Who was Ada working for in RE4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prime Blue View Post
    Ashley spotting Ada with the hook shot and asking Leon about her).
    This is something I never understood why it needed to be explained. I always assumed Ashley knew about Ada, because she was right there when Leon freed her from that weird pod/chair thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
      This is something I never understood why it needed to be explained. I always assumed Ashley knew about Ada, because she was right there when Leon freed her from that weird pod/chair thing.
      She was hardly awake by then and didn't even look at her. She might as well have thought she hallucinated if she hadn't faced her directly later. Just adds to the pile of evidence.

Comment

I see your point about the name. Again, it's just colloquial. I would use "Umbrella's unnamed rival company" but it's not very good as the title of an article and gets quite tedious having to repeatedly use it in one. Not arguing with you or anything, I agree with you. :L As for Separate Ways, I know that they lied etc (I wouldn't strictly say they outright lied, Kobayashi probably just didn't have a clue and just assumed it was brand new), but I don't think that changes much. We still have Assignment Ada there apparently acting as a replacement because it certainly doesn't act as an extra chapter. Maybe we should make that one of the story-related questions for the developers?

Just like they thank the development staff of the games in the soundtracks. Doesn't mean that they composed the music. I think it's an unrealistic notion that a Japanese game company would alot its development staff to proofreading what are – let's face it – pieces of merchandise, and quite extensive ones at that. I don't deny that some guide books might contain material that comes directly from Capcom's development teams, but citing this as a reason to take every last detail in these books for granted is rash. Same goes for developers copying passages out of the books to include in the games – that's a backwards argument (though I've never encountered text "copied and pasted" straight from the Archives). I seem to remember that the Plaga stuff was changed around several times by you based on different guide books. It's just easier to rely on games and interviews than to interpret certain sources again and again.
        Thing is, they don't thank them, it literally says that they're supervised by the development teams. Considering most of the information in the guides appears to be from design notes and appears in other official material (enemy descriptions are a prime example of this), it's not exactly unthinkable that the company would alot some staff to supervise it, when they're written and edited by a different company. Square-Enix does the exact same, as does KONAMI (check out some of the MGS books for example). Also, mostly everything in the guide books works in tandem, backs up, clarifies or adds to the games. We don't automatically accept everything in them as fact either, we make sure they don't contradict anything else and make sure to investigate them fully. We haven't found anything worth making the guide books out to be worthless and they have no contradictions. As for text copy-pasted from Archives, just take a look at Archives (and by extension, the guide books it copies from) and the files in UC and DC. Slightly different wording at best, but it's the exact same information, only stripped down. I can't speak for the Japanese versions of them though since we don't have the Japanese files, but I can't see them being a lot different. The Ultimania books aren't written by the FF development teams either, but they generally contain similar information to the BH guides and supplemental books. Just as you say immediately accepting them as fact is unreasonable (and we don't do it), immediately writing them off as nonsense is also unreasonable.

And the Plaga stuff was changed just once, and it was most likely a mistranslation on our part. Still haven't clarified that.
        Last edited by News Bot; 05-26-2011, 12:33 PM.
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Prime Blue, News Bot & Batman, you guys should write for Capcom since you 3 know so much. Maybe you 3 need to refresh their memory on things they produced, lol.

I've always wondered whether or not if Jill and/or Chris ever had any run-ins with Ada, other than the indirect minor involvements like obtaining files about her or using her name for access purposes...

Comment

Working...
          X