Resident Evil 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Smiley View Post
    It is quite remarkable. I like how the giraffe in question appears to be wearing clown shoes implying some sort of furry action going on.
    I can't imagine something more horrible than a horror game where you fend off waves upon waves of sexually frustrated furries.

Comment

• I would like to see Chris fighting human enemies, the bioterrorists themselves if you will. Not throughout the whole game but in certain segments, would be interesting and provide a bit more realism to the series. Personally, I see no harm in a one-off firefight with human enemies. Not too much though, the emphasis has to remain focused on the horror aspect.
      See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
        I would like to see Chris fighting human enemies, the bioterrorists themselves if you will. Not throughout the whole game but in certain segments, would be interesting and provide a bit more realism to the series. Personally, I see no harm in a one-off firefight with human enemies. Not too much though, the emphasis has to remain focused on the horror aspect.
        I'am 100% with you on this one, I've been waiting for this since.. well RE4 I guess. It would be cool to fight the terrorists at first, hoping to prevent the outbreak, but then Boom, and all hell breaks loose, and there are infected and bow's everywere. Sorta like in the very beginning of Cold Fear.
        "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

• The idea of having non-infected human enemies in the game seems like a terrible idea to me. This series is supposed to be about horror, not "just another shooter." By Capcom including human enemies, it's pathetically obvious how much they're trying to draw in the 13-year-old ADHD Call of Duty crowd. This series has been turning to shit since RE5, but parts of it are getting worse.

At least they have Leon's scenario...
          Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
            The idea of having non-infected human enemies in the game seems like a terrible idea to me. This series is supposed to be about horror, not "just another shooter." By Capcom including human enemies, it's pathetically obvious how much they're trying to draw in the 13-year-old ADHD Call of Duty crowd. This series has been turning to shit since RE5, but parts of it are getting worse.

At least they have Leon's scenario...
            +1

Comment

• You can only experience so many 'accidents' or 'testing zones' that have been affected by viruses before it gets stale and repetitive. Even Tall Oaks looks like a re-tread of Raccoon City -- a city that's been infected and is now overrun with zombies. Been there, done that. Introducing human enemies was inevitable. You can cry about it not being 'horror' enough for you, but the whole idea behind Umbrella and the series as a whole is bio-organic weaponry used for military purposes. Terrorism. That's what Chris's segment is about.

People bitched and bitched about wanting zombies, and RE6 is bringing them back, and now people are finding new things to bitch and bitch and BITCH about. I don't envy Capcom, trying to please everybody...because it's impossible.

Comment

• Not at all. For the type of game it is you always should maintain some form of expectation and not deviate too far into another genre'. With the call of duty example you don't expect it to deviate from its basic game play structure just because it's been that way for a while now. Surprises aren't bad, but taking too much away certainly is. We're humans fighting monsters and infected. Let's keep that basic and not tread into the RE movie territory shall we? Or is that really too much to ask?

Comment

• What I'm saying is, why can't we have both?

Comment

• Because if you want to fight human terrorists then save that for a franchise or genre' more fit to do that. This is survival horror. Not a thriller, not an adventure genre. The addition of a new genre takes away time from the existing one.

Now if it's a spin off then be my guest. But a main entry should generally stick to its roots. Otherwise you might as well reboot or make a new series altogether.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rosettastone.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	400847
                    Last edited by Smiley; 01-25-2012, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• It seems like Capcom agrees with me that you CAN have both...and I think that's their whole thought process behind the duality of Leon and Chris's seperate stories.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vector View Post
                        You can only experience so many 'accidents' or 'testing zones' that have been affected by viruses before it gets stale and repetitive. Even Tall Oaks looks like a re-tread of Raccoon City -- a city that's been infected and is now overrun with zombies. Been there, done that. Introducing human enemies was inevitable. You can cry about it not being 'horror' enough for you, but the whole idea behind Umbrella and the series as a whole is bio-organic weaponry used for military purposes. Terrorism. That's what Chris's segment is about.

People bitched and bitched about wanting zombies, and RE6 is bringing them back, and now people are finding new things to bitch and bitch and BITCH about. I don't envy Capcom, trying to please everybody...because it's impossible.
                        Chris was in fact referencing the RE fanbase.
                        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

It seems like Capcom agrees with me that you CAN have both...and I think that's their whole thought process behind the duality of Leon and Chris's seperate stories.
                          Geez you're using Capcom as your basis for defense? That's like trying to prove OJ is innocent and arguing that OJ agrees with you. Pretty meaningless.

Comment

• Not really, I just have a different outlook on this. Instead of crying and bitching about every little thing that happened in the trailer, against all my better judgment I'm waiting for the final product before I say "THIS IS NOT RESIDENT EVIL." Everyone always wants things to be the same for nostalgic reasons or whatever else, and I get it, but I also accept the fact that things change and evolve over time. Nothing is the same as when it started out. Look at any game series. Smiley, look at your sig.

I really don't see the point in getting in a tizzy over the fact that there are human enemies who can do more than throw bottles and hatchets at you. "THIS IS NOT RESIDENT EVIL!" Then tell me what exactly Resident Evil is, to you. Your answer will be completely different than someone else's, and probably different than mine. Resident Evil WAS tank controls and small corridors, now it's a third-person shooter with 'horror elements' (or 'dramatic horror' as they called it in the video...whatever that means) with action set-pieces. It doesn't mean it's NOT Resident Evil. It's just different. Too different for your tastes? That's fine. You don't have to play it, but I think it looks pretty cool so far.
                            Last edited by Vector; 01-25-2012, 06:00 PM.

Comment

• Important to point out that I don't think the crux of the game should be about fighting human terrorists, but I see no harm in having a brief segment where you do. I mean hell, you had Alfred shooting at you in CODE Veronica X.
                              See you in hell.

Comment

Not really, I just have a different outlook on this. Instead of crying and bitching about every little thing that happened in the trailer, against all my better judgment I'm waiting for the final product before I say "THIS IS NOT RESIDENT EVIL." Everyone always wants things to be the same for nostalgic reasons or whatever else, and I get it, but I also accept the fact that things change and evolve over time. Nothing is the same as when it started out. Look at any game series. Smiley, look at your sig.
                                Read what I said.

Comment

Working...
                                X