No announcement yet.

[Hidden-Palace]Biohazard Betas Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice job! I had no idea that camera angle actually worked.

Comment

• I love this stuff you guys, amazing work of course. This biohazard one beta stuff is so interesting. I hope more shows up!

Comment

• Excellent stuff, Scream.

I'm sure these have already been covered, but I didn't want to search all the pages in this topic.

Anyways, here are some unused rooms from the second alpha. None of contain any enemies or items, and must be accessed via GameShark/Action Replay. I seem to have misplaced the cheats, but maybe someone else can rehack them.

I've attached the prerenders to this post... and I'll post those patched ROMs with the Config Mode, soon.

Originally posted by imacwesker View Post
        I would love to help, if you want to create your own version of RE Dash. God knows I love RE1 (check SurvivHor ;) ) but after playing countless time the Westerner version, the Japanese version, the Saturn version, REDC and Rebirth, I think it is time to let it rest ;)

Working on Dash would also let you play more freely with the design of the Mansion (and the other buildings), with the cemetery, etc. And I would love to play an old RE without a stress-monster à la Nemesis like we faced in RE2, RE3, RECV, Rebirth, RE4, well, you see what I mean ;)

While I was in college, I wrote a few scripts based on the RE universe (to create more or less a web series) and I could adapt some of them to create a script for a video game. Because I followed the development or RE1 and RE1.5 since almost day one, I don't have the attachment to the characters that gamers coming with RE2 or after, have. In RE1, half of the STARS died before the gamer starts to play. We don't know anything about Chris and Jill. In RE1.5, the surviving STARS members are in a hospital and the gamer starts fresh again, with Leon and Elza. While Dash is supposed to bring back some STARS members "a few years after the RE1 incident", I always thought that these STARS members would be again 2 unknown members. It would be interesting to have 2 rookies send in the remains of the Mansion to investigate some gruesome murders...

Anyway, enough rambling, let me know if you are interested.
        I know what you mean by "I think it is time to let it rest".

I'm definitely interested to do something fresh, if the script is good enough. And, of course - just to stress again - if the talent comes on board. I'm not even trying to model anything.

Originally posted by Scream View Post
        Hmm, not sure what I was thinking of then.. maybe RE3?

Whatever happens I'd love to see a RE1 project someday. A new original RE1.. can't possibly beat that. Though personally, I really wouldn't go the way of creating new main characters or a entirely different mansion. You increase the workload too much.. And if the characters are dumb or you don't convey them properly you lose your core audience. Game over.

You could do a new RE0 that covers the mansion just prior to the arrival of Jill/Chris. Add a back entrance and some more outside scenes, so the characters are looking into the mansion through windows and stuff. That would be kinda cool, and you can use original assets still.
        Bio3 used 320x240 prerenders, as well, haha. You may be thinking of the DreamCast and PC version of Bio3, which used 640x480.

As for a Bio1 project, I'm pretty certain there's talent here n' there that can make it happen - new characters and all. Original assets can certainly be reused, but if there isn't something new, such as additions to the mansion and/or characters, it'd be nothing more than yet-another boring mod. If such was the case, I could have and would've made a mod many years ago. I'm just not interested in doing something like that.

I personally love BioZero, although, I haven't played it in many years, now... but the same can't be said for everyone. Some people love it, many hate it... there probably wouldn't be much interest on that front. Also, not sure how the mansion would connect to the facilities from BioZero, unless I've totally forgot something.
        Attached Files
        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Thanks Mark, actually when the alpha came out I did a brief tour of those hidden areas, but I had forgotten most of them. I'm pretty sure there's nothing else to see in there now but worth the reminder!

I unlocked the camera angle for the first alpha for the sake of completion:

Sorry for the slight glitch, I can't get rid of that in this version - the only difference seems to be that you can see the Yawn's differences more clearly between alphas (texture/color/shape).

I also managed to finally change my map location to somewhere else (this is lab B3)..

but of course rather useless, as when you exit, tyrant kills you instantly (j/k game crashes).

Not much else to report - the bathroom background in the first alpha was damn cool, but I'm sure its been posted before if bgs were ripped - interesting that its removed from 2nd alpha and replaced with the bathtub. Only other thing I can think of is checking for more text strings? Though time for me to stop and move on I reckon I only came back to it because I had some more ideas, but I'm pretty dry now. As you say, time to let it rest! It was a joy working on a RE game for a change.

Comment

• I'd really like to see the remake project happen. I definitely think it's doable. let me know if you want help.

here's a little teaser thumbnail - click to enlarge.
            Last edited by RekseW; 10-12-2013, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• Wow! Sounds like an awesome project! Never thought about downscaling the REmake backgrounds to work with the original engine!

Comment

• holy shit that is ****ing cool. MOAR

Comment

• What the hell?

Comment

• Looks pretty cool - also when you encounter a technical issue, you can just record gameplay from the GC version and use that as an FMV sequence

A demake doesn't get me as excited as a new creative project though since I can just play Remake now. And Mark for RE0 I meant a new type of RE0 - nothing to do with the old one (which I've never played except the trial).

Comment

• I am very excited to see thoughts and ideas on a possible project about RE DASH. I love reading posts by Mark and Scream, these screenshots are spectacular and very curious. Thank you very much for sharing guys.

A good start would be to see the script that Jerome made on DASH and from there add things or remove inconsistencies. Following this thread for a few days and I am surprised that there is no interaction and/or interest compared to restoration 1.5 thread.

English isn't my first language, but I'd love to help in any way possible. I love all aspects of RE1 and a mod based on DASH would be "la ostia" as we say in Spain. Hopefully a team set eyes on this conversation.

Comment

• I am curretly playing the 01/31 Sample.

There a lot of differences in this build. I never played the Trial version, so I don't know if this is already known...

Here's a few examples I found playing with Jill:

Intro message is different.
                        No separate slot for key item (Lockpick)
                        Shield in Dining Room is gone.
                        Shield instead of map is to be found in the statue room.
                        Clip on the floor in the statue room.
                        Lighter to be found under the first furniture piece.
                        Back passage has the 2nd zombie lying on the floor, instead of walking.
                        Zombie in the room with the Stairs next to the Save Room has a different position.
                        Crest in save rooms make a different sound.
                        Stairs transition cut scenes are different.
                        Zombie on the 2F Right Stairs is placed further away.
                        Kenneth carried Bazooka ammo instead of clips.
                        Bathtub in Bathroom is filled with water, and contains clip.
                        Forest cannot be examined closely again.
                        Bedroom where the Lighter the is to be found in the final build, has a Health Spray in it's stead.
                        Inserting the Blue Jewel in the Tiger Statue reveals a Ink Ribbon, instead of Wind Crest.
                        Back Passage Puzzle, contains no slot for a Wind Crest.
                        Transition cutscene small lift (outdoor) is different.
                        No short cutscene after defeating the Snake on the attic.
                        Ink Ribbons cannot be stacked, and are treated as separate items.
                        Music during Barry's conversation with Wesker in the Guardhouse is it's main theme.
                        The Bar in the Guardhouse has the theme of the conversation with Wesker and Barry.
                        No useless key dialog.
                        No zombies in the Guardhouse?
                        Naked Zombie in Underground Passage (After 2nd battle with the Snake).
                        Blue Herb on Kitchen table.
                        Hidden Library Room (Statue switch) doesn't contain MO Disk, but Magnum Rounds.
                        One Naked Zombie eats another Naked Zombie at the Laboratory Passage.
                        One Naked Zombie lies at an opening in the Laboratory Passage where in the retail only an item is to be found, here a Ink Ribbon.

I also believe Jill's alternative outfit/model is a bit different...
                        Last edited by 90s Gamer; 10-12-2013, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• Nice beta pics guys. there's a few unused or beta angles in the backgrounds on retail re1 if you want to search for them.
                          Wasn't there going to be another door in the waterpump room?

Remodeling the whole mansion and other areas would be a lot of work, there a lot of rooms. Remake interests me more than dash. Dash is interesting too but there's not really enough reference material for it.

Here's another pic of the remake tea room on the psx

edit: here's one of those beta angles - arms storehouse

Retail:

angle1:

angle2:
                          Last edited by RekseW; 10-12-2013, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 90s Gamer View Post
                            I am curretly playing the 01/31 Sample.

There a lot of differences in this build. I never played the Trial version, so I don't know if this is already known...

Here's a few examples I found playing with Jill:

Intro message is different.
                            No separate slot for key item (Lockpick)
                            Shield in Dining Room is gone.
                            Shield instead of map is to be found in the statue room.
                            Clip on the floor in the statue room.
                            Lighter to be found under the first furniture piece.
                            Back passage has the 2nd zombie lying on the floor, instead of walking.
                            Crest in save rooms make a different sound.
                            Stairs transition cut scenes are different.
                            Zombie on the 2F Right Stairs is placed further away.
                            Kenneth carried Bazooka ammo instead of clips.
                            Bathtub in Bathroom is filled with water, and contains clip.
                            Forest cannot be examined closely again.
                            Bedroom where the Lighter the is to be found in the final build, has a Health Spray in it's stead.
                            Inserting the Blue Jewel in the Tiger Statue reveals a Ink Ribbon, instead of Wind Crest.
                            Back Passage Puzzle, contains no slot for a Wind Crest.
                            Transition cutscene small lift (outdoor) is different.
                            No short cutscene after defeating the Snake on the attic.
                            Ink Ribbons cannot be stacked, and are treated as separate items.
                            Music during Barry's conversation with Wesker in the Guardhouse is it's main theme.
                            The Bar in the Guardhouse has the theme of the conversation with Wesker and Barry.
                            No useless key dialog.

I also believe Jill's alternative outfit/model is a bit different...
                            Where can I find the 1/31 Sample?

Also if there is gonna be a serious attempt for a RE Dash I'd like to offer up my skills at story design, story boarding and script dialogue
                            Last edited by ParasiteAdam; 10-12-2013, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RekseW View Post
                              Nice beta pics guys. there's a few unused or beta angles in the backgrounds on retail re1 if you want to search for them.
                              Wasn't there going to be another door in the waterpump room?

Remodeling the whole mansion and other areas would be a lot of work, there a lot of rooms. Remake interests me more than dash. Dash is interesting too but there's not really enough reference material for it.

Here's another pic of the remake tea room on the psx
                              Gawd damn this interests me. This is awesome. Lol
                              Dash has never really been more than a blip to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by ParasiteAdam View Post
                                Where can I find the 1/31 Sample?
                                Thanks to Zombie-X...

http://www.the-zombie-x.net/bio-betas/BH1Sample.rar

Comment

Working...
                                X