Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil: Retribution (Trailer 6-14-12)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
    The pacing of the movie is terrible, for the first 30 or so minutes there are several long pauses of nothing happening that don't add to the moving at all, the long slow rewind at the beginning was pointless because the scene was actually played normally anyway, when stuff does start to happen the bullet time and slow motion action doesn't help pick the pace up properly for a long time.
    Starting with Extinction, all of Anderson's movies feel horribly decompressed. It might not be so bad if the guy DID something interesting with the characters or something, but that's clearly above his paygrade, so all you get is meandering plotline that's pretty predictable and does nothing to surprise/make you care in the slightest. And yeah, gotta love how idiotic Anderson thinks his audiences are retarded(well, they might actually be seeing how some people creaming themselves on some tumbler's I read can't write the least bit intelligently) had to play the opening scene normal to get what was going on. I actually thought the opening was decent(actually liked the muisc in that part), but then he shat on all that rather quickly.

But the rest of the movie pretty much shows that Anderson CANNOT WRITE TO SAVE HIS GODDAMN LIFE. Spoiler:
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by valentinesdead? View Post
      Btw, anyone notice he managed to work in his stupid idea of a rocket that splits off into mini-rockets that Dot once mentioned in one of the RPD Dispatchs.
      I like how even that had the Umbrella logo on it. Everything has an Umbrella logo, even Spoiler:

Comment

• Originally posted by alexdz View Post
        I like how even that had the Umbrella logo on it. Everything has an Umbrella logo, even Spoiler:
        An annoying and stupid concept he's kept in since Apocalypse that he thinks is clever for some reason(EVERYTHINGZ WITH DA UMBRELLAZ LOGO! HERP DERP!)--when it just comes off as childish and stupid(though, I think both Alice and Anderson are both overgrown man-childs to begin with, so makes sense they hooked up). I didn't even notice with Spoiler:
        . I did notice at the beginning, the top of the helicopter blades has the Umbrella logo. . .which is like one of the most pointless places one could put a logo since NO ONE'S GOING TO SEE IT UNLESS THEY'RE ABOVE YOU!

The only two positive things I have to say about the film is that Sienna's pretty hot(but so totally wasted, though not surprised. At least Spoiler:
        , and the opening theme music is pretty good actually as standalone music. . .otherwise, not a single positive comment. Why Capcom continues to let Anderson make this crap, I'll never understand(well, actually I do, but hyperbole-is-hyperbole). You know you've got a big problem when you don't screen for critics. And before anyone says "well, it makez MONEY'S, STUPID," the whole point of rebooting this thing with a new, fresh direction more truer to the games would be to MAKE EVEN MORE MONEY, because then you could potentially have a film(s) that satisfies both the mind numbed masses, and people who actually give a crap about good story's and quality cinematography.

But alas, the RE franchise and it's owners(Capcom included) aren't the type of companies who look at their properties with integrity or respect, but rather "is it making money?" being the only criteria.
        Last edited by valentinesdead?; 09-16-2012, 02:27 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by valentinesdead? View Post
          Spoiler:
          ^ Regarding that Afterlife bit, while it was meant to be kinda hard-to-see, you obviously didn't see the

Spoiler:

As for the sudden change,

Spoiler:
          Last edited by Canas Renvall; 09-16-2012, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• Well done Milla, you have just provided the perfect ammunition to make you seem like the biggest joke to any sense able fan of Resident Evil.

Bravo, bravo!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
              Or with enough alcohol in your bloodstream.
              I will go to the movie bar, which is quite cheap, and use the money I would have spent to see the movie on drinks before hand. :p

Comment

• Holy fucking shit!

Ada's portail was surprisingly great. She even sounded like her.

Barry got the best scene in the movie, hell the entire series hands down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vito View Post
                  Holy fucking shit!

Ada's portail was surprisingly great. She even sounded like her.

Barry got the best scene in the movie, hell the entire series hands down.
                  I thought that while Ada wasn't terrible she wasn't good either, she was just there. But then, aside from the beginning she didn't have that many lines, actually, it felt like this movie didn't have many dialogues, just enough for the plot (hahaha) and some one-liners.

Comment

• The movie sucks very bad!!!!!where is the horror??its like rambo shooting everywhere!!!

Comment

• I'm just going to leave this right here...

I think the fact that Paul is focusing on the embers in the cutscene rather than what the characters are saying, says a lot about how much he cares for the RE story.

Comment

• Okay, according to wikipedia plot summary:

''It was revealed at the end that the reason for the attacks for septemeber 11 where linked to homosexuals and zombies.''

Is this a joke, or that happened in movie? Can anyone explain that in details (if that really happened)?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spera01 View Post
                          I'm just going to leave this right here...

I think the fact that Paul is focusing on the embers in the cutscene rather than what the characters are saying, says a lot about how much he cares for the RE story.
                          Calling it now. Car thrown at character saved by Alice and Ustanak in Andersons next film Resident Evil 6. No question. And he will CG in the embers somewhere. :p

Comment

• Originally posted by fishboil View Post
                            Okay, according to wikipedia plot summary:

''It was revealed at the end that the reason for the attacks for septemeber 11 where linked to homosexuals and zombies.''

Is this a joke, or that happened in movie? Can anyone explain that in details (if that really happened)?
                            It's someone trolling Wikipedia. No, that never happens.

Comment

• Too bad. Would've made the movie so much better.

Comment

• *sigh* ...Although I'll admit, I do have a soft spot for the other live action movies, I really didn't like this one. It was way to focused on the action. Yes action is great, but it went WAY to far with this one. The opening was terrible, they couldn't even use back doubles for Chris and Claire, what the hell... Leon and Barry seriously felt useless, and although I did like Ada, she did feel slightly off as well. I'll admit, I did enjoy the final fight with Jill and Alice though. Even though Sienna did a terrible job at acting I think.

Yeah, I'd say this one was easily my least favorite. I am seriously very let down by this.

http://s13.zetaboards.com/Fearltself/index/

Comment

Working...
                                X