Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some deaths scenes will crash the game in the PVB depending on the enemy. Normal zombie deaths are functional naturally, but enemies such as a female gorilla will freeze the game.

Comment

• Darkness, I said I could not remember. I have only died once or twice but never watched for those. I usually use room jump to teleport before I died.

EDIT: It seems IGAS deleted one of my posts on their Facebook page. A user on there was wondering if they were going to release their tools for public use. IAGS responded and said no they couldn't due to possible legal action. I replied and said there were already some tools available online for modifying assets in the game and they could mod 1.5 is they wanted. I posted about what some of the tools could do and boom, post deleted.
      Last edited by Zombie_X; 01-05-2014, 07:03 PM.
      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
        EDIT: It seems IGAS deleted one of my posts on their Facebook page. A user on there was wondering if they were going to release their tools for public use. IAGS responded and said no they couldn't due to possible legal action. I replied and said there were already some tools available online for modifying assets in the game and they could mod 1.5 is they wanted. I posted about what some of the tools could do and boom, post deleted.
        Tragedy.
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Clearly ;)

It's just odd, no biggie to me.

Anyways, off to build my MG Sazabi Ver Ka model!
          My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• While IGAS seems to enjoy increasing support, there's a certain kind of attention that they'd rather not attract, if you catch my drift...

If you're feeling generous, why not PM the guy (or gal)? I'm sure if Capcom-Unity monitored my PMs, I wouldn't last much longer there! ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
              While IGAS seems to enjoy increasing support, there's a certain kind of attention that they'd rather not attract, if you catch my drift...

If you're feeling generous, why not PM the guy (or gal)? I'm sure if Capcom-Unity monitored my PMs, I wouldn't last much longer there! ;-)
              I don't think being vague helps anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                I don't think being vague helps anyone.
                The Team IGAS Facebook page is best populated with banal pledges of support, not encouragement to use tools to modify pieces of Capcom's intellectual property.

Comment

• Or you can have people who try and use Team IGAS' name to look like they have access to unreleased material of their own.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                    Or you can have people who try and use Team IGAS' name to look like they have access to unreleased material of their own.
                    I'm not following what you're saying. Regardless of any group or individual that decides to modify the engine to create their own version of BH1.5, they have no authority whatsoever in what classifies as unreleased BH1.5 material. It's same deal with IGAS. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken, but I recall D. Birkin stating that they intended to compile a list of what was re-worked from previous builds and inspired by unreleased BH1.5 material to complete the game. The reason should be obvious - without such an asset, IGAS is no different from any other group out there recreating BH1.5.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
                    BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

• Originally posted by Kegluneq View Post
                      I'm not following what you're saying. Regardless of any group or individual that decides to modify the engine to create their own version of BH1.5, they have no authority whatsoever in what classifies as unreleased BH1.5 material. It's same deal with IGAS. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken, but I recall D. Birkin stating that they intended to compile a list of what was re-worked from previous builds and inspired by unreleased BH1.5 material to complete the game. The reason should be obvious - without such an asset, IGAS is no different from any other group out there recreating BH1.5.
                      Don't worry, it's just a dig at someone here that thinks they're the next IGAS and supposedly had 1.5 before anyone.
                      Last edited by News Bot; 01-06-2014, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• ^I should add (even if it is rather logical when/if you think about it) that whoever managed to initially track down a copy of 1.5, along with several other prototypes in the past, is more likely to be an authority on the front of getting more legit content and/or identifying true from false (in order to make educated decisions on various content matters) than a bunch of people who frollic in their own thrill of "success" brought forth by the prospect of them having succesfully scammed themselves into downloading/acquiring a file that regardless of what type of paper its origin is wrapped in; clearly came from said superior authority on the subject.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                          I should add (even if it is rather logical when/if you think about it) that whoever managed to initially track down a copy of 1.5, along with several other prototypes in the past, is more likely to be an authority on the front of getting more legit content and/or identifying true from false (in order to make educated decisions on various content matters) than a bunch of people who frollic in their own thrill of "success" brought forth by the prospect of them having succesfully scammed themselves into downloading/acquiring a file that regardless of what type of paper its origin is wrapped in; clearly came from said superior authority on the subject.
                          I think we might be discussing different things here. But there are two points I'd like to make regarding your statements:

a.) There's no "superior" authority on the subject. There are more knowledgeable and experienced groups (or individuals) involved in the seeking of builds that produce better results. This nets said group (or individuals) more credibility and respect from the community. However it is a grave mistake that this group (or individuals) can ride this wave and assume that because what they have accomplished in the past means that others will blindly follow what they're told. As always, questioning is a fundamental need to maintain a short of power balance. To provide a tangible example of what I'm trying to say, let's pretend that IGAS claims that the Drains were inspired by parts of the final build they had access to (either through drafts, conceptual artwork or screenshots). I would not take such an affirmation at face-value unless they could provide proof of their claim.

b.) It would be wise to assume that there will always be new people who are perfectly capable of accomplishing what others have done before in the past. A community is born out of the mutual fondness from a subject. Years of experience and contacts provide some individuals with means to get what most can't. It's arrogant to assume that the status quo can't be changed though. Take a good look at Project Umbrella and NewsBot. This website came into fruition long after the Resident Evil community had been established, but the collective work of these individuals has provided one of the best, if not the best, source for Resident Evil information. New members can always improve what exists in a community, as long as they are humble enough to study and learn from what they've been handed by people who did what they are trying to do before.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
                          BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

• Ahhhhhh ... how I miss the days when things were less known, the community was less polarized, and we could engage in free-form speculation and best guesses without everybody jumping down each other's throat. Oh, well ... that was then, and this is now. Just one example of how a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

-_^
                            Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                            Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by RMandel View Post
                              Ahhhhhh ... how I miss the days when things were less known, the community was less polarized, and we could engage in free-form speculation and best guesses without everybody jumping down each other's throat. Oh, well ... that was then, and this is now. Just one example of how a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

-_^
                              Coming from the same guy who, despite me being very active and the site's FAQ detailing its entire history, flat-out stated that Project Umbrella was some derivative knock-off by a disgruntled staff member on another site...

Generally, only people incapable of fact-checking tend to get all depressy-wessy when speculation becomes pointless. Shit-flinging is more dangerous than "a little knowledge." There's nothing preventing free-form speculation or best guesses. Nobody's jumping down anyone's throat. The only even remotely possible time this would happen is a situation in which a fact has already been established, and there is no longer any need for speculation--- it is pointless babble at that point. Then there is pushing speculation as fact, which both you and certain other people are guilty of. Granted, you've improved.

Not having any evidence and not saying "this is just what I think" when speculating is far more "dangerous." It's frankly misleading, and annoys me greatly since it's been one of the biggest challenges since we started PU: sifting through the accumulation of genuine and the not-so-genuine.
                              Last edited by News Bot; 01-09-2014, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• Facts shouldn't be so difficult to confirm. Pieces of information are, by default, speculation until a credible source can be pointed to. Sometimes a given source's credibility can be debatable too. The trouble arises when people interpret speculative information as fact, and then relay it as such. I'm sure I've been guilty of this to some degree in the past, but lately I've developed a veneer of skepticism, which seems to be the hallmark of those who stick around this community for long enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X