Too Much Too Soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Much Too Soon?

Does anybody else think that Capcom is giving away too much of the game way too soon and that it may damage sales numbers? With other titles there were always short teasers way before the release of the game that generated a lot of buzz and got people talking for months and months. Resident Evil 5 had a really impressive advertising campaign as well but I don't see anything like that for 6.

I can't help but feel the new trailer for RE6 was rushed. Here we were sitting and speculating and waiting for any hint of 6, expecting that when we heard anything it was going to be a long wait, and all of a sudden we are bombarded with this 3 and a half minute trailer and a release date for NOVEMBER? Really? I don't think they are going about advertising this game very well and it will hurt sales initially. As far as selling this game to us and new players by generating buzz ala RE5, they aren't doing a very good job.
    Last edited by LeechCharmer; 01-21-2012, 02:17 PM.

Exact opposit! It is better to reveal game 8-9 months before it's release than announced game 4-5 years before release. Every game company doing this right know and I'm glad.
    Spoiler:

Comment

On the contrary - I think the trailer has shown the masses exactly what they want - I've got friends who cared nothing for Resident Evil 5 - but love the look of this, and that's mainly down to the zombies.
      http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
      http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
      Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Nah it was perfect we dident expect it at all finally we got offical announcment
        they worked on it for 2 years maby more.. it was time to show us.

Comment

If this wasn't the launch trailer? Would have been better. The timing is fine, but with no previous trailers to build on, it was kind of a overload of information.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
            If this wasn't the launch trailer? Would have been better. The timing is fine, but with no previous trailers to build on, it was kind of a overload of information.
            Exactly. I wasn't expecting the whole in your face 'HERE IT IS' kinda thing from Capcom on top of 'AND YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO WAIT LONG!'
            I just hope they have been working on it for some time so the quality doesn't suffer.

Comment

Originally posted by LeechCharmer View Post
              Exactly. I wasn't expecting the whole in your face 'HERE IT IS' kinda thing from Capcom on top of 'AND YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO WAIT LONG!'
              I just hope they have been working on it for some time so the quality doesn't suffer.
              Two years, 600 people.
              Spoiler:

Comment

It'll have been in planning since before RE5 was even done, I'd bet, although given Mercs and Revelations I wouldn't be shocked if it was a looong process to get it into development. Still, RE basically keeps Capcom afloat, so it was in the works as soon as RE5 was done.

Comment

And it also explained why there are missing zombies in the Revelations from first trailer. They move it into RE6.
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Too much? Probably. Too soon? I disagree, I think Capcom got a lot of people talking and excited about this game, even those skeptical about the new entry on the main series. I think it's better to show the game when it's farther on development so gamers can have a better grasp at what it is about, instead of it changing every trailer or so.

Comment

Less time that they can second guess themselves and have a psudo-RE1.5/2-3.5/4-5 moment and rework good things out of the game.
                      Last edited by wesker566; 01-21-2012, 02:57 PM.

Comment

I agree Leechcharmer. This trailer seems to have completely overshadowed Revelations impending release. Personally I'd have been happy with an official announcement and a small teaser, then released the full trailer sometime next month.
                        "I've got 100 cows."
                        "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

I'm still of the mind that this game will get delayed. I'd like to be proven wrong by them for a change, but it seems like they don't have enough development time given their track record of how they've made the last main games in the series. A speculated eight years to reboot the series, and RE6 takes two years to develop with RE4/RE5 as its basis. FML.

Comment

The last 2 games in the series suffered from troubled development. For once it seems that everything is going smoothly.
                            sigpic

Comment

Or that they're re-using what they have from the last two games. How do you make an estimate of taking eight years to develop and already have a full product in two? Because I can tell you nothing about the trailer is innovative unlike RE4 where actual time and effort was spent making a one of a kind game at that period. It went through development hell, but that development pulled to bring something that wasn't simply a rehash.

I played the Revelations demo and if that's any indication I saw re-used material pulled straight out of RE5. I can't expect RE6 to achieve in anything except more mind-numbing action that other games have already mastered.

You want RE6? Based on the trailer all you have to do is play RE4, then play RE5, then watch a Resident Evil movie and pretend Alice is a guy and that you're playing as that character.
                              Last edited by Smiley; 01-22-2012, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X