Mercenaries 3D saved files are permanent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
    If you believe that, I've got a tropical island in the Pacific I'll be happy to sell you.
    It isn't even the first 3DS game to do this, it is just the first people moan about. There is the RE fanbase for you.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

What other games do it?

Comment

So this is a 3DS thing rather than a Capcom thing?

Still, it doesn't seem like it should be that hard to add a delete function, and it is gonna tank second hand sales regardless of what Capcom say. I know if I'd had any interest in buying the game it would now be gone, and the same will happen if I can't play Revelations from scratch. People can play those same levels on RE4 and RE5, with the same characters (although, of course, not always that character on that level) and the only big add ons are 3D, levelling up your character and unlocking junk. With this, it's on 3D and of course the fact it's a hand held game, which could be a plus or minus depending on your own opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
          It isn't even the first 3DS game to do this, it is just the first people moan about. There is the RE fanbase for you.
          Please do share the other 3DS games that have done this. I'm genuinely interested. And are any of them considered as big of a franchise as Resident Evil?

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
            Please do share the other 3DS games that have done this. I'm genuinely interested. And are any of them considered as big of a franchise as Resident Evil?
            Super Monkey Ball. Size of franchise shouldn't matter, this is a principle thing right?
            Last edited by Dracarys; 06-28-2011, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Super Monkey Ball. Size of franchise shouldn't matter, this is a principle thing right?
              The reason why I bring up the size of the franchise is that a lot more people play Resident Evil than certain other series that might have this save restriction. In this case, Super Monkey Ball.

Thus, it affects a greater number of people. Resident Evil has the brand recognition (thanks in no small part to the movies) that a series like Super Monkey Ball doesn't. This is why you're going to hear a lot more about it in regards to Mercs 3D. Super Monkey Ball doesn't garner the same media attention.

Comment

Super Monkey Ball will not create enough drama to get websites hits with the same story you mean, right?

Comment

Basically.

Comment

EB Games here in Australia have pulled the game from sale in store and on their website. Their business model is built on the idea of selling the same pre-owned games over and over and Mercs3D's permanent save doesn't fit with that, so they've decided not to sell the game at all.

Comment

If you want to buy it used because you do not believe it is worth full price, instead wait for a price drop on a new copy. That way you still get what you want (the game for less money, without someone elses save data) and Capcom get what they want (ANY money). If you want to buy it used to spite Capcom because you disapprove of the games lack of new content or character or some such then the fact you want to buy it and play it still voids any merit behind the idea, since Capcom clearly did make a product you want to play.
                      Well. It was a win-win for me and Capcom. Someone surprised me with the game for my upcoming birthday. You win again.. Capcom.. ..

I've played about an hour of it and I can certainly see why people are complaining. Yikes.. What bothers me the most actually, is the sound quality. What the hell? It sounds they the took the sound files from RE5 and submerged them underwater.. The game is fun when you get used to the controls, but seriously flawed in my opinion.
                      sigpic

Comment

This seems a strategy after the collapse in sales of Darkside Chronicles. The phrase: "Buy it new or fuck you dude."

Its stupid to think the ignorance by part of developers, independently if this happens in most Nintendo 3DS games.

Comment

Yeah, I have it... The game is fun, but the sound quality is terrible. The music sounds perfectly fine, crisp and clean, but all the sound effects, voices, etc. sound like those YouTube videos where people record music through a sound recorder then upload it rather than the file itself. And then divided by 5. It's reeeeally bad...
                          Last edited by Canas Renvall; 06-29-2011, 10:18 AM.

Comment

I remember thinking the audio in RE4 was pretty bad, had an odd quality to it. RE5 sounded fine though.

Comment

Ooh, that's a better comparison. It sounds like RE4 PS2, only worse. The super-compressed audio really kills it.
                              Last edited by Canas Renvall; 06-29-2011, 12:13 PM.

Comment

this game is worthless anyway ..
                                dont waist your money on it
                                what this game offers is what you got already in re 4 and 5.

Comment

Working...
                                X