Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil: Retribution (Trailer 6-14-12)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What irks me more than anything is Jeremy Bolt's comments that Capcom set RE5 in the desert because of the success of RE Extinction even though RE5 was in development a year before Extinction was even written.

Hate him. Horrible cunt.

However, Capcom's refusal to put Alice in the games is the ultimate fuck off to Anderson and his crew. Given what extremes Capcom normally go to to make an easy, quick buck this clearly demonstrates what they think of Anderson's films.
    "I've got 100 cows."
    "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Originally posted by BeefWellington View Post
      Milla even said that because of these "movies" that Resident Evil is a popular name now
      I feel fucking disgusted and insulted
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]6806[/ATTACH]
      She said what?

Comment

Quite a number of CAPCOM staff involved with the series really like the movies, but they are "satisfied with the movies being the movies and the games being the games". Outside of small references you will never see anything from the movies in the games. I am sure CAPCOM were either annoyed or amused at Bolt and Jovovich's insistence that Extinction inspired BH5 even though the latter is not set in a desert. Jovovich herself is a clueless tit and Anderson is just a pretentious hack.
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Looks like Umbrella is trying to restart life over again by quarantining off certain major cities around the world. Did anyone see the zombie grinning with the chainsaw?

Comment

Originally posted by BeefWellington View Post
            Milla even said that because of these "movies" that Resident Evil is a popular name now
            She's not entirely wrong, though.

Regarding the trailer, about the only thing I have to add is that is one ugly dude playing Leon.

The Ada's not too bad. She's got great legs, if nothing else.
            Last edited by Archelon; 06-14-2012, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
              She's not entirely wrong, though.

Regarding the trailer, about the only thing I have to add is that is one ugly dude playing Leon.
              She said there'd no more games if not for the movies, I mean, come on! I'll admit that the movies might've given a boost on the sales but saying the series would be over and that the movies saved it? That's a giant fucking ego she's got to have to think that.

Comment

All I know is I'm still looking forward to it. I just hope, like I said, that One and Rain aren't clones. That'd be kinda lame.

And Paul, that's how I feel about it. I'm satisfied with the movies being in their own separate universe from the game. I like both the games and the movies, but I never want them to cross paths.

Comment

She is right about the movies and RE being a popular name now. Before the movies you ask someone random on the street what RE is most people wouldn't know. Now it is a household name.

Very few video games penetrate the general public like movies can, Mario, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, maybe Sonic in the 90s, Call of Duty now. RE name was never as big as any of these until the movies happened.
                  Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                    All I know is I'm still looking forward to it. I just hope, like I said, that One and Rain aren't clones. That'd be kinda lame.
                    They are confirmed to be clones.

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                      I took it as yes, it all happened. But Umbrella captured her (at the end of Afterlife, I assume) and used those memories to do whatever it is they're going to do to her in the movie to "perfect the virus".

So no, I don't think he's cutting out canon. I think she gets captured, fucked with, and then escapes and tries (again) to take down Umbrella.

Still dunno about Rain and One though. As much as I liked them, I'm not exactly sure I want to see them cloned.
                      I am with Darkmoon on this, I think he's pulled a 'Dallas' (or Roseanne) and its all a dream. Right from square one. It has to be before the third at least because the world is not yet a wasteland, but i think its the whole thing. Helps him bring back people but also explain why othera haven't. Just so fucking lazy and retarded. Explains too the comments during the press when the last film released he had an idea for the final films to be a separate trilogy.

Article from 2009 with the most ironic image included:

Edit - added image for further effect.
                      Last edited by Rombie; 06-14-2012, 08:01 PM.

Comment

If you guys dont want anymore shit films from him then don't watch the film. If you REALLY dont want anymore of these shit films, try to get other people to not see it.

Comment

They capture her at the end of Afterlife.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Resident-Evil_5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	401373

It was said by Milla that Claire and Chris are taken by Umbrella so they aren't in this one. We also see Luther from Afterlife in this as well since he survived but wasn't on Arcadia with the others. Alice judging by the trailer was implanted with memories of this new life and Ada interferes with it. And yes it looks like Rain, Carlos and One are clones in this. Or BOWs/super soldiers of some kind since Rain injects herself. Jill is controlled by Wesker who is still alive. Not sure where Leon and Barry play into it yet.

Comment

Milla couldn't look more constipated.
                            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Or Anorexic.

Caption for that image should be 'Fuck you and your food!'

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                                She is right about the movies and RE being a popular name now. Before the movies you ask someone random on the street what RE is most people wouldn't know. Now it is a household name.

Very few video games penetrate the general public like movies can, Mario, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, maybe Sonic in the 90s, Call of Duty now. RE name was never as big as any of these until the movies happened.
                                True but lets pretend for a minute that those 'movies' were actually good movies. How big would the series be then?

But to counter what I just said look at how good the Silent Hill movie was and that did the games no justice. The games saved themselves, the only thing the movies did was to make soccer moms and non-gamers aware of the series and this makes absolutley no difference to gamers because they are non-gamers. So its a moo point.

On a side note I went to see Avengers yesterday and a mini Re trailer was shown and I said outloud what a load of shit and the boy behind me agreed. Lol love it when that happens and it isnt the first time. It's happened to me in Blockbusters, Game, Tesco. I am waiting for the day that someone actually defends them and that will be the day I meet Paul Anderson in person so I can punch him in his stupid asswipe face.

Comment

Working...
                                X