Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NEOMEGA View Post
    Keep in mind that these fixes could potentially exceed a what if official released version. Let's not forget the little front lobby ramp mistake capcom left in retail.
    It's exactly that kind of glaring mistake that shouldn't be repeated (and Capcom tried to retroactively rectify this grade difference in later titles). I still wonder what the hell those designers were thinking when they modeled the retail-era precinct... Like seriously, you have to try to mess that up...

As for the 1.5-era precinct, the northern and southern outdoor areas are on different elevations. Rather than assuming it was a mistake on Capcom's part, however, I interpreted it as the existence of a topographical slope running the north-south span of the building's footprint.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
      First floor of the RPD should be about 5 meters tall, which makes that window appear at least 3 meters away from ground level. If the window is there, it's just a meter above what you indicate, ergo not visible in that camera range.
      I think we just disagree on the elevation of the precinct. If you believe that the floor of the 1F stairwell landing is at-grade with the pavement south of the precinct, then yes, the window would appear just a metre above what I indicated, and would thus indeed not be visible in that camera range. However, there is clear evidence of a ramp leading up to the Lobby's entrance:

Click image for larger version

Name:	00000430.png
Views:	2
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	403570Click image for larger version

Name:	00000067.png
Views:	5
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	403571

Nah, it's the same even in the back area with Ada inside the truck.
      That's potentially explained by my slope theory posted above.

If you're correct, then the 1F ceiling height is at least a metre higher than that of 2F. Is this the case?
      Last edited by Enigmatism415; 02-03-2014, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• I did consider the entrance slope and it's more than likely the whole ground level of the RPD is exactly the same, indoor and outdoor. It wouldn't be that weird to super-elevate the whole building perimeter since even the back door in room 104 seems to indicate so.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
        , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
          I did consider the entrance slope and it's more than likely the whole ground level of the RPD is exactly the same, indoor and outdoor. It wouldn't be that weird to super-elevate the whole building perimeter since even the back door in room 104 seems to indicate so.
          So you're saying that the outdoor perimeter (the northern side of which can be seen in ROOM104 and ROOM109) has an elevated surface as well? If you examine the crash site of Ada's van, the vehicle seems to be sitting on a level surface, both within the walls and outside of them. If that 'backyard' area (109) were 'super-elevated', wouldn't the crash look different?

Comment

• Stop one ridiculous RE 1.5 argument, ignite another. Until the end of time, or the demo gets released, whichever comes first. And if the demo does, yet another argument of "wish they had done this", "wish they had done that!" gets repeated here ad infinitum forever. It's like being in a Disney version of Resident Evil hell, only the Imagineers have no imagination.
            Last edited by Eteponge; 02-03-2014, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEOMEGA View Post
              Let's not forget the little front lobby ramp mistake capcom left in retail.
              There's also a similar mistake in retail's sewers. Oh, Capcom.

The only true issues are the missing windows and the fact that the stairs aren't structurally stable. They need support, stairs like that would crumble in real life, especially with railing in them. They need to be filled underneath. In fact, I don't think it's even possible to make stairs like that in real life. It's been bothering the hell out of me. Anyone know if IGAS has any positions open for an architect-in-training? But the writing(?) on that bottom step looks interesting. Doesn't look like "THIS TOO SHALL PASS" either.

In regards to the models, it looks like Leon is holding a machine gun in both of his. Elza is looking cool slashing her knife in the left one, but what gun is she holding on the right? Also, what is behind her in the corner under the stairs in the first picture?

Comment

• Leon is holding the flame thrower. The weapon has a dark red fuel canister attached to it. I agree with you about the stairs. Those would not hold in real life without additional support placed at the bottom. Other than that, great renders, shiny railings and everything. I even love the plant, it's a lone island of life amidst the sea of death. Nice touch.

Jesus Christ with this thread. The IGAS team guys must be laughing their asses off.
                Last edited by Northman; 02-03-2014, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Renard View Post
                  There's also a similar mistake in retail's sewers. Oh, Capcom.

The only true issues are the missing windows and the fact that the stairs aren't structurally stable. They need support, stairs like that would crumble in real life, especially with railing in them. They need to be filled underneath. In fact, I don't think it's even possible to make stairs like that in real life. It's been bothering the hell out of me. Anyone know if IGAS has any positions open for an architect-in-training? But the writing(?) on that bottom step looks interesting. Doesn't look like "THIS TOO SHALL PASS" either.

In regards to the models, it looks like Leon is holding a machine gun in both of his. Elza is looking cool slashing her knife in the left one, but what gun is she holding on the right? Also, what is behind her in the corner under the stairs in the first picture?

Uh, actually Bzork posted a link to real life stairs like that. Foot in mouth?

Originally posted by B.Zork View Post
                  hello again! most renders you see in pictures of release at times is quick test render where complex effects are turned off to save time many include placeholder object for many reason. we do many quick renders when test for easy trying of either camera angle or compression artifacting and atmosphere look on screen in game. what is it people see is problem with stairs? we had do many talks in group of how to design stairs in modern building like rpd because the stair room 1 and 2 are both very compact room and lead graphic designer did search on concrete stair design that save space and this became one inspiration http://www.contemporist.com/2010/12/...se-by-gruposp/

Comment

• [edit]Curse you dorian! Next time I'll 1up you![/edit]

Originally posted by Renard View Post
                    The only true issues are the missing windows and the fact that the stairs aren't structurally stable. They need support, stairs like that would crumble in real life, especially with railing in them. They need to be filled underneath. In fact, I don't think it's even possible to make stairs like that in real life. It's been bothering the hell out of me. Anyone know if IGAS has any positions open for an architect-in-training?
                    Pretty sure they already covered their design choice;

Originally posted by B.Zork View Post
                    we had do many talks in group of how to design stairs in modern building like rpd because the stair room 1 and 2 are both very compact room and lead graphic designer did search on concrete stair design that save space and this became one inspiration http://www.contemporist.com/2010/12/...se-by-gruposp/
                    Last edited by Carnivol; 02-03-2014, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northman View Post
                      Leon is holding the flame thrower. The weapon has a dark red fuel canister attached to it.
                      OH whoops. Colorblind over here.

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                      Pretty sure they already covered their design choice;
                      That is a VERY nice 90s police station in midwestern America.
                      Last edited by Renard; 02-03-2014, 09:49 PM.

Comment

• The concept behind the 1.5 police department (and city) was that it was supposed to be a kind of metropolis, not the run down mid-western precinct/city we got in retail. It's not really that big of a stretch.

Jumping on the band wagon, I also want to say that stairs would be the easiest places to secure by way of the doors and multiple exists. It's not unbelievable to think that the police officers were careful to secure such an important area, as in, being careful to not draw attention to zombies before using the staircase and making sure to close/barricade the doors behind them when possible. As such, I take no offence to their tidy nature.

To use an example, the original Dawn of the Dead had the survivors using a similar strategy, where the stairwell was their escape root, and the path that led to their safe house. It was raided when they drew too much attention, but throughout the whole film, they were extremely careful to prevent zombies from entering the area.

Comment

• Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
                          Uh, actually Bzork posted a link to real life stairs like that. Foot in mouth?
                          Slope is still too high in the render, compare it to the picture. It still wouldn't work. And again, the railing needs way more foundation. What the fuck does foot in mouth mean.

Comment

• This is great work so far, and I don't care so much about what the game looks like, I just can't wait to play it in a more complete form.

Comment

• Originally posted by Renard View Post
                              Slope is still too high in the render, compare it to the picture. It still wouldn't work. And again, the railing needs way more foundation. What the fuck does foot in mouth mean.
                              Comparing the IGAS shot to the designer house, you have the following differences that play a key role in making the RPD design very plausable;

1. Stairs connected to the wall; giving support from wall (also permitting internal reinforcement armature to extend from the wall and not just be entirely self-reliant)
                              2. Stairs steeper in vertical angle; creating more vertical strain on structure than it would do horizontally if they weren't as steep (lengthy stairs might require bridge-like support solutions)
                              3. Stairs shorter in overall length; meaning less weight to carry in general for the two points it connects between. (same as above)

Fancy concrete work is hardly anything new, though, just go look up dome constructions in ancient Rome and such ;D

(also, "foot in mouth" is a pretty common idiom in many languages/cultures)

Comment

• Considering the fact that the 1.5 Rpd was better equipped and not led by a psychotic rapist, i'm going to assume that the reason so many areas are clean is because they were able to hold out better than the retail RPD did. Things didn't really seem to fall to shit until Elza crashed the lobby. As for the stairs and railing....seriously people ?

Comment

Working...
                                X