Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So is it just me, or are the railings supposed to have glass panels in between the vertical columns? I thought the gaps in between were too wide, but then I realized they probably meant to have glass panels installed there. I suppose they just turned it off to save rendering time, or that they haven't gotten around to implementing the transparent masks for those yet. But if not, then they really should add more columns, those gaps are just waiting for someone (or the plant) to fall through one of them.

Some variations. Left one is what I mean by the above statement. Personally I'd rather they just add more columns and dull the rail:

Click image for larger version

Name:	stairwell.png
Views:	1
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	403562
    Last edited by biohazard_star; 02-03-2014, 03:08 AM.
    Seibu teh geimu?
    ---

Comment

• Just been rewatching the Pure Pure Vol. 7 blink an you'll miss it clip, in the middle stand their appears to be an unseen room with two characters facing towards the camera, with the character to the right moving even further forward. The other room on second right stand appears to be the leon grenade sewer room seen in the hyper remix video.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
        Just been rewatching the Pure Pure Vol. 7 blink an you'll miss it clip, in the middle stand their appears to be an unseen room with two characters facing towards the camera, with the character to the right moving even further forward. The other room on second right stand appears to be the leon grenade sewer room seen in the hyper remix video.
        All of the rooms shown at that event have been accounted for well over a year ago. I had drawn this diagram to illustrate:

Name:	TGS_map.png
Size:	981.3 KB
ID:	403563

Comment

• for what it's worth, i think too the stairs look way too clean. We need something like the corridors in retail, where you can easily see that something terrible happened.

and of course i hope that the windows will be there in final build.

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
            1. Fill in the underside of the stairs with a concrete slope.
            I totally agree with this one, again those stairs look off.
            Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
            2. Add in the windows, which are part of the official design, as seen in the outdoor area
            I don't think it's really necessary, but who knows.
            3. Make the rail less shiny, in order to better match the look of the metal rails in the official RE games.
            Definitely.
            4. Add a bloodstain or two, maybe some clutter.
            I don't know if adding bloodstain is a good idea. There's not a lot of them to start with and it looks kind of cheap. But definitely add some mess and get rid of the plant... The RPD is known for its bland and sterile environments, adding shinny stuff and plants doesn't really make sense I think.

Comment

• Hmm, I wouldn't notice any of that stuff if I was just playing the game. Shiny hand rails look pretty cool to me, I could see myself walking up and down those stairs definitely.

Comment

• I don't think it's really necessary, but who knows.
                All evidence points to there being a window on each floor landing though. It seems silly to recreate the room and omit the one thing we know for sure the original developers intended to place in it. The exact location and type of window used is visible in the outdoor area.

I don't know if adding bloodstain is a good idea. There's not a lot of them to start with and it looks kind of cheap. But definitely add some mess and get rid of the plant... The RPD is known for its bland and sterile environments, adding shinny stuff and plants doesn't really make sense I think.
                It's more of a compromise for the people who think the stairwell should be the location of a bloodbath. Honestly though, I think much of the 1.5 RPD gets its grimey look from the type of wall and floor textures used. The rooms themselves are relatively clutter-free. It's like everyone who worked there knew not to litter, but no one ever bothered to scrub the floors and walls.
                Seibu teh geimu?
                ---

Comment

• I love the comments about blood stains when clearly not even CAPCOM added them in every single room because "there's zombie apocalypse, we better make it show". What I would expect to see to make backgrounds "realistic" is stains of other types, which can be seen in those renders already in at least a couple shots (i.e. dirty water/whatever liquid pouring from the ceiling). And of course, that missing window on 2F, if it's really missing, judging from a couple limited "YET REVEALING!" pixels of said area. As for railway shininess, wall textures, staircase support, and plastic plants, they all seem like alienated rants to me.
                  Last edited by Gemini; 02-03-2014, 06:39 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                  , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• railway shininess
                    To be fair, it really does stand out in a room which has grimey concrete walls with all sorts of nasty looking stains. Otherwise this shitstorm over a... glossy clean handrail wouldn't have started in the first place. But welp, these are apparently non-finalized renders so who knows what they have already changed between the time these pictures were taken and when they were posted yesterday. Same thing with the lack of windows.
                    Last edited by biohazard_star; 02-03-2014, 07:07 AM.
                    Seibu teh geimu?
                    ---

Comment

• I don't think it's an "alienated" rant. It just doesn't fit with well the rest of the RPD imo.

I think that in their process of making it look retail they are doing the mistake of trying too hard. It's a trap to try to make things too good looking. It would be like adding in RE1 backgrounds similar to what we find in RE3, it just wouldn't fit well with the rest of the game. 1.5 is already affected by that issue when we compare the factory/lab with the RPD, but I think the RPD really needs to keep its uniformity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                        that gif needs to go, and by it needs to go, i mean take it the fuck out your sig.
                        I am sorry but I will not be able to fulfill your request

Comment

• WOW .. the **** really hit the fan on this one huh LOL

The way I see it, I'll play the darn game whatever IGAS put in it, period - Just expressing my opinion is all..

The problem I have with the stairs/rail design is it doesn't look very 1998 to me .. seems more modern than that - if it was made more basic or even matched the other stairwell we have seen - this would fit in better and the design of the RPD would be pretty symmetrical.
                          I mean, normally when people build buildings they use similar designs and materials right?
                          "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Eteponge View Post
                            Maybe Team IGAS could add blood and stuff on the stairwell, then add a file to the game explaining why the fuck a bunch of bleeding zombies would be humping the stairwell.
                            Why do you think a file is necessary? There is no need to be adding background storyline to what happened in the RPD - and to be fair, it takes away the magic from the player imagining it. Much like Resident Evil 3, you're meant to immerse yourself in the destruction and chaos of the zombie apocalypse through the finer details of the BGs. Certain files tell us what happened in locations but they don't spoon-fed you the entire story. Example: the 5 T-102's and 11 U.S Special Force soldiers in the Dead Factory and two U.S Special Force soldiers in the Hospital. The game does not tell you what exactly happened but as you can deduce, the only survivors of that battle were probably badly injured and tried to get some medical supplies to heal their wounds only to fall prey to Hunter βs.

Not every location needs to have a story - only enough vagueness that allows the player to try to understand what went down in that particular location and speculate on it. This was one of the greatest advantages of pre-rendered backgrounds; the amount of detail that can be crafted into them allows the developing team to spark their creativity and do things in more effective and subtle ways than direct narrative - and in turn give fans more replay value when they pay more attention to other things in subsequent runs.

One of the questions, maybe a week ago, was what drew the THIA community towards BH1.5. Coming from someone who saw the first images of this game back in 98 from an imported gaming magazine a friend of mine had and watched the videos for the first time somewhere in 2002/2003 when a lot of information was still being dug up, to me, BH1.5 always felt distinctive from retail due to the creepy, eerie atmosphere created by the catastrophic and destructive BGs. It genuinely feels like everything has gone to shit and that's shown, in different degrees and ways, in almost every single BG we have seen so far. If I want to play a game with beautiful, clean and polished BGs, I'll just go play the superior work of Capcom in the form of retail instead of a fan recreation.

Also, what is with some of you people attacking each other? Part of the reason IGAS gives updates is so they can receive feedback from the fans. Now, not all of that feedback is going to be pretty, but that doesn't mean it's not potentially helpful. That's what constructive criticism is, after all. If you keep on rudely shooting down other people's comments, all you're doing is discouraging other people who might have something helpful to say from posting. The people working on the game aren't omniscient. They probably have leverage with regards to exclusive info, but that doesn't mean they can work on the game without doing any research, like what they did with picking an appropriate stairwell design. Feedback on things like the rail's gloss and lack of windows might seem nitpicky, but they are helpful since they give the 3d modeller feedback on what to change or improve. Let IGAS separate the wheat from the chaff on their own. They're grown adults after all, and they seem rational, professional and cool-headed enough to accept comments. They don't need people policing the comments for them, since the last thing we want is a stagnant thread with nothing but "happy" censored comments that don't actually contribute to generating feedback. I mean, it seems like we have people here telling how good the room looks, without even realizing the glaring lack of windows on all three floors that's part of the official layout. IGAS may or may not consider our suggestions in improving the game, but those suggestions are for them to consider and not for the people here to censor/police.
                            Because people aren't allowed to provide constructive feedback unless you're dick-sucking IGAS all the way down the throat. Feedback is welcome but only if you say nice words. Instead of treating IGAS professionally and with respect, you should treat them like a bunch of emotional retards who can't be told anything negative - otherwise they might just throw a child-tantrum and tell the community to fuck themselves because that's probably the level of maturity that these people complaining have - even if it's an honest effort to help them in ways they might have missed; and of course, this is coming from people who have studied the game and actually provide sources and facts instead of a random complain.

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                            I love the comments about blood stains when clearly not even CAPCOM added them in every single room because "there's zombie apocalypse, we better make it show". What I would expect to see to make backgrounds "realistic" is stains of other types, which can be seen in those renders already in at least a couple shots (i.e. dirty water/whatever liquid pouring from the ceiling). And of course, that missing window on 2F, if it's really missing, judging from a couple limited "YET REVEALING!" pixels of said area. As for railway shininess, wall textures, staircase support, and plastic plants, they all seem like alienated rants to me.
                            Capcom did had them in about 1/3 of the RPD, though. If you also add mayhem and chaos to the equation, that's about 2/3 of the RPD. And considering that this would be a highly traffic area during a zombie apocalypse with a lot of injuries and causalities from police officers (medical room is located in the 2F and the offices are located in the 1F) I'd expect that place to be in a lot worse condition than dirty water/whatever liquid pouring from the ceiling - which is more of a proper style for stairwell B1 and B2.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
                            BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	psxfin%u002525202012-06-23%252022-18-22-50.jpg
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	403564

Name:	psxfin%u002525202012-06-23%252022-55-20-97.jpg
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	403565

this is how it should be.

Comment

• Originally posted by warren View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]9475[/ATTACH]
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]9476[/ATTACH]

this is how it should be.
                                in retail is like this for street level zombies and windows boarded up to avoid hordes breaking in. for comparison to 1.5 in this scenario you look at 1.5 rpd and factory lobbies. only mess in rpd lobby is zombies in reception and glass from elza entrance. situation is visible more controlled and less chaos than retail

Comment

Working...
                                X