Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

MajorKisaragiX as Leon, I'd to heat some more from him.
    Remember voice's can be stretcher to sound deeper older or shortened to sound younger with pratically any modern audio editing tool, you can even change gender.
    Last edited by Mikhail; 02-28-2014, 03:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
      No he's not. There's absolutely no conviction in this dub, the guy's just reading the script.

Elza sounds like a 10 years old girl.......

That's what frightens me the most, people's low expectations when it comes to dubs. The voice acting in these videos is atrocious, I really don't understand how it is possible that anyone can find them decent.
      what. The guy who played Leon was great. What emotion is he supposed to be showing? During that scene I wouldn't expect any shouting or any Adaaaaa!

Ffs let's hear you do better lol
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris' Boob View Post
        what. The guy who played Leon was great.
        It's mediocre.

Comment

• People are saying that Elza has has retail animations in that video. What do they mean? It cant be with the vanilla idle/walking pistol animations because the video doesnt give her the chance to show if she has them or not so is it just a bit of all the animations shes using? I would be feel really nice if she is using retail animations while leon uses the vanilla ones because that was my idea I gave but will that mean that Marvin will be using elzas vanilla ones?
          Do you feel that that lock pad seems a bit advanced/sleek looking for the game?
          B.Zork, have you guys found additional unused/unfinished coding that hinted how the target practice puzzle was going to function or maybe if my thoughts of 3D item examination was planned to be a feature?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
            No he's not. There's absolutely no conviction in this dub, the guy's just reading the script.

Elza sounds like a 10 years old girl.......

That's what frightens me the most, people's low expectations when it comes to dubs. The voice acting in these videos is atrocious, I really don't understand how it is possible that anyone can find them decent.
            Yeah I agree he was okay(ish) but I would not want him doing the voice for leon.
            Last edited by chrisliam2; 02-28-2014, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• It is my dub, I figured mediocre is what I should aim for considering the first game. Even the little voice acting in the complete disc seemed flat. I feel I could easily do better and I am happy to receive this criticism.

Thank you

Comment

• Leon was okay in my opinion. Better than others that I've heard.

Of course, it's hard because we all already have set voices for these characters in our heads. For instance, we all expect to hear something similar to Paul Haddad whenever we hear a Leon dub. So there's a bias factor.

Comment

• Voice acting must be an insane job to do properly.. Obviosuly showing emotion (without overdoing it) is key here. I'm sure IGAS has a solid VO team in mind already anyway.
                  Not to mention we all know how Leon sounds - which is why he is nearly impossible to copy. Elza,John, Sherry etc could sound like anything and I'd be fine with that.
                  "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• There are some good voice actors on Newgrounds and YouTube that IGAS could probably ask.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                      [edit] ^The wonky trick of utilizing a blank piece of data at the end (ZNULL.DAT) that overlaps with an audio track is, as far as I know, mainly a Capcom thing and something that was utilized as an ancient type of copy protection (since most 90s consumer recording equipment and software can't replicate that structure properly) [/edit]

Not sure how the multi-disc PSN packages are tailored by publishers/Sony (in terms of how they handle blank data, compression, etc. at default settings), but pretty sure that if the 2 disc pack for RE2 comes out at only 758 MB; then that includes basic recognition of duplicate data on each disc's ISO. So that basically means pretty much every single shared asset between the two discs is compressed in the form of every second iteration (disc 2) just referring to the (then uncompressed) data in the first iteration -- which I guess would (or could) produce that 758mb pack of both discs.
                      Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                      I have no idea where you got your information from, but it's all wrong. PlayStation disks are like any others produced in the 90's, so 74 minutes and with a capacity of 720-730 MB in raw data. XA sectors count as almost raw data, with error detection reduced to a bare minimum, meaning audio+video sectors (Mode 2 Form 2) take less room than user data (Mode 2 Form 1). That said, the 3 minutes of empty data, included in almost every game out there in a way or another, are already on the RE2 disks, meaning the developers still had around 60 MB of room to spare for data expansions. And when I say "almost in every game" I mean that you don't necessarily need to include it as some games totally ignore it, such as Chrono Cross.
                      ZNULL.DAT is used to shorten the disc to 71Min to prevent Disc Read Errors when burned to a
                      74Min disc because original ps1 lasers had problems reading past 71min, it pushes the SYSTEM.CNF & PSX.EXE closer to the middle of the disc, SYSTEM.CNF is always the last burned file discounting ZNULL.DAT and the first file to be read by the laser, if PSX.EXE is named PSX.EXE instead of SLPS, SCES,
                      SCUS etc then no SYSTEM.CNF boot file is needed, files burned at the end of the
                      disc read quicker than those towards the middle, less disc rotations per sector.
                      You only need SYSTEM.CNF in the PathTable game files and PSX.EXE can be
                      hidden, don't hide PSX.EXE if no SYSTEM.CNF is supplied, game files can still be
                      hidden.
                      PS1 discs are listed as 71Min even though they are 74Min, Sony's official CD-GEN gives you the option to limit it to a 71,63 or 18 min disc, but many developers didn't like using Sony's crappy software CDREC to burn them ASPI issues, so offered a css2cti as an alternative which is where the ZNULL.DAT came about because those alternative software at the time didn't those limit options so a ZNULL.DAT was needed to shorten to 71Min.

74:00:52
                      -2352x13408=31535616bytes
                      =71:00:52

I'm not sure why ps games contain a blank CDDA track, probably to introduce read
                      error's when being copied or maybe they originaly intended to have a MIL-CD type
                      format like SEGA, libcrypt / subchannel protection is completley different where they
                      intentionally insert currupt sectors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
                        it pushes the SYSTEM.CNF & PSX.EXE closer to the middle of the disc, SYSTEM.CNF is always the last burned file discounting ZNULL.DAT
                        Some games have the very first sectors (usually counting from 23) set up as boot data, executable, and SYSTEM.CNF, meaning none of these necessarily needed to be at the end of the disk or barely close to that position. There simply isn't any standard, it was the developer's choice how they would work and arrange file layout.

PS1 discs are listed as 71Min even though they are 74Min, Sony's official CD-GEN gives you the option to limit it to a 71,63 or 18 min disc
                        These are the options CD-Gen offered, coming straight out of a random Programmer Tools doc:

They are treated as 74 minute disks even in the prototype phases, meaning 71 was more like a convention of sorts in order to avoid the last 3 minutes to be used for storing actual data, but Sony did allow them. The real different between PSX black disks and regular CD-R was the way error detection works. Black disks are likely to produce less errors, according to the official docs.

I'm not sure why ps games contain a blank CDDA track
                        It's just a substitute for the 3 minute lead out padding. Early titles used it, then developers quit using this method and moved to something else entirely. Some of them had custom utilities with the only purpose of creating custom ISO 9660 data.
                        Last edited by Gemini; 03-01-2014, 09:24 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                        , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Question guys, would my PS1 read a 650MB disc better than a 700MB disc? Question being that I want to want to burn 1.5 to the best possible media. I already have some Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim CD-R's, but if 650MB raises efficiency and compatibility, then I'll use that.
                          My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• There's plenty of voice talent out there, the question is who they can find with the proper recording equipment and that's trustworthy enough not to leak the script. As for those official voice snippets we heard in the complete vid, i think they were just added in post production. I don't think the voices we heard were the final ones, capcom just didn't want to showcase silent footage.

Comment

• I thought Leon sounded great in that scene with Ada in the Laboratory, but some people seem to be forgetting that reverb, distance, and microphone type are indispensable variables; the reverb really needs to match the room as closely as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                                Question guys, would my PS1 read a 650MB disc better than a 700MB disc? Question being that I want to want to burn 1.5 to the best possible media. I already have some Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim CD-R's, but if 650MB raises efficiency and compatibility, then I'll use that.
                                Underburning shouldn't make any difference, 1.5 content is under 650MB anyway, just burn at the lowest possible speed with imgburn, in most cases AWS is pre-selected automatically, 1x-18x try to find a speed where the writer constantly writes at the same speed without dropping down waiting to rebuffer.
                                Quality media is quality media though, you get what you pay for.

Comment

Working...
                                X