No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it's more like the kiddies who don't know what Resident Evil is just like to hate on it regardless, RE6 has many elements of the past games that close minded people fail to even see.

Okay let me give you guys one example of this.

Jake, Sherry, Leon and Helena take on Ustanak in a 4 player co-op section of the game.

Jill, Chris and Barry or Rebecca can have a fight against the Tyrant at the end of Remake.

Ustanaks fight is basically a co-op version of that classic moment, but yet it seems people do not even notice this.

Call me crazy but I for one find the prospect of a fight similar to that classic Tyrant moment in co-op exciting.
    Last edited by shanemurphy; 08-02-2012, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shanemurphy View Post
      I think it's more like the kiddies who don't know what Resident Evil is just like to hate on it regardless, RE6 has many elements of the past games that close minded people fail to even see.
      Maybe people are just confused because the graphics are good and the voice acting isn't shit any more.

Comment

• I always liked the pre rendered backgrounds though! voice acting yes, but things could be worse, RE could have had The House of the Dead voice acting, is it even possible to act that bad when trying to be serious??

Comment

• I always loved the bat zombie bastard taunting the agents.

"Seems like my advice had no effect"...then he said "Suffer like G did?". He seriously made his threat sound like a question and it always sounds confusing.

Comment

• Originally posted by shanemurphy View Post
            I always liked the pre rendered backgrounds though! voice acting yes, but things could be worse, RE could have had The House of the Dead voice acting, is it even possible to act that bad when trying to be serious??
            It's not the acting alone but the overall process. VA back then wasn't as big as it is today, most likely there was a lack of proper VA direction too.
            Many games nowadays still retain the "1 recording" process but at the very least they hire better actors for the job.
            Still it's crystal clear when you compare voice acting from games like the "Tales of" series to something like Resident Evil or Final Fantasy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
              This pretty much confirms:

-Leon starts in Tall Oaks as opposed to China like people have started to believe recently
              -Chris starts in China and his Serbian chapters are playable FLASHBACKS (probably when explaining why he hunting down Carla/Ada)
              -Jake starts in Eastern Europe and then goes to China

http://www.capcom.co.jp/bio6/story.html
              I believe there is a prologue as Leon in China before choosing which of the three campaigns to play.

So have Capcom retconned BSAA again, 2004 now instead of 2003.
              Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• So have Capcom retconned BSAA again, 2004 now instead of 2003.
                Never was 2003 to begin with, only assumed because that's the only date given in its BH5 file, but it refers to the collapse of Umbrella rather than the BSAA.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• DAT boxart: http://andriasang.com/con24q/bio6_packaging/

Comment

• Originally posted by Vito View Post
                    Dammit, Japan.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                      Never was 2003 to begin with, only assumed because that's the only date given in its BH5 file, but it refers to the collapse of Umbrella rather than the BSAA.
                      It clearly states in 2003 after Operation TALOS Jill and CHris became founding members, in addition to the RE5 file it is stated as 2003 several times in Archives 2, including in the timeline it provides.
                      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                        It clearly states in 2003 after Operation TALOS Jill and CHris became founding members, in addition to the RE5 file it is stated as 2003 several times in Archives 2, including in the timeline it provides.
                        If you're referring to Jill's file with the first part, it only states after the T-A.L.OS. Interdiction Operation which took place in 2003. It's phrased oddly because it's a summary, but it doesn't say the BSAA was established in 2003, only that the operation took place then and the BSAA was established afterwards, since they had to make mention of it. Otherwise they'd be saying the operation didn't take place in 2003. The entire line is simply rushed for summary purposes, while the localization jumped the gun and is just wrong.

Then, in 2003.
                        After the "T-A.L.O.S. Interdiction Operation" carried out in Russia, Jill opposed bio-weapon crimes around the world as an early member of the BSAA (Original Eleven) along with Chris.
                        If you read her file literally and not as a summary, you would think she and Chris visited Spencer in 2003 also. The BSAA file also only says that Umbrella collapsed in 2003.

And, in 2003, it was determined that Umbrella completely lost the case. Umbrella collapsed, and it was believed that the giant scandal, which was about to embroil the entire pharmaceutical industry, had ended.
                        Archives II also does not state it anywhere except in the timeline, which was based on the CHRONICLE timeline in the BH5 Kaitai Shinsho guide that used the assumption. There is no reference to the year the BSAA was established in BH5, or anywhere else until now for that matter outside of the Kaitai Shinsho writers material (Archives II was written by them). This is also the reason why the INSIDE OF BIOHAZARD THE DARKSIDE CHRONICLES (written by CAPCOM) does not include the BSAA's establishment in its timeline yet includes its 2005 reformation reference to Revelations; there was no real information on it at the time other than the assumption made by the Kaitai Shinsho writers. It has now been clarified by the actual series writers.
                        Last edited by News Bot; 08-03-2012, 02:05 AM.

Comment

• This is one of the better "behind the scenes" videos released thus far:

We head out to Capcom HQ to get the newest details on Ada Wong's story and a new co-op mode Agent Hunt in Resident Evil 6.

It doesn't have anything most of us haven't seen before. Just a few seconds of Ada's campaign, for those that that don't want to see it.

Anyway, the video discusses how they're trying to balance horror and action, and also takes a look at the music.
                          Last edited by Shield Key; 08-03-2012, 01:54 AM.

Comment

• BH6 easily has some of the most horrifying designs and set-pieces in the series. Ada's section in Tall Oaks seems more like an expanded Lost In Nightmares.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                              Dammit, Japan.
                              I guess now the ones getting shafted are the people in America (as in the whole continent, not just US).
                              Europe gets a sexy special edition, Japan gets awesome boxarts. We get Anthology & Archives, which serve no purpose if you have all the games already.
                              If there's no NA SE, I'm importing the PS3 one, the steelbox is just too fucking sexy.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• Originally posted by Shield Key View Post
                                Anyway, the video discusses how they're trying to balance horror and action, and also takes a look at the music.
                                Thanks for the link; the part about the music was really interesting. I think a lot of people take music in games for granted; they may think "yeah, this is a cool tune," but I wonder how many of them know how much thought goes into crafting it.
                                Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Working...
                                X