No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 1.5 Any News Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, I love zombies. It's Capcom who doesn't. Even the new RE6 zombies are reskinned ganados instead. Apparently, zombies belong only in Dead Rising.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
      Oh, I love zombies. It's Capcom who doesn't. Even the new RE6 zombies are reskinned ganados instead. Apparently, zombies belong only in Dead Rising.
      That's what happens when you fire almost all the crew that worked on the oldies.
      I'm pretty sure Shinji Mikami would make at least spin-offs with zombies.

Comment

Originally posted by alinhoalisson View Post
        That's what happens when you fire almost all the crew that worked on the oldies.
        I'm pretty sure Shinji Mikami would make at least spin-offs with zombies.
        So do Capcom, the two Chronicles games, ORC.

In fact since RE4 we've had Outbreak 2 (in west), the two chronicles, RE5, Mercs 3D, Revelations and ORC. So over half the RE games released since RE4 feature zombies.
        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

With the current gameplay style, regular t-Virus Zombies would simply not be very challenging unless you made a Dead Rising clone. That's why they've improved them for BH6 (and also due to story-related reasons).
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

But all the spin-offs after RE4 had zombies.....

EDIT: RE5 did not had zombies.
            Last edited by Vito; 02-27-2012, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vito View Post
              But all the spin-offs after RE4 had zombies.....
              Outbreak File 2 is technically before BH4 since it was just meant to be "Outbreak". The Chronicles games are on-rails shooters, not the same gameplay style as BH4 and beyond.

Operation Raccoon City is more like Dead Rising in terms of the amount of Zombies and how little a threat they pose, and it's still not the same gameplay style as BH4, BH5 and REV.
              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

He just said spin-off, didn't said what type of game play. But yeah i agree.

Comment

Yeah, I should have been more specific.
                  But if you listen to the rest of the conversation, you will notice that I was talking about the old gameplay and theme, as Darkmoon said they would transform into complete shooters.

Outbreak 2: OK
                  TUC and ORC: FPS with no movement.
                  RE5: I didn't knew it was a spin-off, still, it has no zombies
                  Merc 3D: Shooters
                  ORC: The main objective of the game is to kill non-infected people. It's more like a war theme.

Comment

Leon, of course, will have a grizzled beard and be able to kill demons (zombies are so last decade) by firing raw testosterone from his nipples.
                    Ha, wait..that sounds familiar....too familiar.Like the super powers of an admin on this very forum.

Comment

What can I say? Seeing Carn topless is a terrifying ordeal.

It is also noticeable that any game featuring zombies in RE recently has also been set in the past. If you set a game in a time period full of zombies...

Comment

It is also noticeable that any game featuring zombies in RE recently has also been set in the past. If you set a game in a time period full of zombies...
                        I think you'll find most zombie games were in the past, to break it down.

RE1 - Future
                        RE2 - Present
                        RE3 - Past
                        RE Survivor - Past
                        RECV - Past
                        Outbreak 1/2 - Past
                        RE0 - Past
                        REmake -Past

Etc.
                        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Working...
                        X