No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeing as how every playable character in the game seems to be able to use every weapon (including Jake's unlimited melee), I wonder if Capcom will eventually give us the option to choose our own loadouts, or at least different loadout sets for the existing costumes:
    Spoiler warning! This video shows off most, if not all, costumes in the entire game, including every playable character. If you want them to be kept a surpri...

Odd tid bit of trivia, in Chapter 3 of Jake's scenario Capcom reused some assets from the University in Leon's scenario, the shell structures of some corridors are basically carbon copies with different textures, fittings and connecting rooms. You know the room with the young girl you find in the University with Leon? The corridor that leads to to that room with the planks of wood you have to walk under, play Chapter 3 of Jake and see if you can find it.
    Hah, wait till you realize that the layout of the first Garrador room in RE4 has been sneakily reused in Ada's part of the Catacombs. I was expecting there to be a box of shotgun shells placed sneakily up on the rafters, but there's none.

Seibu teh geimu?
    ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
      ^ Chris has breaks in action though.

He and Piers even have time to chill on the playground like bros.

Once you've seen Chris ride one of those little spring animal rides and Piers slide down a little slide, you've seen it all.
      Just a little tidbit, Ada can use the slide when she reaches that part of her campaign as well.

Comment

• This is weird. I believe Amazon has not sent me the DLC codes for the Mercenaries. I have only played through chapters 2 on each of the 3 scenarios and already played over 8 hours, but why have I not gotten the DLC codes? Is someone else experiencing the same issue? Also, can someone tell me how many Mercenaries stages are available when you've completed the game?

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadArtist View Post
          This is weird. I believe Amazon has not sent me the DLC codes for the Mercenaries. I have only played through chapters 2 on each of the 3 scenarios and already played over 8 hours, but why have I not gotten the DLC codes? Is someone else experiencing the same issue? Also, can someone tell me how many Mercenaries stages are available when you've completed the game?
          With Gamestop (and, I believe, Best Buy), the code was on our receipts with the initial pre-order. Not sure how this could've worked with Amazon, but perhaps it's included in your original email after you pre-ordered the game? Worth checking. After you complete all the campaigns, only three stages are available.

Comment

• Yep, 3 stages on the disc, 3 pre-order stages (not on the disc) and probably many more to come as DLC (still not on the disc, or else, it would have been discovered like those retro costumes).
            Unfortunately, Costumes 2 ( you have to use RE.net to unlock them) have the same load-outs than Costumes 1. I don't know about the Retro ones though, since we can't unlock them yet. At least, officially.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadArtist View Post
              This is weird. I believe Amazon has not sent me the DLC codes for the Mercenaries. I have only played through chapters 2 on each of the 3 scenarios and already played over 8 hours, but why have I not gotten the DLC codes? Is someone else experiencing the same issue? Also, can someone tell me how many Mercenaries stages are available when you've completed the game?
              Check your e-mail, though I saw a thread on Capcom forums of someone saying they did not get the pre-order bonus and when contacted amazon they said he wasn't abe to recieve any becaus eof time he pre-ordered or something.
              Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                Check your e-mail, though I saw a thread on Capcom forums of someone saying they did not get the pre-order bonus and when contacted amazon they said he wasn't abe to recieve any becaus eof time he pre-ordered or something.
                Hmm, yeah, a lot of folks didn't even know the pre-order code was on the receipt for Best Buy/Gamestop orders. Most people just chucked those receipts in the trash after getting their game on the release date, myself included! I had to dig my receipt out of the trash and, luckily, I found it and was able to unlock the stage.

Comment

• I don't understand how people can bitch so much about how horrible this game. The cover system isn't perfect but doesn't suck donkey balls like everyone seems to say it does. How hard is it to go up to cover, press LT to aim then press A to go into cover? Seriously fuck don't be a baby. And then you move the Left Stick to pop up and blast some assholes, easy as pie. The health system is perfect, I wouldn't change a single thing. People complain that you have to go into your item menu mix some herbs, and then you have to get out of the item menu to heal (unlike other games). Seriously this makes things more of a challenge. Like geez you don't even have to do that! You can just do RB+X to do that. And for those complaining about how Resident Evil nowadays isn't true resident evil? Open your eyes. Modern day society wouldn't waste their time with all the crazy backtracking, shit aiming controls, and less ammo like in the old games. Seriously RE6 did things right but didn't execute them as well as they could have. All this is coming from someone who enjoyed playing the old games (to an extent). Capcom recognizes that making Resident Evil "Modern" will sell and that is what they want and what we need to happen if we want to continue playing these games. I agree that Chris and Jake's campaigns were a little too Call of Duty for my liking but it was crazy fun. On a final note, Capcom should have made things less linear and done away with the weapon location icon and the exit icon because we already have "Idiot" mode. As well they should have put the campaign's on separate discs except for Ada's she can stay with Leon. Thing's would have been bigger and better. Mercenaries can be on a separate one as well. Oh yeah almost forgot, and for all you retro resi fans, wouldn't be nice if they released old school RE games (new ones), as a digital download?
                  "Movies don't make psychos, movies make psychos more creative!" Billy Loomis

Comment

• The cover mechanic its self functions fine, it's the AI and stage design that lets the cover mechanic down. This game should really be played two player because the AI isn't smart enough to cover your back. A lot of stages consist of ground based J'avo/B.O.W and elevated snipers, you have two choices, take out the ground enemies or take out the snipers. The problem is in Chris' scenario the enemy AI just seems to run wherever it wants, in front of you, beside you, behind you; when you're trying to cover your self from a broken sniper who will always hit you regardless of where his laser is pointing, the last thing you want is ground enemies sneaking up behind you.

In this respect the game is massively unbalanced, not enough attention was paid to the obstacles on the stage or the placement of the enemies, no matter which way you choose to tackle the situation you will encounter an equally problematic situation, by either enemies sneaking up behind you or unavoidable sniper fire. In a two player game this isn't so bad as you can coordinate with your partner and can execute much more intricate strategies to overcome these situations, however in a one player game you don't have this luxury and the flaws in the games design really show.

Comment

• On a random note, does anyone else have any specific opinions regarding the change in Leon’s and Ada’s voice actors?

I think, for the most part, Matthew Mercer was fine as Leon, and he emulated Paul to a convincing, workable degree. As for Courtenay Taylor as Ada, I have to admit that, while the overall performance was well-done, there were definitely some lines that made me pine for Sally Cahill. Sally always exuded a collected, refined voice for Ada, no matter what the situation of the character, and there were moments where Courtenay made Ada sound extremely whiny.

Spoiler:

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghostface View Post
                        The cover system isn't perfect but doesn't suck donkey balls like everyone seems to say it does. How hard is it to go up to cover, press LT to aim then press A to go into cover?
                        Who gets into cover like that? How awkward. Just roll into it in one easy motion, slide if running to it from distance.
                        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Originally posted by Bianca View Post
                          On a random note, does anyone else have any specific opinions regarding the change in Leon’s and Ada’s voice actors?
                          It was difficult to tell most of the time that Leon even had a different voice actor, which was great. I wasn't a huge fan of Ada's VA in this game, though. Every line was delivered with a kind of annoying sarcasm to it that I just didn't care for. Such a thing wasn't as apparent in past games.
                          Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                            There's nothing worse than that damn snow level. And it is the worse thing ever. You can't see shit and the map barely helps. And the part where you slide down if you try to evade gunfire... fuck that shit.

The China part plays out like a Jackie Chan movie. Lots of ridikulas stuff happening all the time. I liked the puzzles though.
                            I think that for once in a video game the snow level was made more or less realistic. At least the visibility part. You're supposed to not be able to see shit during the blizzard. That's the challenge.
                            As for the ice sliding mountain.. yeah lots of fun there, especially when you almost make it to the top.

And I don't even recall any puzzles in China level. All that remember is - pink water in a pool, a tank busting through the door and... lots of Jakie Chan kung fu shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                              Thanks! I wrote Amazon and they apologized and sent me the codes via email. I still think it's a bit weird. I just wrote Amazon again, because I remembered that I also pre-ordered Operation Raccoon City, but I never got those codes either.

I pre-ordered from Germany so I got 2 Mercenaries Maps and to be very honest, I believe that 3 maps are not enough, so I'm glad to have the pre-order codes, but is there a possibility of getting the other map via paying for the DLC?

Comment

• I believe the pre-order maps are timed exclusives. No way in hell Capcom is making them retailer-exclusives forever, considering how some other regions got all three DLC map packs for free.
                                Seibu teh geimu?
                                ---

Comment

Working...
                                X