No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^ Totally agree, if I'm not sliding into boxes, enemies and quick shot-melee'ing I'm not having the best time.
    http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
    http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
    Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
      Know that awesome camera sweep scene in The Avengers? The one where everyone's pretty much kicking major ass? That's how you play Resident Evil 6.
      I'd laugh, but you cant compare RE6 to the Avengers.

Comment

• I just did.

Comment

Cover is only for catching your breath and getting a quick overview of the situation again before the stamina bar starts recharging itself and you storm right back into the fray again; kickin' ass and taking names!
          Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
          ^^ Totally agree, if I'm not sliding into boxes, enemies and quick shot-melee'ing I'm not having the best time.
          F Yeah

RE 6 has ruined TPS for me. Now I want every TPS to have sliding, rolling, a melee system and counter attacks.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by aris13 View Post
            F Yeah

Now I want every TPS to have sliding, rolling, a melee system and counter attacks.
            is this good or bad in ur opinion?

Comment

• Originally posted by yurieu View Post
              is this good or bad in ur opinion?
              Good of course. RE6 doesn't play like your typical third person shooter.
              sigpic

Comment

• is this good or bad in ur opinion?
                Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                Good of course.
                RE6 doesn't play like your typical third person shooter.
                typical third person shooter.
                shooter.

Like I said, CliffyB is a perfect fit and makes perfect sense that he gravitates to the series.
                Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                  Like I said, CliffyB is a perfect fit and makes perfect sense that he gravitates to the series.
                  No. Despite the hyperbole people like to throw around, the series still has heavy emphasis on horror and is not an outright shooter, although it does have many action elements. Gears of War and Unreal are unadulterated, pure shooters.

Give CliffyB an Operation Raccoon City type game and see how he handles one of those, but he needs to stay out of the main series until he's actually proven he can contribute anything worth dick.
                  PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                    No. Despite the hyperbole people like to throw around, the series still has heavy emphasis on horror and is not an outright shooter, although it does have many action elements.
                    It used to have a heavy emphasis of horror, its emphasis on horror isnt that strong anymore and its on its way to becoming an outright shooter with some horror elements.
                    Last edited by Wrathborne; 10-29-2012, 11:36 PM.

Comment

• Nostalgia goggles off.

Seriously. The "horror" of the older RE games is a joke narrowed down to technical limitations and a couple of monster closets.

I dare claim that the first Chainsaw Ganado in RE4 and ... Mayday...mayday...mayday... from Revelations were far more terrifying than pretty much anything the RE series of days of yonder ever provided.

Comment

Nostalgia goggles off.

Seriously. The "horror" of the older RE games is a joke narrowed down to technical limitations and a couple of monster closets.

I dare claim that the first Chainsaw Ganado in RE4 and ... Mayday...mayday...mayday... from Revelations were far more terrifying than pretty much anything the RE series of days of yonder ever provided.
                        Still, in previous games the focus during the whole game was on horror and building tension, not on providing action. In contrary, RE6 is a shooter with some horror elements in it. Whether the actual games are more terrifying or not is pointless since what matters is the direction of these games.

Oh, and you take Revelations as an exemple, but this game is not like RE4, RE5 and RE6.
                        Last edited by Grem; 10-30-2012, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Nostalgia goggles off.

...but...like...a dog jumps through a window....
                          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                            It used to have a heavy emphasis of horror, its emphasis on horror isnt that strong anymore and its on its way to becoming an outright shooter with some horror elements.
                            No, its emphasis is just as strong. The differences now are superficial, and as Carn said, back then the "horror" was mainly produced through technical limitations. Fear also fades with age, and to be honest, if they simply replicated the horror style of the old games, it wouldn't work. That's why they have tried to move on to new shit. That's why Zombies were replaced with crazy parasite infested bastards that were replaced with intelligent bastards with amazing body horror aspects. That's not saying BH6 doesn't have some very, very bad parts, but overall it has quite a bit of horror if you look past the style of gameplay. Action doesn't automatically negate horror, and can sometimes add to it. BH3 is a great example, as it has an excellent mix of both and is balanced relatively well.

Originally posted by Grem View Post
                            Oh, and you take Revelations as an exemple, but this game is not like RE4, RE5 and RE6.
                            It is BH4 with very minor changes. The addition of moving while aiming and the subtraction of melee being the key differences.
                            Last edited by News Bot; 10-30-2012, 10:36 AM.
                            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                              ...but...like...a dog jumps through a window....
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	149743.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	401863

Comment

• Going off of what NewsBot said: I've argued for years (since RE4 to be exact), that mainly the horror elements are fading because we're growing older. I can't speak for everyone, but not even the real "scary" games out now, like Dead Space and Slender, scare me much. Maybe they make me a bit uneasy here and there, but so does RE6... so.

Somewhere in that rambling stream of consciousness was an attempt to state that if my ten year old self played RE6 as his first RE he'd still find it scary... maybe not quite as "tense" or "atmospheric" as I felt when playing the older games the first time, but it's a creepy game in parts and still feels like RE to me. I just don't see the gap some people are yelling about between action and horror. I feel RE4 and 6 mixed these styles very well. RE5, on the other hand, had zero scares or atmosphere outside of "Lost in Nightmares."

You know, I was saying to a friend the other day that this is the exact reason I'm flabbergasted by the negative reviews for RE6. The shit they mostly complained about have been in the series for 7 years, since RE4, and were WORSE in RE5; yet RE6 is the game that gets shit on? RE6 has more puzzles/scares/atmosphere than RE5, more creative and varied enemies than 4 and 5, better controls, the return of zombies, Leon and Chris in the same game, and Sherry is finally back... you couldn't get more fan-service than that; and yet so many people shit on the game. I'm at a loss.

Comment

Working...
                                X