intro cutscene with a couple paragraphs of text.
                  Last edited by Shadow Stalker; 02-26-2011, 08:46 PM.

Comment

I strangely enough just bought this on the Wii two days ago for £5 from Cash Converters Mint with the Nintendo VIP code and everything. I enjoyed it I completely ignored it as a canon RE game but it is what it is you know. Loving the Wii version the aiming is . . . it's just sublime the rest of the game is littered with the usual complaints and gripes but the aiming. Should also mention duno what others think but is the ammo less plentiful cause although I don't find myself struggling I feel like I have less than I did in the other versions on GCN and PS2 . . .

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                    . . . I hated the fact that the areas were 'themed', like a really dodgy amusement park. You have the village zone, the castle zone, etc. Reminded me of that 'theme park map' from Hot Shots: Part Deux, which you can imagine with names like "Salazar's Spooky Castle". Wish I could find a screenshot of that map, it's hilarious . . .
                    I tried google but this very thread was the third result so yeah not great quality but heh love that movie . . .
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Rancid Cheese; 02-26-2011, 10:44 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X