Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wesker's Report - Canonicity Debate (or the Official "WTF Hiroki Kato!?" Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
    I'm not trying to brush you off - I'm trying go get the thread back on topic. I have no personal attachment to this thread, but my job. I don't like threads going off topic like this, and it's annoying the hell outta me that I keep having to come back and deal with it again.

Honestly? I don't understand why you, or Fruit Salad, found this topic so vile and offensive. So you guys don't like this level of detail with your plot? That's fine. Close the thread and move on. As it stand, both of you (although more politely in your case) seem to be going, 'I don't like this level of plot detail, and shall now attempt to piss on it from a great height.' We get you don't care, don't think it's important, don't want to read about it - but other people do. You can make a thread about how much you don't care if you like. Although that seems an odd thing to do. But would you kindly let the folks who do care get back to there chat?
    Well I tried to make an attempt to stay on topic but News Bot himself has shown to sway likewise. And I do not find the topic offensive. We're discussing the canon and its specifics especially to Wesker's report. To do so means to cover your viewpoints on that canon both whether you can accept its shlock or not. This is a debate after all I presumed. It's nothing to get banned or threatened over. But I'm willing to give this another chance if you all are.

Comment

• First of all - double posting bad. Please use the edit function next time.

Second, I'm not banning anyone over this, not unless I finally vie someone an infraction and they turn into a flailing moron spewing stupid all over everything again, but this isn't the thread to be debating how worthy debating canon is. This one is for debating the use of Wesker's Report. If you want to talk about why you feel it's a relevant or less useful resource, go ahead. Just not, 'it's too minor a detail to be important, so you're obsessed.'

Comment

• I wouldn't normally double post but I'm lazy and tired tonight after working almost ten hours and then immediately taking my little brother to see a Michael Bay film in 3D. God help me if I quote two people in separate posts on this special rare occasion. I think we're passed the "obsession" bit. If not, we should be. Otherwise you might as well be proving my case right as it seems to have struck a nerve with you two to continually bring it up.

Again my post regarding Wesker's Report was ignored. So all it tells me is that we've gone beyond the point of no return in this topic.

To debate Wesker's Report is to debate its significance wouldn't you agree? So I'm not exactly off topic in giving my two cents over the trivial issues to look at in the report. And yes it stemmed to a user and the over all series, but why haven't we kept the case tight knit? You should be looking at the big picture here. You can't bring it back on topic so what does that say? The topic has no legs to stand on. I've tried and you two still can't get over the idea one of you could...dare I suggest....look too much into it. ;>_>

Comment

• Anyway, shut up please. That's at least two or three worthless pages of off-topic bullshit now.
          Anyway. Since they added in some stuff to the Archives II edition of Wesker's Report (I actually don't think they did, I think that the text is straight from the Collector's Box text versions) I wonder if they did the same for Wesker's Report II, Ada's Report and the Secret Reports from BH5? I can already see that they left the 'S' pharmaceutical company in Ada's Report.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by Inferno04 View Post
            I concur. Steam ID, sir?
            Same as my PSN, 'adpolicenaut'.
            See you in hell.

Comment

• Wesker's Report IS canon!

Resident Evil 4 (50/50 on this), The Darkside Chronicles and 5, IS NOT canon!

Comment

• ...Yeah, no.

I don't like RE4 but it's a main entry. 5 is a main entry. As for Darkside Chronicles you might get away with, but still, the Japanese translations from the games should automatically override anything supplemental like Wesker's Report.

Comment

• Yeah, it's impossible to say RE4 and RE5 aren't cannon. You may not like them, but they're part of the story. UC and DSC are kinda canon - the scenarios for RE1, RE2, RE3 and CODE: Veronica aren't, but I imagine some of the side chapters in 1 and the completely new stories. Plus the files are probably canon, although whether they're correctly translated is another matter.

I, personally, think Wesker's Report was canon - it's just another victim of changing plans within the company. Whether it still is is a bit trickier. I dunno.

Comment

• Are the action figures canon?

Comment

• NOT CANON

CANON

Comment

• Only worthwhile post you've ever made in any of these topics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Undead Sega View Post
                          Wesker's Report IS canon!

Resident Evil 4 (50/50 on this), The Darkside Chronicles and 5, IS NOT canon!
                          I... uh... what?

Comment

• Originally posted by alexdz View Post
                            I... uh... what?
                            He's in denial.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                              Anyway. Since they added in some stuff to the Archives II edition of Wesker's Report (I actually don't think they did, I think that the text is straight from the Collector's Box text versions) I wonder if they did the same for Wesker's Report II, Ada's Report and the Secret Reports from BH5? I can already see that they left the 'S' pharmaceutical company in Ada's Report.
                              I think that S pharmaceutical company info is too big to be ignored. It is packed into RE4 wii, ps2 and soon in the revival selection. Same goes to WR2 which is publicly available on the net. Information from the side scenarios DSC and UC are canon (they were meant to be) even if they mean overwriting WR. Everything else that contradict the previous main games are just for fan service.

WR on the other hand, is only accessible on a limited packages and is only semi-canon at best, just like the various short stories in the soundtracks or the novels.

My opinion.
                              Last edited by xfactor; 06-30-2011, 08:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by xfactor View Post
                                I think that S pharmaceutical company info is too big to be ignored. It is packed into RE4 wii, ps2 and soon in the revival selection. Same goes to WR2 which is publicly available on the net. Information from the side scenarios DSC and UC are canon (they were meant to be) even if they mean overwriting WR. Everything else that contradict the previous main games are just for fan service.

WR on the other hand, is only accessible on a limited packages and is only semi-canon at best, just like the various short stories in the soundtracks or the novels.

My opinion.
                                It's not too big nor is it being ignored. S is Tricell (originally; Seashell).

WR is the only main piece of supplemental material which is really under scrutiny. Everything else from Wesker's Report II, Wesker's Extra Report, Prelude to the Fall, Angela's Diary, Incubate, Catalysis, Archives, Archives II, Official Guidebooks and the Kaitai Shinsho guidebooks are all pretty spot-on. It's just the original Wesker's Report that doesn't fit in some places. It's not that big a deal, but if there's any possibility of it being like the rest then that's always a plus.

Comment

Working...
                                X