Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the RE series goes completely out of control...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mikami was a guiding source of the series, he didnt always get his way on things,if I recall he wanted RE2 to be the series end(when it was still 1.5).

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
      I don't think people believed he had everything planned from the start.
      Trust me some do, especially in one Spanish RE forum i visit. News Bot can attest to this.
      Last edited by Vito; 03-04-2012, 09:56 PM.

Comment

I would never loose interest in the series UNLESS they introduced Alice and turned it into a hack n slash Devil May Cry style kinda game. Then to hell with it time to call it a day.

Comment

About this Mikami talk.
          Sure that the series probably would continue to be crap, but I think Mikami would do something less-matrix than RE5.

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonElder View Post
            I would never loose interest in the series UNLESS they introduced Alice and turned it into a hack n slash Devil May Cry style kinda game. Then to hell with it time to call it a day.
            Yup this is the thing that would make me leave the series for good.

Comment

If they thought it would improve their sales...they'd do it in a moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                Mikami was a guiding source of the series, he didnt always get his way on things,if I recall he wanted RE2 to be the series end(when it was still 1.5).
                Mikami guided virtually fuck all. The amount of credit he gets is detestable when there were far more important figures behind the series. There's a reason he hates being called the father of BIOHAZARD: his ideas were mostly rip-offs and he had little to do with the development of the series after BH1. Then he was the director and writer of BH4, and look how well that turned out. Pissed away 8 years of plot development with no explanation or exposition and kicked the series into Hollywood territory and gave it the "Matrix" feel people have already mentioned. All of the things old-school fans hate about the series were done by Mikami.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

He is the Hideo Kojima of Resident Evil, prancing about wearing their designer jackets and flaunted by the gaming community as visionaries while those who have a real passion for their work languish in obscurity or are forgotten, people like Yasuhisa Kawamura and Noboru Sugimura. Thank you for having the balls to say that, Paul. It makes me sick seeing all these so-called "fans" out there who praise the likes of Kojima and Mikami, when they're actually taking credit for the passion and vision of others.
                  See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                    Mikami guided virtually fuck all. The amount of credit he gets is detestable when there were far more important figures behind the series. There's a reason he hates being called the father of BIOHAZARD: his ideas were mostly rip-offs and he had little to do with the development of the series after BH1. Then he was the director and writer of BH4, and look how well that turned out. Pissed away 8 years of plot development with no explanation or exposition and kicked the series into Hollywood territory and gave it the "Matrix" feel people have already mentioned. All of the things old-school fans hate about the series were done by Mikami.
                    1. RE1 wasn't the first of its kind, but it was the first true success and pretty much the reason series like Silent Hill and Dead Space exist. It also spawned this series you claim to be a fan of.

2. RE4 is widely considered one of the greatest games of all time. You know what games aren't? Most of the games not directed by Mikami.

3. Mikami's explanation for Umbrella's collapse was fine: stock crashes. It was simple, effective, and to the point.

4. "Matrix" didn't begin in RE4. See Claire's exploits in CV's intro and Billy's slow-motion antics in RE0. And as for the "matrix feel of RE4" -- methinks you're looking at the wrong post-RC game. Hint: It wasn't directed by Mikami and has a 5 in the title.

Look, I get that you're pissed that people credit Mikami for everything, but bitching at everyone because they don't spend countless hours reading Japanese guidebooks or Project Umbrella and/or learning everything there is to know about the RE development process is pretty asinine.
                    A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

. Then he was the director and writer of BH4, and look how well that turned out. Pissed away 8 years of plot development with no explanation or exposition and kicked the series into Hollywood territory and gave it the "Matrix" feel people have already mentioned.
                      I disagree with you Newsbot...and you know what happens when people disagree on the internet..FLAME WARRR!!!!

I see your match and raise you a lighter!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
                        1. RE1 wasn't the first of its kind, but it was the first true success and pretty much the reason series like Silent Hill and Dead Space exist. It also spawned this series you claim to be a fan of.

2. RE4 is widely considered one of the greatest games of all time. You know what games aren't? Most of the games not directed by Mikami.

3. Mikami's explanation for Umbrella's collapse was fine: stock crashes. It was simple, effective, and to the point.

4. "Matrix" didn't begin in RE4. See Claire's exploits in CV's intro and Billy's slow-motion antics in RE0. And as for the "matrix feel of RE4" -- methinks you're looking at the wrong post-RC game. Hint: It wasn't directed by Mikami and has a 5 in the title.

Look, I get that you're pissed that people credit Mikami for everything, but bitching at everyone because they don't spend countless hours reading Japanese guidebooks or Project Umbrella and/or learning everything there is to know about the RE development process is pretty asinine.
                        1. That is relevant how? I never denied that BH1 and its remake are great, nor do I deny their importance to the horror genre. Doesn't stop the fact that Mikami is over-credited for it when most of his "ideas" were lifted directly from Sweet Home and Dr. Hauzer. He also only included a story (one of my favorite aspects of the series) because CAPCOM made him. And he didn't even write it.

2. I don't deny any of that. What is your point? BH4 is also a highly divisive game for fans of the series who have been with it for 15 years. I personally have no real issue with it except that Mikami forgot that it was meant to be a horror game.

3. It was cheap and ignored the build-up outlined in every other game prior to BH4. That's all. It didn't even make sense within the series timeline until Umbrella Chronicles bothered actually having it make sense within the story.

4. One or two cutscenes in previous games doesn't really quite match up to Ada's nonsensical grappling gun or ridiculous dress and heels combo in the middle of the Spanish countryside in a clearly freezing Autumn.

Also, Project Umbrella has nothing to do with anything in this topic. And on that subject, are you trying to say ignorance excuses blind and inappropriately targeted praise?

Comment

2. I don't deny any of that. What is your point? BH4 is also a highly divisive game for fans of the series who have been with it for 15 years. I personally have no real issue with it except that Mikami forgot that it was meant to be a horror game.

...Dude, no. The game had horror in it. While a lot of it wasn't the RE horror we were used too, it did still have some of that present in the game.

The regenerators, No.23(think that was the crate monsters name), Verdugo, Garrador, your first encounters with the Plagas parasites were scary.

Now, the problem these enemies did have is that you got over your fear of them faster than some of the older RE monsters...but that could also be that we as a fan base had gotten older and a little more desensitized to things.
                          Last edited by Wrathborne; 03-04-2012, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Where the hell is the like button?

This deserves it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post

...Dude, no. The game had horror in it. While a lot of it wasn't the RE horror we were used too, it did still have some of that present in the game.

The regenerators, No.23(think that was the crate monsters name), Verdugo, Garrador, your first encounters with the Plagas parasites were scary.

Now, the problem these enemies did have is that you got over your fear of them faster than some of the older RE monsters...but that could also be that we as a fan base had gotten older and a little more desensitized to things.
                              Those are a few individual moments out of an otherwise action-packed extravaganza. It is an action game with minor horror moments. If anything, it should be the other way around. Otherwise; it's not horror. Regeneradors are great, as is Verdugo and U-3. Garrador is a little bit of yes and no. The Plaga parasites are stupid as fuck and are more frightening in their early concept art.

Comment

I disagree with your agreement Vito.

Comment

Working...
                                X