No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone notice you can still quick turn?

Comment

• Wow, I didn't think I'd ever say this, but I'd rather play RE5 instead of this clusterfuck of a game.

What a piece of shit.

PS:Jill's Boob review--Every level is kill enemies in one section, then go to a door that requires two players to open it. Lather, rinse, repeat, until the end of the level.

. . .

. . .

Psssst. Leon is still a worthless character.
      sigpic

Comment

• There are some really great drugs out nowadays.

Comment

• Actually got to play the demo thanks to the free month of Gold on Xbox Live. This was a LOT better than the DD demo, but not as good as I'd hoped.

Pros:
          -Leon's scenario felt much more intense than the original demo and altogether closer to what I had expected.
          -J'avo and zombies actually put up a challenge now, and the Chrysalid creatures are pretty resilient if you don't use the Elephant Killer.
          -Ammo was much more scarce in Chris and Leon's demos this time around.

Cons:
          -Still not particularly scary, though I did jump once during Leon's scenario.
          -The DudeBro military dialogue during Chris's scenario is annoying as fuck and VERY MUCH Gears/CallofDuty
          -Aiming felt a little stiff (which is funny, because the original demo felt like it was too fluid)
          -Linearity abound

I'm a bit less pessimistic now, but I still don't think it'll be anything remarkable. A good game? Certainly. As great as 1/2/4? Not likely.
          A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

• If you think aiming is too stiff or fluid, adjust aiming speed in the options until it hits your sweet spot. Everyone seems to have their own idea of how slow or fast it should be.

Also; YOU WERE ALMOST A LEON SANDWICH

PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Funny thing is, the stiffness only happened when I played as Chris. I don't know if there's something inherently different about his speed or if enemies firing bullets made him seem slower, but it felt off somehow. Could've been a minor glitch, like the laser sight disappearing when firing machine gun.

Comment

• I'll say this.. the demo is slightly better playing with a real person online, but only slightly. And yes, I found the tripping over bodies thing hilarious. But it's entertaining. More entertaining than the game itself. Also you can trip up your partner like this, especially when jumping off a ladder. i played online with someone earlier and I fell right on top of my partner and nearly knock them down. We were both like 'wth lol?'

I can't exactly put into words why I feel this game doesn't play well. The controls are easy but yet, well, combined with the bland visuals and all the 'little' things that feel 'off' about them.. playing this game/demo makes me kinda think of a poor little baby mammoth stuck and sinking down into a tar pit. It may mean well, it tries hard, but the more it does the more mucky it gets.

I'm not a graphics person. Been playing games since the Atari 2600 lol. But when a game's visuals consist of it looking like someone took a handful of poo and smeared it to form a majority of the colors, that's a problem. There's barely any detail. I can barely see anything. The brightness/contrast/gamma whatever ratio is horrible.

This demo just not not feel right. Something is very inherently wrong here. Come to think of it, this game feels a LOT like the Outbreak games to me, and I borderline hate, Hate, HATE those games. So that doesn't help anything.

I'm not meaning to come off as a complainer. I don't want to bash this. I'm a big fan of the series. Been there since the beginning. I'm disappointed with this. It saddens me. What has happened to the beloved RE series!? This is almost too much.
                Last edited by Deus Flux; 09-18-2012, 11:02 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

• I'm not sure if you guys have found it yet, but you can get an assault shotgun in Chris's demo. After the Orgoman battle, head back to the door that you needed both characters to open before the cutscene (on the archway that the Orgoman partially smashed). Break down the door to find an assault shotgun and a first-aid spray. I did this as Chris, so I'm not sure if Piers finds the same weapon there or not.

I like this little touch, since it's not completely linear. Exploration and backtracking actually do pay off here!
                  Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• I'm holding all judgement until I play the final product, Resident Evil has always been a series were you have to see the full picture to really judge it.

Capcom are doing a good job this time of not spoiling the later parts of each characters campaign.....for now!

Comment

• Originally posted by shanemurphy View Post
                      I'm holding all judgement until I play the final product, Resident Evil has always been a series were you have to see the full picture to really judge it.

Capcom are doing a good job this time of not spoiling the later parts of each characters campaign.....for now!
                      Don't worry. TGS is around the corner and a new (most probably the launch one) trailer with it.
                      Last edited by Dark_Chris; 09-19-2012, 11:00 AM.
                      Spoiler:

Comment

• One moment that I did really like is when Spoiler:
                        It was good staging that I'd like to see more of.

Comment

• Originally posted by valentinesdead? View Post
                          Wow, I didn't think I'd ever say this, but I'd rather play RE5 instead of this clusterfuck of a game.

What a piece of shit.

PS:Jill's Boob review--Every level is kill enemies in one section, then go to a door that requires two players to open it. Lather, rinse, repeat, until the end of the level.

. . .

. . .

Psssst. Leon is still a worthless character.
                          You people do realize this is still just a demo, right?

Oy.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
                            One moment that I did really like is when Spoiler:
                            It was good staging that I'd like to see more of.
                            When I've played it just stays there no matter what, I presume to just fuck with my mind, waiting for it to attack.
                            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                              You people do realize this is still just a demo, right?

Oy.
                              Reminds me of people moaning about the Battlefield 3 Beta too. Capcom's pretty awesome for pushing out their demos this far from release. Not many devs and publishers dare to do that anymore (actually show off material that's still in development)

Comment

• It's not like it makes a difference in this case, anyway.

Jill's Boob is going to hate it regardless for the simple fact that Leon is in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X