X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vector
    replied
    Originally posted by News Bot View Post
    That's the goal of this thread: to find the best methods. How is TwitchTV in comparison to the likes of JustinTV?
    JustinTV is TwitchTV.

Leave a comment:

• CrimsonElder
    replied
    Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
    If you have the option (you do most of the game), control Billy and leave Becky in a safe place. He has far more health, and she dies very easily. This means you should have Billy do the following alone:

- Fight the stinger (use the hookshot on the train)
    - Clear out the east wing of the 2F training facility (lots of leech men)
    - Fight the infected bat
    - Use the hookshot in the lab's library (the upper floor is much tougher than the lower one)

Another tip is for when you have to save Rebecca from falling into the basement. After you move Becky into the torture chamber but before you solve the power puzzle, move Billy all the way back to the room where the steam blocks your path. Complete the puzzle, and afterwards you'll be only a few rooms away from Rebecca.
    Thanks for the tips. Maybe I'll give it a go with just Billy see if I find it any less stressful.

Leave a comment:

• TheBatMan
    replied
    Yeah soz i meant he's not mentioned in the post raccoon entry.
    Last edited by TheBatMan; 06-19-2012, 05:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• News Bot
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
    No. Mistranslation. Nicholai is not mentioned in any gun survivor file.
    He's in the file, but the last entry (the one after the incident) is written by an "Umbrella B.OW. Development Team" in the actual file, while the English version says Nicholai again.

Leave a comment:

• TheBatMan
    replied
    Originally posted by belmont1997 View Post
    Nicholai does survive, when you play Resident Evil: Survivor you find a file in which he explains the events of Resident Evil 3. You also see a picture of nemesis in the background with flames in what not looks like a cheap picture background of the beginning of Resident Evil 2 o.o
    No. Mistranslation. Nicholai is not mentioned in any gun survivor file.

Leave a comment:

• belmont1997
    replied
    Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply! So I'll just enjoy Outbreak, and screw things up as I like LOL.
    Good to know about RE3, I always thought that Nicholai was supposed to survive...
    Nicholai does survive, when you play Resident Evil: Survivor you find a file in which he explains the events of Resident Evil 3. You also see a picture of nemesis in the background with flames in what not looks like a cheap picture background of the beginning of Resident Evil 2 o.o

Leave a comment:

• Det. Beauregard
    replied
    Originally posted by CrimsonElder View Post
    Any other tips as to how I can make life easier in Zero?
    If you have the option (you do most of the game), control Billy and leave Becky in a safe place. He has far more health, and she dies very easily. This means you should have Billy do the following alone:

- Fight the stinger (use the hookshot on the train)
    - Clear out the east wing of the 2F training facility (lots of leech men)
    - Fight the infected bat
    - Use the hookshot in the lab's library (the upper floor is much tougher than the lower one)

Another tip is for when you have to save Rebecca from falling into the basement. After you move Becky into the torture chamber but before you solve the power puzzle, move Billy all the way back to the room where the steam blocks your path. Complete the puzzle, and afterwards you'll be only a few rooms away from Rebecca.

Leave a comment:

• CrimsonElder
    replied
    Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
    Lol, I actually just finished a run through Zero last night, and the lack of item boxes really does get frustrating. Whichever asshat at Capcom thought it was a good idea to leave them out should have been fired immediately after the game was released. I didn't mind being able to drop items on the ground (in fact, I wish that option was available in the other RE games), but there's no reason they couldn't have given us item boxes, as well. Getting ready for the final boss battle is like a two-hour backtracking detour throughout the majority of the game just so you can collect all the shit you dropped along the way.

The partner thing never bothered me in Zero, though. I feel it was handled much better than in the other forced-partner games (RE5, Revelations). It was cool how you could dump one of your characters in a room (read: Rebecca) and tackle most of the game solo. Partners were really only needed for key events and puzzles. Also, the partner characters didn't randomly spout tension-breaking dialogue left and right like they've done in recent games.
    I know right, out of about 2 hours I played the game I would say 1 hour was spent sorting, storing and all that crap. I dont want to hate the game because the graphics are pretty good and it has alot of good qualities good god damn I wanted to hit the punch bag after playing it.

Maybe my problem with the co-op is that I dragged my partner everywhere then. I wasnt sure when I would need them because it is only my second playthrough of Zero. I am pretty tempted to go on Youtube and find a RE Zero in 5 minutes video and just skip that one. I dont want to make a habbit though or I will be skipping other ones like Survivor's and The Chronicles. Any other tips as to how I can make life easier in Zero? I fold very easy under stress and that game had me in a rage.

Leave a comment:

• Det. Beauregard
    replied
    Originally posted by CrimsonElder View Post
    I realised that I have been putting this off for so long because I really just dont want to play Zero. Now I remember why, the co-op is fucking trash! Your partner falls behind they stay in the room, they get attacked by a crow they stay in the room, you have to split and share bullets, find a good place to put your items, combine, change, swap....Ah Fuck It!!!! This is RE not Nanny Mcgee. If I wanted to sort, clean and organise all godamn day I'd clean my bedroom. Fuck it I am skipping this game and excitied about playing the rest. Its my least favorite of the canon games anyway.
    Lol, I actually just finished a run through Zero last night, and the lack of item boxes really does get frustrating. Whichever asshat at Capcom thought it was a good idea to leave them out should have been fired immediately after the game was released. I didn't mind being able to drop items on the ground (in fact, I wish that option was available in the other RE games), but there's no reason they couldn't have given us item boxes, as well. Getting ready for the final boss battle is like a two-hour backtracking detour throughout the majority of the game just so you can collect all the shit you dropped along the way.

The partner thing never bothered me in Zero, though. I feel it was handled much better than in the other forced-partner games (RE5, Revelations). It was cool how you could dump one of your characters in a room (read: Rebecca) and tackle most of the game solo. Partners were really only needed for key events and puzzles. Also, the partner characters didn't randomly spout tension-breaking dialogue left and right like they've done in recent games.
    Last edited by Det. Beauregard; 06-18-2012, 12:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CrimsonElder
    replied
    I am doing my own little playthrough of the series and have been off to a miserable start. Soon as I decided to start my own playthrough I decided to buy a Roxio game cap to record it all. After about a month and half of trying to get that piece of shit to work without any joy and then going on holidays, the only thing I have managed to do in that time is get to the Training Facility Main Hall on Zero. Today I thought I would continue my false start to this and played about an hour or so and just got so godamn sick of this game. I realised that I have been putting this off for so long because I really just dont want to play Zero. Now I remember why, the co-op is fucking trash! Your partner falls behind they stay in the room, they get attacked by a crow they stay in the room, you have to split and share bullets, find a good place to put your items, combine, change, swap....Ah Fuck It!!!! This is RE not Nanny Mcgee. If I wanted to sort, clean and organise all godamn day I'd clean my bedroom. Fuck it I am skipping this game and excitied about playing the rest. Its my least favorite of the canon games anyway.

Leave a comment:

• AsteroidBlues
    replied
    Originally posted by shanemurphy View Post
    I don't know a way to get a direct feed from a 3DS but I have watched someone play it just with a good camera so maybe not ideal but it would do the job.
    Ask and ye shall receive. This is as close to pro as you can get without proprietary capture software and cables.

Another version. Might be helpful.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcnSy...eature=related
    Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 06-09-2012, 09:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• shanemurphy
    replied
    I don't know a way to get a direct feed from a 3DS but I have watched someone play it just with a good camera so maybe not ideal but it would do the job.

Leave a comment:

• News Bot
    replied
    No idea how I'm going to handle Revelations. Anyone have any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• Canas Renvall
    replied
    1. I would go with day-by-day, personally.
    2. I would certainly donate! And if you need a partner for something, I would gladly volunteer.
    3. Absolutely. I'll show you Livestream Procaster, my personal favorite choice.
    4. Here, CU, I can advertise to fans in other forums I know about, and other sites.

Leave a comment:

• News Bot
    replied
    Beginning to seriously plan this, need opinions on a few things.

1) Should I play all the games one after another (with breaks in-between) or should I do a single game day-by-day? I'm leaning towards the latter.

2) Would people be interested in donating towards it as a charity event? I will most likely donate to Child's Play, and perhaps another charity if a noteworthy amount is raised.

3) Is it possible to stream PC games? If so, how?

4) Where would be a good place to advertise this? I will try and contact the Capcom-Unity staff and get them to advertise it on there, but I doubt that will be enough.

I'm also seriously considering the Let's Play-esque idea.
    Last edited by News Bot; 06-07-2012, 03:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X