No announcement yet.

Hackers used RE5 leaderboards to request Capcom for 1.5 release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before people were simplier - they were not carrying about ideas "based on reality", some petitions were created. We should not limit ourselves by something to say - "i want bh 1.5".
    Of course game will be never released in the form of alpha build - it can be only leaked from collector's hands as it was said before.

I think if we start creating such threads on other forums we will bring a lot of attention to this game. I think its possible to vote for game release as good as vote in the capcom europe for Dino Crisis reboot.
    Last edited by ANDYARKLAY; 05-28-2011, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
      Is a non issue for me, but the thread targets Capcom. At night. Mostly.
      I see what you did there. Brilliant. Sometimes the subtle approach is the best way to sneak the quotes in.

Also, none of you should concern yourselves with 1.5. It's safely in Project Umbrella's possession, in the underground vault of Groznyj Grad!
      See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
        I see what you did there. Brilliant. Sometimes the subtle approach is the best way to sneak the quotes in.

Also, none of you should concern yourselves with 1.5. It's safely in Project Umbrella's possession, in the underground vault of Groznyj Grad!
        I did not found anything that could prove Project Umbrella have the damn disc.

Comment

He's kidding. None of us have it. He knows full well I'd have stolen it from him years ago if he did.

Comment

The disc we gave you was a fake. THIA must have been in uproar about that.
            See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
              Hate to break it to people but 1.5 data that wasn't farmed off to other projects is likely long binned. I doubt Capcom could release it if even if they wanted to.
              Shun the non-believer! Shuuuuunnnn!!!

Comment

I thought they ported the old PSN releases and stuff from the old PSX code?
                I doubt they'd discard work they spent such an amount of time and effort on.
                sigpic

Comment

I was also under the impression that a Capcom US staff member at one point asked for (and received) a copy of 1.5 to see what all the fuss was about two or three years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                    I thought they ported the old PSN releases and stuff from the old PSX code?
                    I doubt they'd discard work they spent such an amount of time and effort on.
                    Of finished games that get released I am sure they keep important stuff from, not ditched games that ended up as something else though.
                    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

I am 90% sure they do have it, think I've asked Snow about it before.
                      Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 06-02-2011, 12:17 PM.

Comment

They have the game, even if it's scrapped, I bet no one would throw away something so popular between RE fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                          I am 90% sure they do have it, think I've asked Snow about it before.
                          Why would they still have it though? To them, it's inferior to the final product, and they already acknowledged it explicably in the official Complete Disc.

Unless they are just simply archiving, anyhow...
                          If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

Comment

Perhaps they are saving it for a rainy day, to update and refine to the standards of todays media. If they toy with it enough it could be it's own story? Just my two cents though.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Wong View Post
                              Perhaps they are saving it for a rainy day, to update and refine to the standards of todays media. If they toy with it enough it could be it's own story? Just my two cents though.
                              For all we know, Mikami could have wiped his ass with it and disposed the disc afterwards.

Imagine someone getting a hold of that, and selling it on eBay. We could have gotten the game that way by now.
                              If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

Comment

Weren't they reusing assets from it as far in as 1999? I remember RE3 reuses some zombie models from 1.5. 3d models could've also been used for creating the pre-rendered background. I guess what I'm trying to say is, 1.5 just seems too valuable to just throw away. It wasn't just some demonstration build they hastily came up with, it was a nearly complete game that already cost Capcom millions of yen to develop. What's a few more HDDs to completely archive the development data for a huge video game corporation?

But then again, like what Darkmoon said, it's not like it matters if they do have it since they're never gonna be the ones who're going to release it.
                                Seibu teh geimu?
                                ---

Comment

Working...
                                X