No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you're thinking of getting an 360 for exclusives do not bother, most of the 'quality' titles are outdated by newer entires in the series several times over.

Like Halo series, generally thought of to be a high quality and great series, but the games are Halo 3, ODST, Reach, Anniversary, soon Halo 4. As a new buyer you'll honestly only ever want to buy one these (assuming you like Halo) which would be the upcoming Halo 4, maybe rent the others for story with a once through the campaign but nothing else. So while it may have 5 high profile exclusives to a new buyer it is only as good as one.

The 360 does this a lot with its big names, Gears of War 1, 2 and 3 are another example where the early games are only worth renting now for a once through for story then perhaps buying the third to play competitively online since that is where the community moved to. Forza series the same with the older games being redundant, Fable is perhaps different enough beteen games but still not that diverse. No real point in owning L4D1 and 2, L4D2 is enough, that series not even worth renting the previous for story. Are a few stand alone exceptions like Alan Wake but few and far between.

PS3 obviously does this also, Resistance 1, 2 and 3, Uncharted 1, 2 and 3, Motorstorm 1, 2 and 3 etc but generally the PS3 I find has a much bigger variety in game types in addition to these, and they are mostly all high quality while this is where the 360s exclusives aren't so hot, Infamous 1 and 2 are far better games than Crackdown 1 and 2, LBP far better than Banjo Kazooie, Valkyria Chronicles far better than Infinite Undiscovery.

Though perhaps early access to the Resident Evil 6 demo is worth to you the cost of the extra console and ~ 5 exclusive games that are worth owning still. Plus with the 360 having such a weak line up of exclusives this year you just know they gonna moneyhat something exclusive with RE6.
    Last edited by Dracarys; 04-03-2012, 11:25 PM.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Thanks for the input guys.

Wrathborne: apart for not owning a capable PC to run the games, I just don't like the mouse for playing games. It's always been uncomfortable to me.

Dracarys: although you make a great point, the collector in me requires to get both games =P, I also don't care for Halo or Gears of War. I'll just get both L4D's, RE5, RE6 and maybe both DR games. Guess I'll consult it with the pillow hehe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
        No real point in owning L4D1 and 2, L4D2 is enough, that series not even worth renting the previous for story. Are a few stand alone exceptions like Alan Wake but few and far between.
        You don't like L4d1...but do like Alan Wake?...Dracarys...yer tempting me to debate the hell out of you with these two comments.

Comment

• I like L4D1, but with L4D2 out there is not much reason for owning the first game. L4D2 is an improved game and unlike some other series story is not a strength of the L4D games.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	challenge-accepted.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	400972

expect a PM of epic proportions from me...not today, not tomorrow...but soon.

Comment

• *Ahem* I believe you both are forgetting the best 360 exclusive: Deadly Premonition
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by PracticalAl View Post
                *Ahem* I believe you both are forgetting the best 360 exclusive: Deadly Premonition
                Except it was only 360 exclusive in America....and will be rereleased later this year for PS3 with updates.
                sigpic
                Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bertha View Post
                  Except it was only 360 exclusive in America....and will be rereleased later this year for PS3 with updates.
                  It was also a 360 exclusive in PAL regions.
                  See you in hell.

Comment

• What is this Deadly Premonition ? horror game ?

Comment

• Originally posted by rehunk88 View Post
                      What is this Deadly Premonition ? horror game ?
                      Yes, an excellent one that you would likely hate. It looks relatively poor, and has a number of issues, but it is a great game and a pleasure to play.

Comment

• Known as Red Seeds Profile in Japan. I actually have an imported copy for the PS3.
                        See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                          Yes, an excellent one that you would likely hate. It looks relatively poor, and has a number of issues, but it is a great game and a pleasure to play.
                          Well i did see some gameplay of it on youtube it does seem kinda sick ( just my kind of game) so i might get it for ps3 later on.

Comment

• Originally posted by rehunk88 View Post
                            Well i did see some gameplay of it on youtube it does seem kinda sick ( just my kind of game) so i might get it for ps3 later on.
                            It's awesome. Plus it has a fantastic (and catchy) soundtrack.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• http://www.tumblr.com/blog/firefish2012

Comment

• Originally posted by LeechCharmer View Post
                                Asks to login.

Comment

Working...
                                X