No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The problem is not the co-op (we've come to expect that), but the fact that they're removing one of the few incentives or re-playability the game has by having that campaign unlocked from the start.

With every RE game that I've played, I always like to erase all my files and start from scratch. And knowing that I need to unlock everything once again. I love that challenge. Its a motivation to beat the whole thing once again. It's hard to do that if the good stuff is unlocked from the start. Why bother?

But I get it... its like when they added EASY mode for the Wii edition of RE4. Thanks to the precise pointer controls, the game was already easy. But Kawata wanted to drag more people into buying it. I guess it worked since that port sold a lot.
    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
    sigpic

Comment

• The move to unlock Ada's campaign is just another showcase of what's wrong with the consumerbase for video games these days.

The whole "EVERYTHING SHOULD BE AVAILABLE RIGHT AWAY! I PAID FOR THIS AND SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO WHAT I WANT! I CAN ALWAYS SKIP PAGES IN A BOOK I'VE BOUGHT. WAH WAH WAH" thing.

It's sad to see them unlock it like that (Heck, they should've made a micro transaction for it instead. Take a cue from Namco and EA.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
        The move to unlock Ada's campaign is just another showcase of what's wrong with the consumerbase for video games these days.

The whole "EVERYTHING SHOULD BE AVAILABLE RIGHT AWAY! I PAID FOR THIS AND SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO WHAT I WANT! I CAN ALWAYS SKIP PAGES IN A BOOK I'VE BOUGHT. WAH WAH WAH" thing.

It's sad to see them unlock it like that (Heck, they should've made a micro transaction for it instead. Take a cue from Namco and EA.)
        i know and agree. but, in RE6, are the harder difficulties available from the begin?

Comment

Hello Tekken Tag 2, Soul Calibur 5, Street Fighter x Tekken and Super Street Fighter IV.
          I don't understand this trend of making nothing unlockable and stuff that SHOULD be unlockable is now DLC.
          It's pissing me off, theres no sense of achievement anymore for unlocking stuff. The Ada campaign was perfect and unlocking it made sense and had some achievement, now it's just going to be another of the advertised 4 campaigns. God help those that jump into Ada's campaign straight away because they like her character. ugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by yurieu View Post
            i know and agree. but, in RE6, are the harder difficulties available from the begin?
            Professional is, yes. But the "No Hope" difficulty had to be unlocked (Difficulties annoy me when they have to be unlocked, unless they are done in a similar fashion to Perfect Dark/Goldeneye or they somehow significantly alter the way the game is played)

Comment

Yeah. The co-op for Ada's campaign is fully optional. The game also has fully optional co-op for the entire main campaign too (100 in-game monies to unlock the "lone wolf" skill that entirely eliminates your co-op partner during gameplay segments - for perspective, most enemies that drops in-game EXP currency gives you much more than 100 :p).
              This is misleading. No, the main campaign does not have fully optional co-op. Even with Lone Wolf equipped, you'll still have an AI partner on-screen that you have to interact with in order to complete objectives, and they even attack enemies. They just don't revive you if you get knocked into a dying state when you have Lone Wolf equipped.
              Last edited by Kaine; 10-24-2012, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• I said it in the news thread, but it bears repeating:

Only Resident Evil fans would complain about something that is both free and optional.

Imagine if Capcom charged for it. Seriously.
                Last edited by Archelon; 10-25-2012, 07:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                  Only Resident Evil fans would complain about something that is both free and optional.
                  Not even close...

Spoiler:
                  sigpic

Comment

• I don't think that just because something is free you can't say it's bad if you have good arguments to back it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexdz View Post
                      I don't think that just because something is free you can't say it's bad if you have good arguments to back it up.
                      Now If only people complaining about Ada DLC had them...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                        Not even close...

Spoiler:
                        That was completely justified.
                        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I don't think that just because something is free you can't say it's bad if you have good arguments to back it up.
                          Yeah... and so far the arguments have been pretty much lacking or the complete opposite of what I'd define as a "good/solid" argument

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                            That was completely justified.
                            Who cares. That wasn't the point.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah... and so far the arguments have been pretty much lacking or the complete opposite of what I'd define as a "good/solid" argument
                              I think talking about Capcom shoehorning a co-op for an originally solo campaign is valid criticism. Now Ada will talk to herself while someone is right by her side, not saying a single word, it'll be stupid as hell.

Comment

I think talking about Capcom shoehorning a co-op for an originally solo campaign is valid criticism. Now Ada will talk to herself while someone is right by her side, not saying a single word, it'll be stupid as hell.
                                And Ada originally talking to herself alone wasn't stupid? At least there will be someone there who's listening to what she's saying, even if he doesn't reply. Also again, it's optional. Don't need to have a guy there if you don't want to.

Comment

Working...
                                X