Series Playthrough In Preparation for BH6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
    Lol, I actually just finished a run through Zero last night, and the lack of item boxes really does get frustrating. Whichever asshat at Capcom thought it was a good idea to leave them out should have been fired immediately after the game was released. I didn't mind being able to drop items on the ground (in fact, I wish that option was available in the other RE games), but there's no reason they couldn't have given us item boxes, as well. Getting ready for the final boss battle is like a two-hour backtracking detour throughout the majority of the game just so you can collect all the shit you dropped along the way.

The partner thing never bothered me in Zero, though. I feel it was handled much better than in the other forced-partner games (RE5, Revelations). It was cool how you could dump one of your characters in a room (read: Rebecca) and tackle most of the game solo. Partners were really only needed for key events and puzzles. Also, the partner characters didn't randomly spout tension-breaking dialogue left and right like they've done in recent games.
    I know right, out of about 2 hours I played the game I would say 1 hour was spent sorting, storing and all that crap. I dont want to hate the game because the graphics are pretty good and it has alot of good qualities good god damn I wanted to hit the punch bag after playing it.

Maybe my problem with the co-op is that I dragged my partner everywhere then. I wasnt sure when I would need them because it is only my second playthrough of Zero. I am pretty tempted to go on Youtube and find a RE Zero in 5 minutes video and just skip that one. I dont want to make a habbit though or I will be skipping other ones like Survivor's and The Chronicles. Any other tips as to how I can make life easier in Zero? I fold very easy under stress and that game had me in a rage.

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonElder View Post
      Any other tips as to how I can make life easier in Zero?
      If you have the option (you do most of the game), control Billy and leave Becky in a safe place. He has far more health, and she dies very easily. This means you should have Billy do the following alone:

- Fight the stinger (use the hookshot on the train)
      - Clear out the east wing of the 2F training facility (lots of leech men)
      - Fight the infected bat
      - Use the hookshot in the lab's library (the upper floor is much tougher than the lower one)

Another tip is for when you have to save Rebecca from falling into the basement. After you move Becky into the torture chamber but before you solve the power puzzle, move Billy all the way back to the room where the steam blocks your path. Complete the puzzle, and afterwards you'll be only a few rooms away from Rebecca.
      Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
        Thanks for the quick reply! So I'll just enjoy Outbreak, and screw things up as I like LOL.
        Good to know about RE3, I always thought that Nicholai was supposed to survive...
        Nicholai does survive, when you play Resident Evil: Survivor you find a file in which he explains the events of Resident Evil 3. You also see a picture of nemesis in the background with flames in what not looks like a cheap picture background of the beginning of Resident Evil 2 o.o

Comment

Originally posted by belmont1997 View Post
          Nicholai does survive, when you play Resident Evil: Survivor you find a file in which he explains the events of Resident Evil 3. You also see a picture of nemesis in the background with flames in what not looks like a cheap picture background of the beginning of Resident Evil 2 o.o
          No. Mistranslation. Nicholai is not mentioned in any gun survivor file.
          "I've got 100 cows."
          "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
            No. Mistranslation. Nicholai is not mentioned in any gun survivor file.
            He's in the file, but the last entry (the one after the incident) is written by an "Umbrella B.OW. Development Team" in the actual file, while the English version says Nicholai again.
            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Yeah soz i meant he's not mentioned in the post raccoon entry.
              Last edited by TheBatMan; 06-19-2012, 05:34 AM.
              "I've got 100 cows."
              "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
                If you have the option (you do most of the game), control Billy and leave Becky in a safe place. He has far more health, and she dies very easily. This means you should have Billy do the following alone:

- Fight the stinger (use the hookshot on the train)
                - Clear out the east wing of the 2F training facility (lots of leech men)
                - Fight the infected bat
                - Use the hookshot in the lab's library (the upper floor is much tougher than the lower one)

Another tip is for when you have to save Rebecca from falling into the basement. After you move Becky into the torture chamber but before you solve the power puzzle, move Billy all the way back to the room where the steam blocks your path. Complete the puzzle, and afterwards you'll be only a few rooms away from Rebecca.
                Thanks for the tips. Maybe I'll give it a go with just Billy see if I find it any less stressful.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                  That's the goal of this thread: to find the best methods. How is TwitchTV in comparison to the likes of JustinTV?
                  JustinTV is TwitchTV.

Comment

Working...
                  X