Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the RE series goes completely out of control...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what disappointed me the most about RE4, the fact that it had some genuinely terrifying moments but they were few and far between. The confrontation with the Verdugo in the sewers, the Regenerators and the research facility. Those were fantastic parts of RE4, but what do people focus on when they talk about the game? The fucking chainsaw enemy.
    See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
      That's what disappointed me the most about RE4, the fact that it had some genuinely terrifying moments but they were few and far between. The confrontation with the Verdugo in the sewers, the Regenerators and the research facility. Those were fantastic parts of RE4, but what do people focus on when they talk about the game? The fucking chainsaw enemy.
      Chainsaw Ganado was genuinely terrifying. Then it got used every other chapter in the game and lost all of its appeal, and became a minor annoyance. Over-used.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

What about the monks? Their chanting of 'die,die,die' among other things was creepy too.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
          What about the monks? Their chanting of 'die,die,die' among other things was creepy too.
          Except about 80% of people who played the game didn't have a clue what they were saying.

Comment

How did that affect your experience playing it though?;)

Comment

How did that affect your experience playing it though?;)
              Didn't make a difference considering the zealots weren't creepy or even slightly terrifying. If anything; irritating.

Comment

Disagreeing with me 3 times in one topic? I think you might have broken a law now News Bot, specifically Murphys Law .

So do you think RE6 is gonna end up worse than RE4 in your opinion?

Comment

Disagreeing with me 3 times in one topic? I think you might have broken a law now News Bot, specifically Murphys Law .

So do you think RE6 is gonna end up worse than RE4 in your opinion?
                  Hell if I know.

Comment

Whether Mikami was the powerhouse of the series or not is pretty irrelevant. He's gone from it now. That is the way it is. Still as far as video games are concerned (including Biohazard) I have found a lot of entertainment from the games he has directed with the exception to P.N.03.

Comment

Vanquish was fun.
                      See you in hell.

Comment

I think a lot more concern on the series future lies in the fact that most of the people responsible for the series more popular entries, no longer have anything to do with the franchise.

The newer teams have many more tools at their disposal to make games, and seem to be limited by capcoms 'rinse, lather, repeat' methodology.

I'm actually more concerned with RE6 going the 'bigger is better' route in terms of settings and what not.

I keep expecting to see a BOW the size of mt. Everest at this point in the series.

Comment

If the RE series goes out of control you have to finish it with a rocket launcher...

Sorry.

I'll just stop supporting the games. I wouldn't go out of my way actively to destroy the series though, say by seeding torrents or anything like that. That's just spiteul for people who like the newer style games
                          sigpic

Comment

SELFISH! YOU GOT SOME S'PLAINING TO DO!

I dunno man, As spite fall as it is, the relationship between company and customer is supposed to be more symbiotic really.

While the customer isnt always right(I've worked in retail before, I know they arent) the fact that the company seems to not want to listen to the customers wants anymore is where the problem lies.

Comment

I think a lot more concern on the series future lies in the fact that most of the people responsible for the series more popular entries, no longer have anything to do with the franchise.

The newer teams have many more tools at their disposal to make games, and seem to be limited by capcoms 'rinse, lather, repeat' methodology.

I'm actually more concerned with RE6 going the 'bigger is better' route in terms of settings and what not.

I keep expecting to see a BOW the size of mt. Everest at this point in the series.
                              A large chunk of the current developers have been with the series since the beginning.

Comment

I disagree with your agreement Vito.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_lzb20z5wBk1qetkcv.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	400931

Comment

Working...
                                X