Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil: Retribution (Trailer 6-14-12)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ;_; I'm sorry. I want to hate them. I really do!
    I just don't associate the series' together for some reason. I think the movies are different enough that I can keep them separate. That way I'm not feeling disappointed when I watch them. The only exception to that was the second film, which I don't like very much.

That, and my brain is generally switched to the 'off' position. So it's probably easier for me to enjoy things that others find lame.

Comment

• It wouldn't be so bad if they were just 'So bad it's kinda good' movies. Anderson takes himself (and exposing his wife on a twenty foot screen) way too seriously for that, though. Which is odd given the cheese from which these came...

So instead they're just awful. About the only thing I can think of is the action is usually exciting and coherent, and it looks good. Sadly there seems to be more plothole ridden story segments explaining why Alice is ever more awesome. I just really hope he's going clones over time travel or it was all just a dream.

Comment

• Just watched some more clips, one with Ada and Alice a scene straight out of RE4 another with It, Lebron james, Sawyer and some other douche in a car I didnt make it through that one I turned it off after seeing what appeared to be a giant licker. The last one was the corridor scene lmao I am beginning to understand why people like these films, they are fucking funny. She wraps the chain around her own neck and nothing then wraps it round a zombies neck and INSTANT DEATH! Has anyone seen Kung Pow Tounge Of Fury? I think that film makes more sense then the RE movies, better action and story. I had a good chuckle though hope thats what PA is going for because how anyone can take these seriously I will never understand. Does it feel like one big music video to anyone? Not a very good one at that.

Comment

• Anderson has a keen sense of action sequences* and....... thats about it. He can't write for shit, his dialogue is horrid and if he doesn't have overlay maps or earth shot exteriors he has no idea how to get from one scene to the next. Oh and he constantly adds elements and events just for the visual over any actual common sense.

The worst thing is his best films weren't even written by him (Event Horizon, Mortal Kombat), so when he follows someone elses script with his action sequences he can actually make something half decent. It tells me I might have actually liked this franchise if Anderson was just the director and called his shots on the action stuff, but someone actually wrote some plots that actually fucking make sense.

* Except that clip is horrible this time. I'm sure being from back at Comic Con it's unfinished, but even with the action being done the editing is rough as guts. No fluidness and massive jumps in movement continuinity. Much like the scene in the shower room with the executioner in the last, so maybe it won't change. I have to admit even he's done better than this.

Edit - Just watched the 4 clips from the EPK material that Crimson couldn't get through. Barring that they've trimmed stuff at the start for time, the edit on the fight scene has been tightened up from that Comic Con clip. It does look better. Film does look shit overall still.

That scene with the chain was silly, although I did like her ejecting the magazine from the gun and then kicking it into the zombies face.... as entirely absurd as that is. Maybe I should just laugh my way through the whole thing.

Kei - I'm very jealous of that fact, wish I could just not care about it. My issues is my field is in film/television, so even if I saw this without the Resident Evil angle I'd be pissed at some shitty ass film making - combine that with the Resident Evil stuff, it's not surprising I have such an issue with it.
          Last edited by Rombie; 08-25-2012, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rombie View Post
            Edit - Just watched the 4 clips from the EPK material that Crimson couldn't get through.
            Lol my quote of the month.

I know what you mean I feel exactly the same way at first its shock then anger then sadness and then finally laughter. I think my body is so confused it just runs through my emotions until all I can do is laugh about it.

I have given up now though I was expecting the series to be scrapped after Extinction but here we are 2 movies later and I have a feeling that this nightmare isnt over. No hope left. Even if the series does get scrapped and remade based on the history of videogames to films I dont think we will get much better. Its a crying shame that a series as huge as Resident Evil gets the garbage B-Movie treatment while a COMIC BOOK gets alot more attention, very good actors and a hell of a writer (Season 1).

I would much rather them never make another Resident Evil than see my beloved series bastardised any further. Its so beyond gone to far that its not even in sight anymore. PA has took what I love raped it pissed on it shit on it and is trying to sell it to us. Yet again I have wasted another 10 minutes of my life whining like a little bitch so fuck it im done.

Comment

• The thing is though, these movies aren't even good for mindless action. The action in them is absolutely terrible. I'm also studying to go into the film field and the action in these movies are choreographed terribly. There are so many other movies that I can name that have mindless action but are actually done well and are actually worth your buck. Expendables 2 was one I saw recently if I have to name one. Its just shocking that these movies have gone on for so long, it's not like they do anything spectacular. I'm not even holding hate against them because they have "Resident Evil" slapped on for a title. They're just terrible movies overall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                Anderson has a keen sense of action sequences*
                Has a keen sense of stealing action sequences and scenes from other films and then adding his own stupid twist to it.

Comment

• Oh yeah no doubt he steals stuff all the time, half the first movie is basically Aliens with Zombies and thats not counting the numerous Matrix rips, Kung Fu cinema... hell the chain thing is seemingly inspired by Kill Bill and that in of itself is inspired by several classic fight sequences. I could spend all day pulling each film apart with the references and blatant theft.

But, and it's the only time I do give him credit - and where I disagree with somone like Sepra, because I know how hard it is to shoot a kinecticly engaging fight scene I have to say he can actually pull it off. He's gotten better at it. Go back and watch Aliens Vs. Predator (if you can stomach it, I couldn't) and all the fights are close up... way too close and are hard cuts and really disorienting with lots of crossing lines and blurs of movement. Since then he's moved out a lot wider, gotten better at using his high speed stuff and the flow of his action and it seems he's worked with people on planing it better. It also helps he's using so much wirework and is probably over shooting the fight scenes with numerous takes but that only clearly helps with the edits. It's not something every action director can do, many would take this and butcher it as bad as Anderson does with every other element of his film, so thats why I give him credit for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CrimsonElder View Post
                    Just watched some more clips, one with Ada and Alice a scene straight out of RE4 another with It, Lebron james, Sawyer and some other douche in a car I didnt make it through that one I turned it off after seeing what appeared to be a giant licker. The last one was the corridor scene lmao I am beginning to understand why people like these films, they are fucking funny. She wraps the chain around her own neck and nothing then wraps it round a zombies neck and INSTANT DEATH! Has anyone seen Kung Pow Tounge Of Fury? I think that film makes more sense then the RE movies, better action and story. I had a good chuckle though hope thats what PA is going for because how anyone can take these seriously I will never understand. Does it feel like one big music video to anyone? Not a very good one at that.
                    Can you please give the links to the vids?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vito View Post
                      Can you please give the links to the vids?
                      Argh damn you Vito I dont like advertising this garbage even as an internet link.

We now have four clips from the Paul W.S. Anderson-directed Resident Evil: Retribution 3D, one which pits Alice against Ada Wong, who no longer works for

After you read this message burn it. It must never see the light of day again.

Comment

Argh damn you Vito I dont like advertising this garbage even as an internet link.

We now have four clips from the Paul W.S. Anderson-directed Resident Evil: Retribution 3D, one which pits Alice against Ada Wong, who no longer works for

My throat tightened when I saw the link was Bloody Disgusting... A friend of mine/former boss is a frequent guest writer there and I was hoping he didn't write about this crap. xD Thank goodness, he's not the writer.
                        sigpic

Comment

• CE - Sorry, missed your comments earlier. It's sadly just going to have to take someone eventually doing a video game movie right (to the justice of a comic book film) before that mentality changes. I somehow thing the Resident Evil franchise will probably miss out on that. They just keep on making more and not really messing with the style because they're making decent money. Will be interested to see if the trend continues and this does, the last had the benefit of coming out when people still really gave a rats ass about 3D - I'll be interested to know if that happens this time. I guess the benefit is they picked a week or a space of time with little else on and the movie will ride the buzz over the new game for those who know about it.

A couple of people at my work love the films because they're brainless and silly. I guess that's the general mass appeal. I got into a fairly hefty disagreement with one of them over the content but he did raise an interesing point I may have overlooked. The fact that he's not a big gamer (he plays mostly RTS on PC) so to him most games on consoles are all levels and boss fights, so to him he finds the format of the films to find a format that is akin to that idea... so like when the executioner turned up for no reason it's like when you come across unexplained boss fights. I mean I get that point of view, but I still think it's stupid.

Comment

Man I LOL'd several times. Ada in games: Stab you in the gut and leave you to bleed. Ada in movie: Please don't hurt me, i'm a scared little apologetic puppy dog. Also the cosplay is hilarious, especially Leon and Barry. In the clip where the car slides to a stop, the continuity is horrible.

Before the car stops, the side of the car has huge scratches on it. After it's stopped, nearly all of the scratches are gone and what scratches are still there are in a different spot. As someone who loves video editing to do my best job every time, this is just lazy and embarrassing. If just these short clips are this bad, I can't even imagine how the full thing will be. Or maybe I can.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Ada looks like a fucking child, this is awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexdz View Post
                                Ada looks like a fucking child, this is awful.
                                She's 39 years old. She hardly looks like a child. Younger than her age? Sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X