No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else sickened by the textures in this game? Fucking so obvious Capcom rushed this
    PSN Gamercards

Comment

• Originally posted by BeefWellington View Post
      Anyone else sickened by the textures in this game? Fucking so obvious Capcom rushed this
      Yeah, they are pretty bad, but otherwise the graphics were okay. Well, some of the NPCs did look like they came from a PS2 game.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeefWellington View Post
        Anyone else sickened by the textures in this game? Fucking so obvious Capcom rushed this
        Bigger areas require sacrifices in some areas.
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaine View Post
          Yeah, they are pretty bad, but otherwise the graphics were okay. Well, some of the NPCs did look like they came from a PS2 game.
          Ha. Perfectly described. I felt the same way. I can easily get over "bad" textures, but the NPC deigns and movements were often cringe-worthy.

Comment

• Would imagine the PC version is going to include the higher quality textures.
            http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
            http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
            Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
              What the plagas did to their hosts was definitely more realistic than any of the viruses' effects in the series. I personally found the organism to be fascinating, although I think it overstayed its welcome by appearing in RE5 (it fit the vibe of RE4 a lot more).
              Not really, Saddler managed to keep four legs bigger than a human inside his torso, not to mention that eye of his. But the worst offender of "shit out of thin air" still is Simmons, the meat Transformer.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexdz View Post
                Not really, Saddler managed to keep four legs bigger than a human inside his torso, not to mention that eye of his.
                I was referring to what the "vanilla" plagas did to their cannon fodder Ganado/Majini hosts, not the dominant species plagas (as News Bot said), which is what I'm assuming Saddler possessed. Because yes - that was ridiculous. The same can be said of most of the plaga-related bosses in RE4 and 5 (Mendez, Salazar, Irving).
                Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                  Bigger areas require sacrifices in some areas.
                  RE6 is full of sacrifices alright.

And not all devs are as lazy either.
                  Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                    I think that people fear change, they cradle nostalgia in their arms and can't let go. Games must evolve, it's the nature of the industry.
                    There's a difference between evolution and discarding everything that makes certain type of franchise special.

An real evolution of RE would be to improve new ways to scare the player, better game design etc. RE4 was not evolution, because it simply discarded everything that made RE special.

For next Silent Hill or Amnesia, I hope there will be laser rooms and kickass takedown's, because that's what evolution is, right? Making everything unique into black blob of Gears of War/COD rip-off's.
                    Last edited by fishboil; 11-06-2012, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                      RE6 is full of sacrifices alright.

And not all devs are as lazy either.
                      Yeah, three and a half years sure is lazy.
                      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I'm starting to dislike this trend where we agree on stuff. Right about now, this is when I'd normally rage and ban you over some trivial thing that'd prevent me from getting some sleep.

Like, seriously, calling Resident Evil 6 "lazy" (or Capcom for that matter) is just ignorant. I'd like to see a full breakdown of those people's catalogs and favorite games + justifications of how those games aren't somehow suffering from or violating the same things as the Capcom and/or Resident Evil 6.

Originally posted by fishboil
                        Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                        I think that people fear change, they cradle nostalgia in their arms and can't let go. Games must evolve, it's the nature of the industry.
                        There's a difference between evolution and discarding everything that makes certain type of franchise special.
                        What exactly did RE4 discard?
                        Hearing people complain about the more "action oriented" gameplay of RE4, while at the same time see the same people moan about how 1.5's supposed action oriented gameplay looked awesome makes me want to nuke the RE community from orbit.

An real evolution of RE would be to improve new ways to scare the player, better game design etc. RE4 was not evolution, because it simply discarded everything that made RE special.
                        Chainsaw ganado and regenerators says hello. If those things didn't terrify you on their first encounter on a similar level to (or more than) pretty much anything the RE franchise had thrown at you before, you're either full of shit, late to the party or playing on "please don't kill me/where are my cheat codes" difficulty.

For next Silent Hill or Amnesia, I hope there will be laser rooms and kickass takedown's, because that's what evolution is, right? Making everything unique into black blob of Gears of War/COD rip-off's.
                        RE1 had you encountering giant rocks, falling trap ceilings and receiving air dropped rocket launchers from helicopters, with multi-angle death shots. All stuff out of early 80s hollywood flicks ... in a video game from the mid-90s. Why isn't RE1 on trial for being uninspiring, unoriginal, "generic" and late-to-the-party?

As for Gears of War/CoD rip-offs ... well, I'm at least glad Capcom didn't hasn't done that with their third person action games yet. Fortunately, Capcom's been good enough to actually experiment a bit with their gameplay stuff and try to be a trend setter, rather than just copying others. Playing Resident Evil 6 like GoW/CoD is like driving stick and not shifting.

Comment

• One of the main reasons on why the new RE titles today are crappy as hell is because they are hugely influenced from the resident evil movies, just think about it pure action with Superficial thin plot (All RE movies), one dimensional undeveloped characters (All RE movies), c-virus clones (Alice clones), slow-motion bullets matrix bullshit (afterlife), Jake with his superhuman powers saving the world bullshit (Alice), bad-ass agent heroine who kicks the shit out of his enemies effortlessly making them helpless and a laughable jokes (Alice), an open end to make an excuse for another crappy sequel (RE movies) and the list goes on !
                          Also don't forget capcom's attitude to conquer the dominant shooter market profit which is already filled with dozens of action shooters and don't forget Paul Anderson cinematic abomination toward Resident Evil universe which made me wonder up until now why didn't anyone tried to put the bastard into his eternal sleep ? I'm afraid that this series is dead and buried with no hope left for survival !
                          Last edited by Guest; 11-07-2012, 02:19 AM.

Comment

• RE1 had you encountering giant rocks, falling trap ceilings and receiving air dropped rocket launchers from helicopters, with multi-angle death shots. All stuff out of early 80s hollywood flicks ... in a video game from the mid-90s. Why isn't RE1 on trial for being uninspiring, unoriginal, "generic" and late-to-the-party?
                            Most of the stuff you mentioned is limited to cutscenes, but RE4 had fucking sandworms, trolls straight from Lord of The Rings set, chests of gold etc. stupidity.

RE 1-3 felt like an interactive B-Movies. So some of the things you mentioned, gave some charm to the first games. And at least earlier RE genericness was consistent.

Hearing people complain about the more "action oriented" gameplay of RE4, while at the same time see the same people moan about how 1.5's supposed action oriented gameplay looked awesome makes me want to nuke the RE community from orbit.
                            If you didn't notice, that game was not released. And don't start with ''what if's.''
                            Last edited by fishboil; 11-07-2012, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fishboil View Post
                              RE 1-3 felt like an interactive B-Movies.
                              It's no doubt that 4 definitely had the most mind-bogglingly out-of-place elements in the series. The first few games were cheesy, but to me their cheese came more from the quality of the voice acting and the fact that technology limitations made the scripts seem less serious. Honestly, if 2 was redone today, its story would contain a lot more quality and make far more sense than the outlandish plots of 4, 5, Revelations, and 6. But it would have to be handled correctly (as in keeping the scriptwriters from the last few games the hell away from it).
                              Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Sure is... TOO HUMAN (the definition of rushed and unpolished - Silicon Knight's m.o. of being uber-lazy finally caught up with them with X-men Destiny).

Like, seriously, calling Resident Evil 6 "lazy" (or Capcom for that matter) is just ignorant.
                                I said devs.

And having such a big team (600) delivering such an unpolished game and trying to sell it as a AAA product (and then complaining that the response has been underwhelming) sure fits my definition of lazy.

Deal.

EDIT: I think Capcom (the dev I was talking about) needs to learn something about this experience. Beyond just feeling sad because they didn't exactly get those mythical CoD numbers.

I really want to see what their next move will be with this series. They already said that if the game had a great reception, things would continue on the same path (but with more explosions, action and the like). But if the reception was not that great, then it would be reboot time.
                                Last edited by Pikminister; 11-07-2012, 01:29 PM.
                                Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X