No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, since no one has brought it up: what do we hope for in terms of inventory screens/management? Should it be like the classics, RE4, or RE5? Something newer or "more modern" perhaps?

Personally, I hope we return to either the classic screen (complete with great sound effects) or RE4's. I'm okay with something new if that's what's going to happen. RE5's irritating real-time inventory, however, I can do without.
    A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie Fred View Post
      Chris Redfield, and his BSAA allies, are well prepared but even by what we see in the trailer they have a much worst fate from the BOWs and other experiments that is going on in China, you can see how much it has got to Chris when he snaps, given his training and survival from Kijuju and Wesker, this is another game changer for him and it seems his team are the one trying to keep him in check.
      I'd like to point out that this seems to be the first time he's taken leadership roles. Instead of just being a agent or part of a team or playing second fiddle, he seems to be taking control of the situation. I mean, he and Sheva pretty much saved the world so I wouldn't be surprised if the BSAA gave him and her on top billing of anything. Also, leaders of any squad or unit in RE tends to die so it's going to be interesting if Chris can break the cycle.

His journey of getting over the Horror might have came to a conclusion but actually being a vanguard against It has just begun.
      Last edited by BBboy20; 01-24-2012, 08:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
        So, since no one has brought it up: what do we hope for in terms of inventory screens/management? Should it be like the classics, RE4, or RE5? Something newer or "more modern" perhaps?

Personally, I hope we return to either the classic screen (complete with great sound effects) or RE4's. I'm okay with something new if that's what's going to happen. RE5's irritating real-time inventory, however, I can do without.
        Since it looks like it'll have co-op and judging by the Gear-like gameplay I guess we'll have the RE5 system with a few tweeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
          So, since no one has brought it up: what do we hope for in terms of inventory screens/management? Should it be like the classics, RE4, or RE5? Something newer or "more modern" perhaps?

I prefer RE5s system, keeps pressure up everything being realtime and keeps the gameplay flowing. Not a big fan of stops and starts constantly in action games.
          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• I too prefer RE5 inventory to RE4. I dont want to play Tetris.

Comment

• EDIT: I hate my laptop sometimes
              Last edited by Vito; 01-24-2012, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vito View Post
                I too prefer RE5 inventory to RE4. I dont want to play Tetris.
                So you also enjoy having an extremely limited inventory system where a Kevlar vest, that you wear, is still taking up space in your inventory?

SHENANIGANS!

BTW has anyone else just figured that RE: Damnation was scrapped and turned into RE6 instead?

Comment

• BTW has anyone else just figured that RE: Damnation was scrapped and turned into RE6 instead?
                  Damnation did not begin full production until September 2011, so its absence is not as drastic as most people seem to portray it. RE6 began development two years ago, so either way Damnation was not turned into it.
                  PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	orly128652844336822948.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	400846

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                      So you also enjoy having an extremely limited inventory system where a Kevlar vest, that you wear, is still taking up space in your inventory?

SHENANIGANS!

BTW has anyone else just figured that RE: Damnation was scrapped and turned into RE6 instead?
                      Yep, classic inventory FTW!

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                        Damnation did not begin full production until September 2011, so its absence is not as drastic as most people seem to portray it. RE6 began development two years ago, so either way Damnation was not turned into it.
                        Blind guess would be that Damnation accompanies Resident Evil 6 to introduce/set up something the same way Degeneration kinda introduced us to TriCell before Resident Evil 5 (and along with Operation Raccoon City, further wash away the voice of Paul Mercier. By the way, is it just me that finds it funny that Paul's probably out entirely now, even with Operation Racoon City, which is from a developer of a certain other franchise where he's also done voice work - according to wikipedia?)
                        Last edited by Carnivol; 01-25-2012, 02:01 AM.

Comment

• I greatly preferred RE4's grid-style inventory over RE5's limited live-action one. I liked being able to carry more, with items having realistic sizes; I didn't mind "playing Tetris." I also liked how you could expand your inventory as the game went on.
                          Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• Remember that whole "RE6 logo looks like giraffe fellatio" fiasco from last week? This is fantastic.

Comment

• It is quite remarkable. I like how the giraffe in question appears to be wearing clown shoes implying some sort of furry action going on.

Comment

• I just like how the official RE Facebook page trolled themselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X