Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question for you, did you guys come up with a voice acting script yet ? or you're still not sure whether to implement voice acting in the game or not ?

Comment

• I'll be happy with anything IGAS give us but there are a few things I would like to know.

1) will the demo have difficulty selection ? if not I take it will appear in your full version. Id like a hard mode like the pc retail version.
      2) will Elza and leon both be selectable for your demo version ?
      3) when you shoot a zombie 3 times he drops automatically. has that been fixed yet ?
      4) how are you going to tackle the animation of the gorilla breaking out of the van is it hard to create your own ?
      5) will the grenade launcher be able to cause more blood splatter and blow zombies in half just like in the old trailers ?

I understand if you can't answer , thanks for the new video trailer was a very nice supprise good look to you all and thanks for all the hard work you guys are putting into this , I feel like im going back to the 90's again

Comment

• Originally posted by Graco View Post
        1.) I've just a question in general in regards to the process of creating content for the game. How difficult has it been thus far creating balance between ammo and enemies, deciding how many and where, creating the plot and puzzles, etc? A lot of people focus on the technical aspects or specifics but overlook the bigger picture. To set a goal of creating a 90's Capcom quality is no easy task and I'm curious as to how challenging it has been.
        balance is tricky task. always alive with constant changing. maybe adding missing room or alter placement of keyitem can affect all of game flow so we need to rebalance... we look at many other games from both old and new where relevant to get inspiration and feel for what is good design and right pace. i think motto for balance of weapon and enemy maybe become something between 'count your bullets' and 'make every bullet count'

Originally posted by Graco View Post
        2.). Video footage of the final build contains music not found in the 40% version. Will the team be recreating these pieces as well as their own original work and if so has any been composed yet?
        decision for how work with any missing asset for audio is not fully made. all content familiar from old media is to be feature and implemented if understood as part of what would make final intent and design of original developer. reference material is many.

Originally posted by originalzombie View Post
        I have a question for you, did you guys come up with a voice acting script yet ? or you're still not sure whether to implement voice acting in the game or not ?
        script not final and only placeholder audio exist as proof-of-concept. most old dialog still same as mzd build. in case of no voice acting we maybe do more use of accent in subtitles. if voice acting is in full we do neutral subtitle using accented audio if natural for character and actor combination.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisliam2 View Post
          I'll be happy with anything IGAS give us but there are a few things I would like to know.

1) will the demo have difficulty selection ? if not I take it will appear in your full version. Id like a hard mode like the pc retail version.
          2) will Elza and leon both be selectable for your demo version ?
          3) when you shoot a zombie 3 times he drops automatically. has that been fixed yet ?
          4) how are you going to tackle the animation of the gorilla breaking out of the van is it hard to create your own ?
          5) will the grenade launcher be able to cause more blood splatter and blow zombies in half just like in the old trailers ?

I understand if you can't answer , thanks for the new video trailer was a very nice supprise good look to you all and thanks for all the hard work you guys are putting into this , I feel like im going back to the 90's again
          3 i thikn this just a balance function. every bullet may vary
          4 we make script for scene missing like this. diffuclt is in when to time creation of it
          5 gib is a balance thing to be sorted out.

Comment

• Originally posted by B.Zork View Post
            3 i thikn this just a balance function. every bullet may vary
            4 we make script for scene missing like this. diffuclt is in when to time creation of it
            5 gib is a balance thing to be sorted out.
            thanks B.Zork

Comment

balance is tricky task. always alive with constant changing. maybe adding missing room or alter placement of keyitem can affect all of game flow so we need to rebalance... we look at many other games from both old and new where relevant to get inspiration and feel for what is good design and right pace. i think motto for balance of weapon and enemy maybe become something between 'count your bullets' and 'make every bullet count'
              This is something that interests me because game balance is a sensitive thing. For example, Resident Evil 1's Chris Advanced Mode didn't leave much room for mistakes, in particular if one was not familiar with mansion design and progression - say if we were to go in a certain direction we could easily lose most of our ammunition making it difficult to get past some areas to gather more resources. In contrast, Resident Evil 2 is the exact opposite. You could explore everything in backwards progression and still clean locations without much problem as long as you were picking ammo.

BH 1.5 seemed to be more action-oriented, a trait I feel that is shared by Resident Evil 3. Resident Evil 3 provides a lot of resources to the player making the game fairly easy. But this is only because the option to fight Nemesis must exist and therefore there has to be sufficient ammo to kill whatever enemies block your path and enough to drop Nemesis each time you fight him, regardless of how you decide to fight him. In that regard, Resident Evil 3 did a wonderful job with ammo (or gunpowder) allocation.

So I guess my question is, where will Team IGAS get its inspiration from? RE1, RE2 or RE3? I supposed mini-games might also provide some clues for original mini-games or other difficulties.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
              BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

• B.Zork, I don't have any questions but I wanted to say that the B1 Corridor turned out extremely well! a huge improvement from the one on the MZD build and I can't think of any way to improve it. I hope such quality will be found in all of the RPD's recreated rooms, and I have a feeling it will. You have one hell of a background artist!

Comment

• New video to demonstrate the streaming functionality for voice acting possibilities. Current Audio was recorded solely to demonstrate this function. Can you ...

Sorry, I didn't like, the zombies are weak, easy to kill .

So please, can you make the zombies stronger like we can see in old videos?? I mean, like retail videos from compete disc.

In this video, even with handgun zombies are easy to kill .

Great to see a new video, and amazing was the voice acting.
                  Last edited by PROTOBOY; 02-26-2014, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                    I'm torn between both alternatives. Voice acting would really ruin the whole experience if it happens to be bad, but at the same time I can't imagine people enjoying a game supposed to be of retail quality but void of voices.
                    Never forget the Jill sandwich my friend. I'm ok with crappy voice acting.
                    (even though RE 1.5 doesn't have the same b-movie atmosphere to it. RE basically became another series after the 1st one.)
                    Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

• B.Zork, are you looking for voice actors or are you doing it all in-house? I have a friend who does voice work and is also a Resident Evil fan. If you're looking for people to do voices, I could see if she's interested.

Comment

• I think fans should just audition, and may the best candidate win!

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                          I think fans should just audition, and may the best candidate win!
                          I just hope for professional actor voices. But i know, it's not easy to find it.

Anyway, i'll be also happy with no voices... just waiting for this restoration!
                          Last edited by ProjectNight; 02-27-2014, 03:30 AM.
                          "Project Night" (indie horror game) will be released on January 22, 2015
                          http://www.the-horror.com/forums/sho...rking-Title%29

Comment

• many people seem very confused by word placeholder.

Originally posted by ProjectNight View Post
                            I just hope for professional actor voices. But i know, it's not easy to find it.
                            only the professional quality voice over make satisfactory result. motto maybe something like try for best or use nothing

Comment

many people seem very confused by word placeholder.

only the professional quality voice over make satisfactory result. motto maybe something like try for best or use nothing
                              I agree.
                              "Project Night" (indie horror game) will be released on January 22, 2015
                              http://www.the-horror.com/forums/sho...rking-Title%29

Comment

• Well Bzork.. thanks for answering some of our questions..

I do agree with most about the handgun being easy to kill zombies - though I guess 1.5 had more zombies than RE2 did. Would there be a way to slow down the rate of fire to make it harder? They do shoot fast in 1.5 with the handgun
                                "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

Working...
                                X