No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The textures were sacrificed for better lighting and much bigger areas. I definitely wouldn't call them ugly though, they're barely noticeable unless you're sitting staring at them, in which case they will look ugly in almost any game. Hopefully the PC version features better textures though. Hi-res textures + that great lighting would be fantastic.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• I don't see how you can say Jakes was boring, it was very intense, infact Leon's is the most "boring" out of all of them.

Comment

• Jake's portion of the demo is far more enjoyable if you avoid using firearms and focus almost exclusively on his hand-to-hand combat.

At least, that's how it is for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Archelon View Post
          Jake's portion of the demo is far more enjoyable if you avoid using firearms and focus almost exclusively on his hand-to-hand combat.

It's definitely more fun to focus on using melee, but the M60/sniper/RPG enemies are annoying as fuck. I wouldn't mind the gun-wielding enemies if the game didn't try to constantly pigeonhole me into cover when fighting them. This wasn't a problem with the Dragon's Dogma demo, but was a HUGE problem with this recent demo.
          Last edited by LVL100 Merchant; 09-23-2012, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Archelon View Post
            Jake's portion of the demo is far more enjoyable if you avoid using firearms and focus almost exclusively on his hand-to-hand combat.

I've seen this being said before, sounds like playing a vanguard on Mass Effect 3.

Comment

• People who don't like Jake's demo seem to forget that the theme of his entire campaign is "pursuit". You're not meant to stand around and fight in the demo portion. You're meant to get the fuck out of there. That's why the game overloads on Strelats. It's punishing you for fighting instead of running.

Comment

• Yeah that was something I found strange, the ease in which you could just run through it all. Shouldn't they have included a segment with more gameplay? And it was boring. Creeping tension and intrigue are a good thing, running about a warzone fighting waves of enemies is tedious.

I also echo thoughts regarding the weird textures... seriously ugly if you spend any time looking at small details in the scenery like the space under the stairs in the lecture hall or random cardboard boxes scattered around. I would expect the rest of it to look better than this if those were supposed to increase overall visual performance elsewhere.

Comment

• To be fair CAPCOM's performance with the demos so far has been embarrassing. It's almost as though they don't give a fuck. Both demos are outdated by almost half a year by the time they were released to the public, the segments they chose are very poor representations and generally not a lot of optimization done. And the demos in general aren't new, they're show demos shown at E3 and Comic-Con.

Comment

• New German vid showing new areas and Spoiler:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                    Last edited by Vito; 09-24-2012, 08:27 AM.

Comment

• Probably not her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vito View Post
                        New German vid showing new areas and Spoiler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r4Ddzw1T6o
                        Wow that video has a lot of new footage.

Comment

• Whoever that is, she looks like Kate Hudson.
                          sigpic

Comment

• well I want to watch this. But, should I? Should I?

How much does it spoil?
                            "I've got 100 cows."
                            "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

• Just a few new gameplay sections with some new J'avo mutations. No story spoilers. There is a few cutscenes, but they're all in German.
                              Spoiler:

Comment

• Ok ta.
                                "I've got 100 cows."
                                "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Working...
                                X