Series Playthrough In Preparation for BH6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series Playthrough In Preparation for BH6

I do these pretty much every other year around Christmas, but this time I will be doing them in September. I will be live-streaming complete playthroughs of every single canon game in the series, and will occasionally provide narration on the plot. Recordings of each playthrough will be uploaded to ProjectUmbrellaTV. I'm generally a pretty fast player of the series, even when I intentionally take my time, so the overall run-time should not be that much. I could go through BH1, BH2, BH3 and CODE:Veronica in a single day unless people want them split up into one game per day. They are not speed-runs.

This topic will be used to discuss streaming and recording methods, which versions of the games to be played, things I should comment on, etc.

At the moment, the current plan is to use JustinTV. If anyone has any alternatives, they would be much appreciated. I would also like to know if it is at all possible to stream PC gaming (whether it be the actual game or an emulator), as that would make things a whole lot easier and save me from having to switch consoles around. In the chat, I will provide links to relevant files or supplemental material which relate to the current state of the plot. I'm also trying to figure out a way to stream Revelations direct-feed, so any help would be much appreciated on that one.

TIMELINE
    • biohazard 0
    • BIOHAZARD UMBRELLA CHRONICLES (Beginnings, Nightmare)
    • biohazard
    • BIOHAZARD UMBRELLA CHRONICLES (Rebirth)
    • BIOHAZARD OUTBREAK (in order; Outbreak, Hellfire, Wild Things, Underbelly, The Hive, Below Freezing Point, Flashback, Desperate Times)
    • BIOHAZARD 3 LAST ESCAPE (until Jill's infection)
    • BIOHAZARD 2
    • BIOHAZARD UMBRELLA CHRONICLES (The Fourth Survivor)
    • BIOHAZARD 3 LAST ESCAPE (continued)
    • BIOHAZARD OUTBREAK (Decisions Decisions, End of the Road)
    • BIOHAZARD UMBRELLA CHRONICLES (Death's Door)
    • BIOHAZARD GUN SURVIVOR
    • BIOHAZARD CODE:Veronica
    • BIOHAZARD THE DARKSIDE CHRONICLES (Darkness Falls)
    • BIOHAZARD GUN SURVIVOR 4 HEROES NEVER DIE
    • BIOHAZARD UMBRELLA CHRONICLES (Umbrella's End, Dark Legacy)
    • biohazard 4
    • Separate Ways
    • BIOHAZARD REVELATIONS
    • Lost In Nightmares
    • BIOHAZARD 5 (Desperate Escape before Chap. 6-1)
    • BIOHAZARD 6
    Last edited by News Bot; 05-04-2012, 08:45 AM.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

I am pretty sure you missed BIOHAZARD UMBRELLA CHRONICLES (Umbrella's End).
    Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
      I am pretty sure you missed BIOHAZARD UMBRELLA CHRONICLES (Umbrella's End).
      Corrected.

Comment

Interesting, which site do you use to stream? Hopefully twitchTV!

Comment

Originally posted by geluda View Post
          Interesting, which site do you use to stream? Hopefully twitchTV!
          That's the goal of this thread: to find the best methods. How is TwitchTV in comparison to the likes of JustinTV?

Comment

Well I like twitch tv because I can watch it on my phone. But it's pretty solid, I watch streams with 5000+ quite often and never see a problem besides the persons Internet going down. You can watch in HD also, so I imagine if your stream only has 100 people you shouldn't have a problem. Go to twitch tv and browse their gaming section, there's tons of gaming related streams all the way from Starcraft to Minecraft, it seems really popular.

Comment

Cool thanks for this. Now I can update mine.

Comment

Cool idea, can't wait for it. I've heard that twitchTV is really good for gaming, probably there's an option for PC streaming there. Are you going to do audio commentary as well or just use the chat?

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                  I do these pretty much every other year around Christmas, but this time I will be doing them in September. I will be live-streaming complete playthroughs of every single canon game in the series, and will occasionally provide narration on the plot. Recordings of each playthrough will be uploaded to ProjectUmbrellaTV. I'm generally a pretty fast player of the series, even when I intentionally take my time, so the overall run-time should not be that much. I could go through BH1, BH2, BH3 and CODE:Veronica in a single day unless people want them split up into one game per day. They are not speed-runs.

This topic will be used to discuss streaming and recording methods, which versions of the games to be played, things I should comment on, etc.

At the moment, the current plan is to use JustinTV. If anyone has any alternatives, they would be much appreciated. I would also like to know if it is at all possible to stream PC gaming (whether it be the actual game or an emulator), as that would make things a whole lot easier and save me from having to switch consoles around. In the chat, I will provide links to relevant files or supplemental material which relate to the current state of the plot. I'm also trying to figure out a way to stream Revelations direct-feed, so any help would be much appreciated on that one.

TIMELINE
                  • biohazard 0
                  • BIOHAZARD UMBRELLA CHRONICLES (Beginnings, Nightmare)
                  • biohazard
                  • BIOHAZARD UMBRELLA CHRONICLES (Rebirth)
                  • BIOHAZARD OUTBREAK (in order; Outbreak, Hellfire, Wild Things, Underbelly, The Hive, Below Freezing Point, Flashback, Desperate Times)
                  • BIOHAZARD 3 LAST ESCAPE (until Jill's infection)
                  • BIOHAZARD 2
                  • BIOHAZARD UMBRELLA CHRONICLES (The Fourth Survivor)
                  • BIOHAZARD 3 LAST ESCAPE (continued)
                  • BIOHAZARD OUTBREAK (Decisions Decisions, End of the Road)
                  • BIOHAZARD UMBRELLA CHRONICLES (Death's Door)
                  • BIOHAZARD GUN SURVIVOR
                  • BIOHAZARD CODE:Veronica
                  • BIOHAZARD THE DARKSIDE CHRONICLES (Darkness Falls)
                  • BIOHAZARD GUN SURVIVOR 4 HEROES NEVER DIE
                  • BIOHAZARD UMBRELLA CHRONICLES (Umbrella's End, Dark Legacy)
                  • biohazard 4
                  • Separate Ways
                  • BIOHAZARD REVELATIONS
                  • Lost In Nightmares
                  • BIOHAZARD 5 (Desperate Escape before Chap. 6-1)
                  • BIOHAZARD 6
                  So Hunk's scenario in UC is the canon one?
                  Last edited by Vito; 05-04-2012, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vito View Post
                    So Hunk's scenario in UC is the canon one?
                    I don't see why it wouldn't be, since it added more detail to the original and included enemy placement that made more sense (no T-103s, for example).
                    Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Hooray ! Im pretty excited now *__*
                      Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
                      ^ Lol ...

Comment

I was doing a bit of research and apparently TwitchTV is actually part of JustinTV. JustinTV used to have a gaming section however it got so large they created TwitchTV and dedicated it solely to gaming...

Comment

Originally posted by alexdz View Post
                          Are you going to do audio commentary as well or just use the chat?
                          I came in to ask the same question. My favorite part of streams are the host's vocal commentary. Makes the whole experience so fun. Well, given that they aren't 12 year-old boys who swear at the TV screen.

Definitely want to be around to watch this when the time comes!

Comment

I'll be News Bot's co-op partner in BH5, so if we're both on Skype...
                            See you in hell.

Comment

I have the game but can't be arsed into playing it at the moment... but what scenario is the one where Rebecca sees Sergei and one of the Ivan B.O.W.'s through a window?

Will you include that one too?
                              Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X