No announcement yet.

Resident Evil HD Revival New screens and vids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well shit, if you don't like the way they do things don't buy from them??? Otherwise all your doing is wasting your breath.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Wong View Post
      Well shit, if you don't like the way they do things don't buy from them??? Otherwise all your doing is wasting your breath.
      Agreed. If you don't like the pricing, you don't need to buy it, you are free to spend it elsewhere.

Now is $20 too much. I think it's a little high. $15 would have been my preferred price.

Now if it was $20 as a physical copy, I would pay for that. No DRM, no need to worry about what would happen when the next consoles launch, or if the games ever got pulled off the service.

Comment

Someone really needs to inform Capcom that the whole point of going the purely digital route is you can charge less and make the same kinda profit, not charge the same and make a higher one.

Well, I was never going to buy it. Now I'm just going to sit here and chuckle to myself at what an interesting place Capcom's marketing department must be...

And just because it's funny -
        CODE: Veronica X

Resident Evil 4

PlayStation 2

Yes, that is actually buying both games and a PS2 to play them on for only a little bit more, including shipping, than buying the new versions. The PS2 ever has some bonus games bundled in there. If you can get a cheaper PS2 from a second hand shop, and I've seen them around Derby for £10 before, it would be possible to buy the console and games for less than the new versions.

Does that seem wrong to anyone but me? I know these are HD improvements and the PS2 versions are probably the worst of each game...but still.

Comment

Originally posted by let me live View Post
          Considering my first playthrough of Dreamcast's $50 RE:CV took me 7+ hours, a $20 HD version is nothing. The same applies to my 20+ hour first playthrough of RE4 as well.

As RE fans, is the price for the two really that outrageous? $40 is generally the same price tag for any other RE bundle Capcom has put out. Remember 'The Resident Evil 10th Anniversary Collection' on October 24 2006? It offered Resident Evil (the remake), Resident Evil Zero, and Resident Evil 4 together for $39.99.

There was also the American exclusive 'Pure Evil' GC bundle - which contained RE0 and REmake - and if I'm remembering right, I saw that being sold in the range of $29.99 to $39.99.

As a consumer, yes, anyone would complain that $40 is a bit much, but in comparison to the other $$$ bundles: it's just a broken record. The big difference between this and the others though; these two classics are being presented in full, widescreen-lovin' High Definition. Not to mention the other features that caters to other demographics (achievements, no disc if you get the digital version, etc).

The other bundles were untouched, but with the same price range. All things considered, this is actually the first bundle price I agree with (or at the very least, understand).
          But you can't compare a digital release vs a retail release. Simply because the digital version is not really yours, it will last as long as the console's online capabilities / DRM licenses allow it.

HD & Achievement/trophies are good things, but not enough to justify the pricing. As Darkmoon said, in some countries you can get a PS2/NGC with both games for almost the same price, of course they are not HD, but you can still enjoy the games.

I wouldn't mind paying 40 bucks for a physical release at all.
          Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 07-28-2011, 04:17 AM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

^ hell at this point ill pay 100 bucks for a physical release.

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
              A number of reasons this is bad

- Look at pricing of other last gen HD ports, Capcom cost more per game (double the price in some cases)
              - These are not as new as some of those last gen bundles you list, the value has dropped heavily.
              - These are not disc releases
              - Since Capcom are keeping quite they probably have that 24/7 online DRM
              - The reason they are not disc release according to Capcom is to save costs, yet still charge significantly more for digital only (no needing please retailers by pricing higher digitally) than other companies do at retail.
              Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
              But you can't compare a digital release vs a retail release. Simply because the digital version is not really yours, it will last as long as the console's online capabilities / DRM licenses allow it.

HD & Achievement/trophies are good things, but not enough to justify the pricing. As Darkmoon said, in some countries you can get a PS2/NGC with both games for almost the same price, of course they are not HD, but you can still enjoy the games.

I wouldn't mind paying 40 bucks for a physical release at all.
              I would agree to compare them to the PS2 iteraions if we were comparing content, but the selling point is solely HD (per Capcom's own recently released comparison trailer). Depending on the person, HD may or may not justify the price, as that's really up to the market to decide. I'll keep a lookout on the sales numbers, if it's ever released to the public... otherwise, at this point, there's nothing we can legitimize.

Yeah, I'm actually with you guys: as a collector, I hate buying digital. In fact, the only advantages I see in digital is cutting out secondhand sales (Gamestop), not needing a disc, and not putting as much strain on the console as a result of that.

Disadvantages:
              - No price competition, large file sizes and the possibility of harddrive failure.

It would be interesting to see how the digital scene is 10 years from now... download 10 gigs in 1 second? I can see that alone as justification for some to convert. So it's understandable why they would want to lead the charge.

Capcom (and Microsoft) are en route to lead digital as the premiere way to obtain your games. This Revival Selection - plus the whole Dead Rising 2 prologue/epilogue crap, DLC MVC3 characters, SF HD Remix - further proves they're taking digitial distribution seriously.

I don't agree with the method, but given the ever-changing technology age nowadays, I do understand that times are changing. As such, it's not surprising that a for-profit company like Capcom, are using their top titles to further methods of inflating profits and or/ the means to obtain the dough.

It's just a broken record with the price tags; from the company and from fans. I think the general consensus from us is that we expect legitimate re-released price tags from Capcom, but such is not the case: it has never been, and going digital is not going to change that.
              REALDEMO

Comment

RE4 looks fine but CVX looks half assed.nothing more than the brightness lowerd.
                Last edited by BrionIrons; 07-28-2011, 03:12 PM.
                sigpic
                www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

Originally posted by BrionIrons View Post
                  RE4 looks fine but CVX looks half assed.nothing more than the brightness lowerd.
                  I think its the other way around re 4 looks the same and code veronica looks sharper with more colors.
                  Last edited by rehunk88; 07-28-2011, 03:14 PM.

Comment

i just don't see it.CVX look like it did 12 years ago,but with lowerd brightness.RE4 look pretty much the the same like on the Gamecube but the graphics look ageless.CVX looks aged even with the "HD"
                    Last edited by BrionIrons; 07-28-2011, 03:28 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

i just don't see it.CVX look like it did 12 years ago,but with lowerd brightness.RE4 look pretty much the the same like on the Gamecube but the graphics look ageless.CVX looks aged even with the "HD"
                      Having played CVX many time I would have to say it looks much better than any other version of it. The colors pop off the screen more. The shadows are now inky black looks more realisitc. the whole game is a tad darker but I think that's a smart move because CVX always looked "too bright" and that brightness took away from having tension and fear IMO. I also like the slight film grain they added as it makes the game seem slightly diffused and more eerie.

Now RE4 still looks the same to me but is much sharper now.
                      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

I heard that if you import the disc version of the game to a western PS3 system that it will covert the Japanese into English translation.

Any truth to this or is it complete BS?

Comment

Originally posted by Reston View Post
                          I heard that if you import the disc version of the game to a western PS3 system that it will covert the Japanese into English translation.

Any truth to this or is it complete BS?
                          I worked with RE5, but I don't know if it'll work the same for these two.
                          My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                            Having played CVX many time I would have to say it looks much better than any other version of it. The colors pop off the screen more. The shadows are now inky black looks more realisitc. the whole game is a tad darker but I think that's a smart move because CVX always looked "too bright" and that brightness took away from having tension and fear IMO. I also like the slight film grain they added as it makes the game seem slightly diffused and more eerie.

Now RE4 still looks the same to me but is much sharper now.
                            RE4 does look sharper but CVX looks horrible.Im not the only one saying it.Others on youtube are saying the same thing.They could have did a better job at remastering CVX.
                            sigpic

Comment

RE4 does look sharper but CVX looks horrible.Im not the only one saying it.Others on youtube are saying the same thing.They could have did a better job at remastering CVX.
                              Well what do you expect its capcom they are in for a fast cash in

Comment

well instead of fast cash.why not remake it and make more than fast cash.see,there's no excuse.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X