Resident Evil 6 - General thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 6 - General thread

Time for this thread to start, now with this recent information. Survival horror roots again?

site

THE BUZZ: EGM spoke with a reliable insider with knowledge of Capcom’s upcoming Resident Evil 6 – rumored to be unveiled in more detail at TGS in the days ahead – who reveals it will “go back to its roots” by revamping the game with an emphasis on what made Resident Evil so great to begin with.
    “This will be, by far, the most gruesome Resident Evil game to date,” according to our source, who commented on the condition of anonymity. “A real emphasis is being placed on making the game brutally scary.”

EGM’s TAKE: Capcom PR, en route to Tokyo Game Show, has not surprisingly issued a standard “Capcom has not made any announcements [about Resident Evil 6] and does not comment on rumors,” statement in response to EGM’s request for confirmation. But how awesome would it be to see the horror quotient, which most agree was lacking in part five, amped up for the next installment?
    Team EGM is on the ground in Japan and will dish up more news and rumors as our editors uncover them.

Now we just need a trailer and im happy

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

...hahHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!

...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Heh, it's funny 'cos it's not actually Capcom.

Seriously, how many times have they declared the next Resident Evil game is going to be utterly terrifying? Every release after 4, if my memory is correct. We all know the 'Fear You Can't Forget Because There Isn't Any' motto from RE5. It's bollocks. They'll sell what sells well - expect Uncharted or Gears of War with the RE logo slapped on it.

And it's not even Capcom claiming this. They will, of course, but not yet.

Which is not to say I won't be rejoicing naked through the streets if I'm wrong. But so far even Revelations is looking only moderately survival horror, and that's a side game dumped on a handheld console which is so far only somewhat successful, judging by the price drop. Capcom knows full well that action sells well, hence why they rammed Mercs 3D through development in around a year, and I can't imagine they'll really try to make RE6 horror.

Then again, every shop I look in has enough copies of Mercs 3D, new or second hand, to make a small replica of the Mansion. So maybe Capcom's got the message that pure action doesn't work for an RE game.

Then again, they green lighted ORC...

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
        HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

...hahHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!

...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Heh, it's funny 'cos it's not actually Capcom.

Seriously, how many times have they declared the next Resident Evil game is going to be utterly terrifying? Every release after 4, if my memory is correct. We all know the 'Fear You Can't Forget Because There Isn't Any' motto from RE5. It's bollocks. They'll sell what sells well - expect Uncharted or Gears of War with the RE logo slapped on it.

And it's not even Capcom claiming this. They will, of course, but not yet.

Which is not to say I won't be rejoicing naked through the streets if I'm wrong. But so far even Revelations is looking only moderately survival horror, and that's a side game dumped on a handheld console which is so far only somewhat successful, judging by the price drop. Capcom knows full well that action sells well, hence why they rammed Mercs 3D through development in around a year, and I can't imagine they'll really try to make RE6 horror.

Then again, every shop I look in has enough copies of Mercs 3D, new or second hand, to make a small replica of the Mansion. So maybe Capcom's got the message that pure action doesn't work for an RE game.

Then again, they green lighted ORC...
        well the laugh is on you if it turns out this one is really going back to the roots witch i hope it is now more than ever ;)

Comment

Resident Evil will never be "brutally scary". It never was to begin with. Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by rehunk88 View Post
            well the laugh is on you if it turns out this one is really going back to the roots witch i hope it is now more than ever ;)
            Which is not to say I won't be rejoicing naked through the streets if I'm wrong.
            Nah, I'm good. I can assure you, I hope to my heathen black hearted masters that I'm wrong. I will merrily swallow my humble pie for a Resident Evil game that is any fucking good. By Capcom hasn't shown me to be wrong in a long, long time. I have no real reason to expect that to start now.

Of course, an actual judgement will have to wait until we get some real trailers...several months after they actually announce the game and send out a launch video.

Comment

Nah, I'm good. I can assure you, I hope to my heathen black hearted masters that I'm wrong. I will merrily swallow my humble pie for a Resident Evil game that is any fucking good. By Capcom hasn't shown me to be wrong in a long, long time. I have no real reason to expect that to start now.

Of course, an actual judgement will have to wait until we get some real trailers...several months after they actually announce the game and send out a launch video.
              Okay fair enough .. but at least when we look at revalations im not saying its back to the roots but at least .. its a little step in the right directions now...
              and now that the fans... all over the world have cried for so long ..
              for a scary resident evil ... i got a good feeling this one will top the cake

i really think we are back again at least back in the sense of small hallways horror low ammo no kijuju no las plagas crap.
              i believe we are back finally .. but well first trailer should come tomorrow Tgs starts there so cross fingers and hope for the best.
              Last edited by rehunk88; 09-14-2011, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grem View Post
                Resident Evil will never be "brutally scary". It never was to begin with. Ha!
                Brutally scary was Silent Hill.
                Resident Evil is more like those zombie movies that have no horror.

The focus is on survival.

Comment

Originally posted by alinhoalisson View Post
                  Brutally scary was Silent Hill.
                  Resident Evil is more like those zombie movies that have no horror.

The focus is on survival.
                  in silent hill you had to survive also

i dont want my re 6 to be just about survival when you say survival it makes me think about that new tomb raider they make of course i want my re to be a mix of BRUTAlly scary and shocks with survival as in not alot of ammo ... so you cant go rambo style like re 5 did.
                  Last edited by rehunk88; 09-14-2011, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Don't get your hopes up. What Capcom say and what Capcom do are two entirely different things.

Comment

i hope i hope i cross my fingers that this isent another re 5 (FINGERS CROSSED!!)

Comment

I both want and hope there is multiplayer. RE has never been scary to me outside of maybe a couple shock moments from something unexpected throughout the years (like the second time T-103 breaks through a wall), and that can be done in any game genre.

I want a game that is gonna stay fresh for a long long time and no single player experience offers that.
                        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

I'm okay with multiplayer as long as it's not forced co-op like in RE5. I want it to be a separate mode entirely. Preferably something akin to Splinter Cell Conviction, where it's actually story-related to the single player campaign. I don't care about competitive, as I never play it, but hopefully it'll be better thought out than RE5's Versus Mode.

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                            I both want and hope there is multiplayer. RE has never been scary to me outside of maybe a couple shock moments from something unexpected throughout the years (like the second time T-103 breaks through a wall), and that can be done in any game genre.

I want a game that is gonna stay fresh for a long long time and no single player experience offers that.
                            I agree multiplayer is always fun well as long as the single player part is great then it dosent harm to keep playing online

Comment

Dunno what it is..... especially because everything I see about Operation RC is so uninspiring for me.

But I'm actually believing we'll see something tomorrow on Resident Evil 6, and it'll be absolutely amazing.
                              http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                              http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                              Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X