Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tricell isn't quite dead. (Mansion Incident / Raccoon City Redux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
    Are you kidding?
    No, I simply didn't know the ages were revealed in the game and no one mentioned it before Rosetta Mist.

I think these should actually be transcribed here so we could bring some order into it, determine where things are contradicted etc. These are all of the main character stats I know of in the actual games (some from RE5 are still missing):

Resident Evil CODE:Veronica

ID Number: WKD4496
    Name: Claire Redfield
    Sex: female
    Blood type: Type 0
    Height: 169cm
    Weight: 52.4kg

ID Number: MRD6251
    Name: Chris Redfield
    Sex: male
    Height: 181cm
    Weight: 80.5kg

ID Number: MSD6377
    Name: Albert Wesker
    Sex: male
    Height: 183cm
    Weight: 84.5kg

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles

Rebecca Chambers
    Blood type: AB
    Height: 161
    Weight: 42.1

Billy Coen
    Blood type: A
    Height: 181
    Weight: 74.2

Albert Wesker (Beginnings + Rebirth)
    Blood type: 0
    Height: 183
    Weight: 84.5

Chris Redfield (Mansion Incident)
    Weight: 80.5

Jill Valentine (Mansion Incident)
    Blood type: B
    Height: 166
    Weight: 50.4

Jill Valentine (Raccoon's Destruction)
    Weight: 49

Carlos Oliveira
    Height: 182
    Weight: 83

Ada Wong
    Blood type: AB
    Height: -
    Weight: -

HUNK
    Blood type: -
    Height: -
    Weight: -

Chris Redfield (Umbrella's End)
    Weight: 80.5

Jill Valentine (Umbrella's End)
    Weight: 49

Albert Wesker (Dark Legacy)
    Height: 183
    Weight: 84.5

Resident Evil 5: Lost in Nightmares

Chris Redfield
    Height: 185cm
    Weight: 98kg
    Sex: Male
    Affiliation: BSAA North American Branch

Jill Valentine
    Height: 172cm
    Weight: 56kg
    Sex: Female
    Affiliation: BSAA North American Branch

Resident Evil 5: The Mercenaries Reunion

Excella Gionne
    Height: 175cm
    Weight: 55kg
    Sex: Female
    Affiliation: Tricell

Barry Burton
    Height: 186cm
    Weight: 89kg
    Sex: Male
    Affiliation: S.T.A.R.S. Alpha Team

To combine with that, we have a few set dates on which the games take place:

Resident Evil
    July 24, 1998
    Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
    September 28, 1998
    Resident Evil CODE:Veronica
    December 27, 1998
    Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
    February 18, 2003
    Resident Evil 5: Lost in Nightmares
    September 23, 2005/2006
    Resident Evil 5
    March 5, 2008/2009

The "Lost in Nightmares" date is the first night of autumn in the respective years, as stated in the Library file.

Chris's ages are as follows:
    Code:
    July 24, 1998         December 27, 1998          February 18, 2003          September 23, 2005        March 5, 2008
          25                      25                        30                          32                      35
    Disregarding the RE5, Chris can only be born between December 27, 1972 and February 18, 1973, anything else would render the dates wrong. With that in mind, "Lost in Nightmares" and RE5 can only take place in 2005 and 2008, respectively – with the given ages.

Jill's ages are as follows:
    Code:
    July 24, 1998         September 28, 1998          February 18, 2003          September 23, 2005        March 5, 2008
          23                      23                        28                          30                      33
    Still just as legit with the 2005 and 2008 years if she was born between September 28, 1974 and February 18, 1975. The tombstone further limits the timeframe to between September 28, 1974 and December 31, 1974 with her birth year given as 1974.

2006 and 2009 do not work with any of the given ages. So, seeing how all other materials were changed to use 2009, these ages remaining overlooked is the most likely scenario.

That, or you can keep the ages and just change all other given dates in supplemental material from 2009 to 2008. Fixes it both.
    Last edited by Guest; 03-16-2011, 12:21 PM.

Comment

3 pages about Chris and Jill's birthdays?

Boy oh boy. I hope a new RE game comes out soon so you guys have something new to obsess over.
      Last edited by Vector; 03-16-2011, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Excuse us for being concerned about accuracy in our favourite game >_>

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
          Boy oh boy. I hope a new RE game comes out soon so you guys have something new to obsess over.
          Obsess? It's fun to examine the information in the games, nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by Prime Blue
            Disregarding the RE5, Chris can only be born between December 27, 1972 and February 18, 1973, anything else would render the dates wrong. With that in mind, "Lost in Nightmares" and RE5 can only take place in 2005 and 2008, respectively – with the given ages.
            We are forced to believe that Lost In Nightmares takes place in 2006 since Jill's tombstone established her death at 2006.

In fact, Capcom changed Jill's and Chris' ages for Lost In Nightmares after they went with RE5 taking place in 2009.

So, Lost In Nightmares really takes place in 2006. There's no reason to deny that, since it was established at the very beginning and it never changed afterwards.
            Considering that, Jill should be 31 instead of 32. BUT, we can imagine that RE5 takes place in 2008 or 2009 depending on how we look into things.

Personnally, I prefer to keep things how they were supposed to be : LIN in 2006 with Jill being 31 and Chris 33 and RE5 taking place in 2008 with Chris being 35 and Jill 33 years old.
            Last edited by Grem; 03-16-2011, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
              The LiN ages are in error for both Jill and Chris, LiN stated ages are impossible given the year LiN is set and LiN has a clear date, Jill would have to be 31. Presumably someone at Capcom made the error of checking supplementary material and just counted backwards 3 for both characters original profiles without checking anything else.

Either way Mercs, Mercs Reunion and DE are all correct.
              I agree but surely the three years difference between the ages regardless is the in game proof you so desire that the game is set in 2009 and not 2008. Jill says in LIN that Raccoon City was eight years ago so that rules out 2005 straight away.

Originally posted by Grem View Post
              We are forced to believe that Lost In Nightmares takes place in 2006 since Jill's tombstone established her death at 2006.

In fact, Capcom changed Jill's and Chris' ages for Lost In Nightmares after they went with RE5 taking place in 2009.

So, Lost In Nightmares really takes place in 2006. There's no reason to deny that, since it was established at the very beginning and it never changed afterwards.
              Considering that, Jill should be 31 instead of 32. BUT, we can imagine that RE5 takes place in 2008 or 2009 depending on how we look into things.

Personnally, I prefer to keep things how they were supposed to be : LIN in 2006 with Jill being 31 and Chris 33 and RE5 taking place in 2008 with Chris being 35 and Jill 33 years old.
              Let's disregard the ages for a minute then and tell us why RE5 fits so much better in 2008 than 2009. Why exactly does it make so much more sense?Why does 2009 not fit and what exactly does the BSAA desktop contradict in-game? I'd love to know.
              Last edited by TheBatMan; 03-16-2011, 02:36 PM.
              "I've got 100 cows."
              "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

The ages were overlooked no matter what way you look at it. You people trying to change the official, confirmed dates and override official sources which hammer home the dates the game is set in is pretty ridiculous.

Lost In Nightmares ~ August 2006 ('first night of autumn' is either the 1st or 2nd, depending on the cultural reference)
                Biohazard 5 ~ March 5, 2009 (ending dawn March 7)

Maybe instead of trying to change established facts, you actually use your head and disregard mistaken ages and simply stick to what years the characters were born in? It's two digits, you won't miss them.

EDIT: "2009 Africa"
                ゲームというエンターテインメントを通じて「遊文化」をクリエイトする株式会社カプコンのウェブサイト。ゲーム情報サイトをはじめ企業情報サイト、ネットショッピング、ファンサイトなど、さまざまなサービスについても紹介しています。
                Last edited by News Bot; 03-16-2011, 02:50 PM.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

If Suzuki was rejected for her lack of experience, how old is she or rather, how much experience DOES she have? Alomar has been with the BSAA for about 5+ years (she's been with the BSAA since she was 17/18; at 15 she stopped the guerrilla group she was a part of from buying a B.O.W. and was then brought to America where it took her a few months to learn English (this could have brought her to the age of 16) then went to college for 2 years before she joined the BSAA). Sure she's been living the guerrilla life since she was 8 or 9 and she could have picked up a lot of stuff in the 7 years she was with them, but how much experience does a SOA need in order to be paired up with a SOA that has level 10 action authority?

Comment

Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
                    If Suzuki was rejected for her lack of experience, how old is she or rather, how much experience DOES she have? Alomar has been with the BSAA for about 5+ years (she's been with the BSAA since she was 17/18; at 15 she stopped the guerrilla group she was a part of from buying a B.O.W. and was then brought to America where it took her a few months to learn English (this could have brought her to the age of 16) then went to college for 2 years before she joined the BSAA). Sure she's been living the guerrilla life since she was 8 or 9 and she could have picked up a lot of stuff in the 7 years she was with them, but how much experience does a SOA need in order to be paired up with a SOA that has level 10 action authority?
                    Plot device, perhaps. Plus, given that Suzuki was a planted agent of Tricell, she was probably only put in recently. There's no way to tell really.

Comment

This stuff is getting crazy in here. Why not just agree to disagree as the English version is quite different from the translation on a few things, even if there are typos from the past. Anything outside from the titles can be open to the readers own opinion? No need to try and force ones evidence as facts because everone here is right because of the inconsistencies in the series.
                      Last edited by Zombie Fred; 03-16-2011, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBatMan
                        Let's disregard the ages for a minute then and tell us why RE5 fits so much better in 2008 than 2009. Why exactly does it make so much more sense?Why does 2009 not fit and what exactly does the BSAA desktop contradict in-game? I'd love to know
                        First of all, I like the remote Desktop and the Adam blog and I don't think they contradict anything.
                        Secondly, I don't think 2008 "fits" better as a whole, but just regarding the characters. You guys choose to believe whatever you want, I don't force anyone to embrace my vision.

But for me, in fiction just like in real life, The characters and their information are set in stone. They do not grow magically, they do not loose 1 year. I keep an overal coherent vision regarding the characters in my mind. It's not just a matter of "two digits" error, it's a matter of coherence. Then fine, 2009 is just 4 digits, don't you agree? Nope.

So, when they choose to make Chris 4cm taller or 1 year younger than he's supposed to be, it does not work. It's been more than 10 years that the characters kept coherent evolution regarding those matters and then RE5 completely fuck that up for no reason. I simply call that bullshit and nonesense, so if you want to mindlessly agree with any information labelled as "official" then it's your problem.
                        I'm very much into character development into fiction (even though RE is a bit weak in that department) and that's why I want it to be consistent and when I see the idiocy of RE5 it simply pisses me off. Hopefully, I was pretty clear, now.
                        Last edited by Grem; 03-16-2011, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
                          Let's disregard the ages for a minute then and tell us why RE5 fits so much better in 2008 than 2009. Why exactly does it make so much more sense?
                          The day/month dated files all run up to the July-Sept time gap which fits Jills age limits, the reaper scenerio dated as May where they were just discovered but never followed up on and just left loose in the missile area makes better sense if it was more recently before RE5 takes place, reapers left loose for almost a year seems unlikely.

Additionally from the same file it seems they were already doing test loads for Uroboros which when leaked caused the Reapers, if Uroboros was done then why did Wesker not launch close to then, why wait 10 more months (if RE5 was March 2009), it doesn't make sense to wait with no reason which again favours the July-Sept timeframe.

Chris remarks the medicine used on the Nypidia tribe was still fresh in smell or recent, I forget the exact quote but the village youth journal was wrote in April which if RE5 is 2008 would be more recent and in line with the comment, to expand on this the Type 3 plaga file says more follow up tests would be needed to fix the problem but since we never see evidence of this in the game you would presume they didn't get the chance to again favouring a smaller timeframe between the date fo the file and RE5. The idea of them all running loose so close to the oil factory with all the employess for almost a year (if was 2009) with no one commenting seems a bit off too, the village youth obviously reads/writes english so where is he learning that if they are isolated enough to be unnoticed for so long?

There are no files in the game that are dated June-March (if leading up to March 2009) which seems rather odd, 10 months and no files. Again supports 2008 since the files lead up to a July-Sept timeframe.

Now none of this is concrete evidence, however it does all support 2008 and backs up the only solid way to to tell the year in the game, the ages (which as Prime Blue showed have been pretty accurate throughtout the series, LiN excluded).

Also, from a same source that says 2009 (just to show some of the books to be contradictive within themselves), according to chapter 2 here Jills death is 2 years before RE5, the only time a measurment is said rather than 'some years ago' or whatever is said in the main game.

Aside from the last point above all my reasoning for 2008 is from in game material, all the 2009 reasoning is from out of game marketing and promotional material, the problem being with this is that people are just picking and choosing what parts of promotional material to call canon or not for no reason other than if it supports their claim or not, for example the BSAA desktop is but then the live-action videos are ignored, one part of the Bio5 guide is referenced that says 2009 but another part (that I linked to) is ignored. These are not strong arguments when you pick and choose like that. No one is to say the Adam blogspot is canon when they go and ignore other similar promotion like Leon and Claire twittering for Darkside Chronicles promotion. It is all marketing and just because some parts are better done than others does not put it to fans to decide what is canon. Hence why I stick to in-game info for my reasoning.

If Capcom really wanted to change it to 2009 instead of 2008 like suggested it wouldn't be hard to edit the ages on the profile images, the only solid evidence of any year. They could have also corrected it in the Gold Edition just supposing it was too late to change the original game when they decided, but didn't.

Anyway, I've presented a good argument for 2008, pick it apart, quote out of context, ignore it, agree with it, whatever. I don't feel like continuing this further, make your own opinion based on the evidence.

Last edited by Dracarys; 03-16-2011, 06:27 PM.
                          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Chris being 4cm taller is a really moot point since muscle growth (especially tank levels Chris achieved) promotes an increase in height.

so if you want to mindlessly agree with any information labelled as "official" then it's your problem.
                            Everything official or otherwise is up for scrutiny. This wouldn't be the first error of the games. For example, in Biohazard 0 there's a May 10 timeline entry that CAPCOM have found difficult to place in a single year, and it has been entered as 1996, 1997 and 1998 respectively. The reason for this is the file, similar to the ages, seems impossible by basic time-keeping standards, as the file the date is taken from also has July 24 as the second date (day of the mansion incident).

In reality, the file is referring to May 10 and July 24, 1998. Its written just hours before Rebecca and Billy find it, in the early hours of July 24. CAPCOM themselves, because they never put a date on the file, have never been able to decide on a precise date. Then there are various other numerical mistakes, such as Andy Holland hearing a rumor about Vincent Goldman committing a 'terrible act' a day before Goldman actually does it.

They're simple mistakes, nothing more. The same deal with these ages you guys are up-in-arms about.

Also, from a same source that says 2009 (just to show some of the books to be contradictive within themselves), according to chapter 2 here Jills death is 2 years before RE5, the only time a measurment is said rather than 'some years ago' or whatever is said in the main game.
                            A year is 12 months. Two years is 24 months. Three years is 36 months. Lost In Nightmares takes place in August 2006. Biohazard 5 takes place in March 2009. That's two years and 7 months. Two years.

Once again, 2008 isn't used once in anything and you still fail to provide a single source beyond guess work and personal beliefs. Typical.

Aside from the last point above all my reasoning for 2008 is from in game material, all the 2009 reasoning is from out of game marketing and promotional material, the problem being with this is that people are just picking and choosing what parts of promotional material to call canon or not for no reason other than if it supports their claim or not, for example the BSAA desktop is but then the live-action videos are ignored, one part of the Bio5 guide is referenced that says 2009 but another part (that I linked to) is ignored. These are not strong arguments when you pick and choose like that. No one is to say the Adam blogspot is canon when they go and ignore other similar promotion like Leon and Claire twittering for Darkside Chronicles promotion. It is all marketing and just because some parts are better done than others does not put it to fans to decide what is canon. Hence why I stick to in-game info for my reasoning.
                            The only one picking and choosing is you, to be honest. You have a tendency to not acknowledge anything that doesn't fit with your personal conjecture. The 'Experience Kijuju' blog and BSAA Remote Desktop were written as direct tie-ins to the games by the developers and CAPCOM Japan. The live-action videos had no involvement from the developers, same with the Twitter accounts. The latter were done by CAPCOM USA (the Twitter accounts by some Capcom-Unity guy, I believe) and contradict the shit out of the games. While the former examples do not hold a single contradiction. Do you see the correlation?

If Capcom really wanted to change it to 2009 instead of 2008 like suggested it wouldn't be hard to edit the ages on the profile images, the only solid evidence of any year. They could have also corrected it in the Gold Edition just supposing it was too late to change the original game when they decided, but didn't.
                            Yes, and they should have corrected all of the bizarre translation errors in Darkside Chronicles and the multitude of other minor errors in the series. I'm not quite sure what you're point is, do you want them to halt production of the game to go back and edit the master copy to change a single digit and then resume production and sale of the game several months later? I'm afraid video game production doesn't work like that.
                            Last edited by News Bot; 03-16-2011, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by News bot
                              Chris being 4cm taller is a really moot point since muscle growth (especially tank levels Chris achieved) promotes an increase in height.
                              What about Wesker? He is 7cm taller because of the virus?
                              Jill grew 6cm because she was in stasis?
                              Leon grew 2 cm because the US government training contributed?

Let's face it, they just changed completely their characters since RE4.

Honestly, I don't have any issue with the year the events take place. Just the characters. Capcom is full of shit in this area.

Comment

Originally posted by Grem View Post
                                What about Wesker? He is 7cm taller because of the virus?
                                Jill grew 6cm because she was in stasis?
                                Leon grew 2 cm because the US government training contributed?

Let's face it, they just changed completely their characters since RE4.

Honestly, I don't have any issue with the year the events take place. Just the characters. Capcom is full of shit in this area.
                                A person growing a few centimeters isn't exactly unnatural. I fail to see what the big deal is? There are several years between each character's growth. That's more than enough time for them to grow in height. Does the human body completely stop growing at some point or what? I do not see what your anger is over.

If anything, they're being realistic and the increase in height is a way of showing that the characters aren't permanently the same physically. I mean come the fuck on.
                                Last edited by News Bot; 03-16-2011, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X