No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love that the release date in october 2 now !!! and that trailer was just pure awesomness !im speechless ! damn it i want this game so bad !

Comment

• Originally posted by rehunk88 View Post
      I love that the release date in october 2 now !!! and that trailer was just pure awesomness !im speechless ! damn it i want this game so bad !
      According to crystal-ball gazer, Michael Pachter, they moved the date due to "competitive reasons".

CVG: So is Capcom feeling nervous about the current perception of the Resident Evil brand, particularly in light of the critical kicking dished out to last month's Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City? Pachter doesn't think so:

"I don't think Metascores for Raccoon City have much to do with it," he said, "but I think the timing of holiday titles impacts their overall sales, and it's smart to be in front of competitive games."
      Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
      sigpic

Comment

• I was wondering if the negative reviews and slumping sales for ORC had made them rethink the 'all action, all the time!' policy, which was why they aren't showing any gameplay footage.

But not if they've only got six months to get this out the door. As I understand it, they'll have to wrap it up in four or so months to give time for it to be printed and shipped (so the time to make day 1 DLC packs).

Comment

• Originally posted by Alkar View Post
          The game isn't out.
          Going to be very soon supposedly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
            I was wondering if the negative reviews and slumping sales for ORC had made them rethink the 'all action, all the time!' policy, which was why they aren't showing any gameplay footage.
            Hmm... Imagine if RE6 doesn't sell as much as RE5 did.... what then?

More action?

Actually going back to Survival-Horror?

Or... R.I.P. RE and it becomes another Megaman-like franchise.
            sigpic

Comment

• EUROGAMER RE6 PREVIEW:

Includes comments from Kobayashi & the director of the game. Explains why Chris was added to RE6 (Leon was originally the lead character in this).

Wesker jr.s name is Jake Muller. Each character has a partner. So co-op confirmed.

SOURCE: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-10-resident-evil-6-preview-true-horror-returns

Another preview at IGN:

With six lead characters, and three distinct storylines that can be played independently yet weave together, Capcom has clearly signaled it intends to keep that part of the equation alive. While Leon and Helena are dealing with the crisis in Tall Oaks, Chris Redfield and his BSAA partner Piers Nivens will be confronting an outbreak in China alongside a brief that takes place six months earlier. In that flashback, Redfield's BSAA unit appears to be decimated by none other than Ada Wong. This tragedy changes Chris's outlook on life, leading to what Capcom describes as a different take on the character – one we are "not accustomed to" according to Capcom producers
              Includes more details on Jake Mueller and Sherry Birkin.

SOURCE: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1222653p1.html
              Last edited by Pikminister; 04-10-2012, 10:29 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

• Split-screen and online co-op confirmed, Mercenaries Mode available from the start:

Comment

• Nice !! im happy for the coop !! now i just want gameplay video !! then everything is perfect !

Comment

• Famitsu Preview:

Source: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201204/11012915.html
                    sigpic

Comment

• Picture of new inventory !!

Click image for larger version

Name:	resident-evil-6-20120409095628345.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	401026

Comment

• CVG explains some RE6 details:

Jack Mueller & Sherry Birkin's campaign: "the duo are pretty much unkillable, their portion of the action is focused on close-quarters melee combat. Capcom has promised to show more of that at E3"

Chris Redfield & Piers Nivens campaign: "Chris Redfield's campaign is closer to Resident Evil 5's all-action shootouts, except this time he's swapping the streets of Africa for the fictional city of Lanshiang, which has suffered the full force of a C-Virus attack and now houses a population of mutated civilians. "Chris' campaign is an action-based thing," producer Eiichiro Sasaki explained to CVG."

Leon & Helena's campaign : "Leon's campaign sounds most promising for fans of the original survivor horror instalments, taking place at the Tall Oaks university campus where a bio-terror attack has mutated the student population and zombified the President of the United States, which leaves floppy-haired Leon with no choice but to put a bullet between the Commander in Chief's eyes."

SOURCE: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/343272/resident-evil-6-details-reveal-three-campaigns-new-characters/
                        sigpic

Comment

• Gamespot posted some images:

SOURCE: http://www.gamespot.com/resident-evil-6/images/
                          sigpic

Comment

• In Resident Evil 6, Even The Zombies Have Guns

Based on our brief look, it seems Leon's story is the one old-school RE fans will want to tackle first. That's not to say it'll have them scrounging for ammo and saving games with typewriter ribbons, but it definitely seems to favor delivering bumps in the night over bullets in brains. Presumably, Chris' and Jake's campaigns, which begin in China and Eastern Europe, respectively, will provide more trigger-pulling thrills in the vein of RE5. What we're especially curious to see, though, is how the gameplay and narratives evolve once all the characters cross paths in China, where the bulk of all three stories unfold. Hopefully we'll be infected with some revealing hands-on time before the RE6's October release.
                            SOURCE: http://kotaku.com/5900649/in-resident-evil-6-even-the-zombies-have-guns
                            sigpic

Comment

• Too.....much.....information.....
                              sigpic

Comment

• Resident Evil 6 Is Three Times Longer Than Resi 5

Resident Evil 6 could well be one of the the longest games of 2012 according to Game Director Eiichiro Sasaki, who confirmed to NowGamer at last week's Captivate event that the game's three campaigns would last 'around 30 hours'.

"The three characters each have their own story and you can choose whichever one you want and play that story, experience that character’s story," Sasaki told us.

"In terms of length, each character’s story is a little bit less than RE5 but when you combine them together you’re getting something that is much longer.
                                SOURCE: http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1316891/resident_evil_6_is_three_times_longer_than_resi_5. html
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X