Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wesker's Report - Canonicity Debate (or the Official "WTF Hiroki Kato!?" Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
    Perhaps there was a time when they did care about it enough to write out a canon where people surviving was the best possible outcome and most of the recent main entry titles have been straightforward stories. Stories about how Leon saved the President's daughter and Chris stopped Wesker from tentacle raping the world. But if they did care they certainly abandoned it quite a while ago and just threw it all in to a giant pot of cwaziness.
    I really hope you're including games like CODE: Veronica and Zero in that list, because RE4 and RE5 are hardly the first RE games to follow a linear story with little to no deviations based on player input.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
      "Hey, I'm going to post in a topic centering around the story of a video game series and announce my personal dislike for it. Because it's relevant."
      That's a bingo!

You didn't have to ask me. I took it upon myself to spare you from the inevitable depression you'll have when you one day realize that it was all for nothing.

The mental image of you alone by your computer screen staring at the latest news that Resident Evil 6 will star Alice fighting off plagas enemies against Wesker who came back to life yet again is not a pretty sight. Cigarette in the ash tray. A bottle of Jack Daniels half spilled on your desk. Face showing signs of stubble. Eyes darkened from lack of sleep. I don't want you turning into one of those fans that pours their life into a story that a couple of people pulled out of their ass one weekend as the outline for their new zombie game. You're better than that news bot!
      Last edited by Smiley; 06-27-2011, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
        I really hope you're including games like CODE: Veronica and Zero in that list, because RE4 and RE5 are hardly the first RE games to follow a linear story with little to no deviations based on player input.
        Well Code Veronica is a given, but did you just suggest Zero had a plot?

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
          That's a bingo!

You didn't have to ask me. I took it upon myself to spare you from the inevitable depression you'll have when you one day realize that it was all for nothing.

The mental image of you alone by your computer screen staring at the latest news that Resident Evil 6 will star Alice fighting off plagas enemies against Wesker who came back to life yet again is not a pretty sight. Cigarette in the ash tray. A bottle of Jack Daniels half spilled on your desk. Face showing signs of stubble. Eyes darkened from lack of sleep. I don't want you turning into one of those fans that pours their life into a story that a couple of people pulled out of their ass one weekend as the outline for their new zombie game. You're better than that news bot!
          You're a poster child for what I was saying earlier about over-estimating how much anyone cares about this stuff. Bahaha.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

news bot just got

T
            O
            L
            D

Comment

Originally posted by Fruit Salad View Post
              news bot just got

T
              O
              L
              D
              The only one causing drama in this topic is you, ironically. You won't last long as a spamming troll.
              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Alright, less beings. Behave yourself. No spam posts. Unless you actually have something to add, go, shoo. Find something useful to do. I have a door with a draft - go lie in front of it.

Comment

oh gawd my ego i'm so hurt

Comment

Apparently I'm not joking when I warn people. Who knew?

Comment

• just look at all the people who care.jpg

did i mention that i love resident evil? cause i do!

Comment

• btw this is why nobody uses public internet forums anymore lol

Comment

• People spamming discussions because of there own personal vendettas? Quite agree. And yes, I'm taking a moment to consult with a colleague on what to do with you. Of course, he's telling me to ban you and be done with it. How come I end being the merciful one?

Now, if we can please go on topic and not randomly yell at other members...

Comment

• just cut the bullshit and ban me already. i'll be back under a new ip anyway.

Comment

• also your colleague is a dork

Comment

• O...K. I would point out that simply not being a tool is all you currently need to do to not be banned. Although I will be giving you another ten points for insulting a mod. Ten points after that are you're gone. Your choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X