Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty sure, as is typical Capcom, the source model was used/edited to create multiple people/zombies in the intro (and other FMVs). Iron is definitely the officer that gets eaten by zombies/smashed by a helicopter, and the zombie that jumps out from behind Leon and Claire is the Leon model edited to look more like a civilian (except they didn't change the hair).

Comment

• Originally posted by Renard View Post
      Nope, one of the zombies are John. Notice the suspenders.

Suspenders = John is not very good evidence.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
        Pretty sure, as is typical Capcom, the source model was used/edited to create multiple people/zombies in the intro (and other FMVs). Iron is definitely the officer that gets eaten by zombies/smashed by a helicopter, and the zombie that jumps out from behind Leon and Claire is the Leon model edited to look more like a civilian (except they didn't change the hair).
        I like your theories!

Comment

• Originally posted by B.Zork View Post
          in world of customized resident evil content i wonder what is it people have as favorite? is ok to have guilty pleasure
          I dunno. Probably custom and well done voice acting. Second place would go to Cutscenes/encounters/storyline.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
            While that doesn't definitively prove that it's the same model that would have appeared in 1.5 it seems a bit too coincidental that a bunch of zombies resembling some of the 1.5 cast and the Irons look-a-like officer were completely unrelated at the time of their implementation.
            Last edited by Graco; 09-03-2014, 04:25 PM.
            sigpic
            "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

Lol, this forum never fails to surprise me.

Comment

I was half-serious and used the suspenders as an example, but if you wanna go, we can go. They have the same exact clothes on, including colors, and they also have the same body type, face shape, and hairstyle. I also noticed the FMV model's hair has really jagged bangs, similar the 1.5 PVB's John model.

Click image for larger version

Name:	26tdyw.png
Views:	1
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	403754

Plus Leon's model in the FMV is basically his 1.5 design because of the knife holder. So it's obvious that they reused models and other assets from 1.5's FMVs when making retail's FMVs. But you can think what you want, I won't stop you. I can't tell if you're being serious or not either.

Originally posted by Scream View Post
                Lol, this forum never fails to surprise me.
                I thought you were a staff member here. What kind of talk is that?

Comment

They have the same exact clothes on, including colors, and they also have the same body type, face shape, and hairstyle. I also noticed the FMV model's hair has really jagged bangs, similar the 1.5 PVB's John model.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9730[/ATTACH]

Huh, that's kinda interesting. They really did cut a lot of corners redoing this whole game.
                  If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

Comment

• Easier explanation: they had been using 1.5 artworks as a reference for the intro; all the zombies in there come from said artwork batch, no real mystery or previous assets involved. As for Leon, his prototype design is almost identical to the final one except for a few minor details, no wonder why they could be easily mixed up.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                    , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• sometime there just was coincidence. i think.

Comment

So it's obvious that they reused models and other assets from 1.5's FMVs when making retail's FMVs.
                        Sorry but it's not obvious, it's still speculation. Similarities are often just similarities. Reminds me of the speculation that Leon would become a Zombie simply because another Zombie in the intro has a similar hairstyle/color.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying there's no way to tell if you're right.
                        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I thought you were a staff member here. What kind of talk is that?
                          I didn't mean anything serious, just didn't expect that conversation when checking the thread so it made me chuckle.

Comment

• IMAGICA stated that the hardest part of their job on Biohazard 2 was redoing all of the FMV, but what you have to consider is what that job actually entails. 3D modeling and texturing is only part of their job, what they also had to do was hire actors for motion capture and create all of the animations used in the FMV. Presuming that they had basic assets from the prototype to use like shown in the behind the scenes footage above, the first port of call would have been to bring back the actors and have them redo all of the animations. This would be a significant job in its self even if all they had modeled for 1.5 was concept stuff.

What's interesting to note is that Claire's model is the only one that shows significant improvements, probably because Claire was replacing Elza and they needed to create new assets to work with. I ask my self, why mix low poly models with high poly models in concept videos if you actually had something of greater significance for Leon, or something of lesser significance for Claire?

I'd imagine the reason retail's FMV characters resemble 1.5 is because starting everything from scratch would seriously increase the work load and add delays to Capcom's already overdue schedule. It would be far less time consuming and far more efficient to continue the work you had already started and continue working on the 1.5 models/textures, than it would be to start over just to remove minor details. I highly doubt it if 1.5's FMV was actually finalized and I would suspect that these images above show genuine 1.5 assets being implemented into the new concept videos, at least they have a much higher chance of being from 1.5 than what's in the retail FMV.
                            Last edited by Guest; 09-04-2014, 08:16 AM.

Comment

• Wow thanks for posting those. I've never seen them before.
                              sigpic
                              "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Really cool stuff holy shit! I guess the fact that Imagica stated what you said above proves that they atleast worked on fmv's for 1.5 and maybe even finished them.

Comment

Working...
                                X