Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by V Venom80 View Post
    Thats all fine and great but do u work with the team or on the team? i doubt u do. So how would u know if RPD area is fully playable at this point?

No offense but i rather hear from the team themselves to 100% know for sure and what is playable or not if ur not on the team ur just guessing like everyone else.
    B.Zork speaks for the team and has been for a very long time. Seriously, calm down.

Comment

• Thats all fine and great but do u work with the team or on the team? i doubt u do. So how would u know if RPD area is fully playable at this point?
      Have we been following the same facebook fan page or not? The official map of the RPD is publicly available, the screenshots of the missing areas they have recreated with Leon/Elza walking through them are publicly available. Make a checklist of what's missing, do the math. :-/
      Seibu teh geimu?
      ---

Comment

• Originally posted by B.Zork View Post
        "this room is nice, but camera is not resident evil. maybe this floor work better on the 3rd. this maybe look like lab elevator and not rpd elevator. oooh. that is cool but maybe i think we really not need that for this project?"
        Daw man I totally want that that too. I even been kinda doing that for the whole topic lolz

Comment

• Originally posted by B.Zork View Post
          for the people curious of demo i think is important to make note that demo require stable game engine and all event script system to work stable with puzzle and other included. a game demo is not like book or tv series where first chapter can release before end is filmed and make. game engine more like camera equipment needed to make shooting possible. you can explore full demo area. but some important function not work in engine yet for demo to be possible. no worry. every problem has solution
          This is precisely what more people need to realise; sometimes it takes only a few months to complete 90% of a project, whilst the remaining 10% can take years (not necessarily the case here, but this principle might apply to a certain degree).

Originally posted by V Venom80 View Post
          Thats all fine and great but do u work with the team or on the team? i doubt u do. So how would u know if RPD area is fully playable at this point?

No offense but i rather hear from the team themselves to 100% know for sure and what is playable or not if ur not on the team ur just guessing like everyone else.
          First of all, at least one screenshot depicting every single room of the precinct has been released as of a few days ago. Most of them were not yet finalised at the time of capture, but were nevertheless developed to the extent that they were playable for testing purposes. If you want to hear what the members of IGAS themselves have to say about it, look no further:

(29-31 March 2013)
          Originally posted by D.Birkin View Post
          With the precinct we have good progress. We only need four more rooms to have no more magic jump doors.
          RPD misses four rooms from 2F then we can start real event populating.
          Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
          2F Corridor, Medical Room, Media Room, and Radio Room?
          Yes.
          Since that time, we've seen a handful of screenshots depicting all of the rooms that had been stated as missing over a year ago:

2F Corridor (x7), 2F Elevator Hallway (x1), Medical Room (x7), Media Room (x5), Radio Room (x2)

Not only have we seen the rooms themselves, but we've seen them in action too, with two exceptions (the Radio Room and the 2F Elevator Hallway). However, both of these rooms appear highly developed (though perhaps not finalised), and it's reasonable to assume that both are indeed playable by now (if they weren't already upon their debut).

Comment

• Originally posted by OfficerRedfield View Post
            B.Zork speaks for the team and has been for a very long time. Seriously, calm down.
            i wasen't talking about B.Zork pay attention before u talk.

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
              Have we been following the same facebook fan page or not? The official map of the RPD is publicly available, the screenshots of the missing areas they have recreated with Leon/Elza walking through them are publicly available. Make a checklist of what's missing, do the math. :-/
              Just because they have a full map of the RPD and with rooms that all connect doesn't mean its fully playable yet...they might have to still add enemies, puzzles, key items etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                I think he means they want to have the engine 100% working and complete before releasing a demo. They'll also have to fill in the missing events, scripting, and puzzles possibly. So who know how far they are with that stuff. We've seen they have made a lot of progress, so now it's a matter of time. I'm hoping sooner then later but no one knows when it comes to IGAS.
                i agree IGAS takes there time with this project hopefully for a good reason but i dont think 1.5 will be better than RE 2 Retail release mainly because of cutscenes and voice acting.

it will be fun to see how the team puts the story together for 1.5 but most of it is just guessing since capcom never completed 1.5

Comment

i agree IGAS takes there time with this project hopefully for a good reason but i dont think 1.5 will be better than RE 2 Retail release mainly because of cutscenes and voice acting.

it will be fun to see how the team puts the story together for 1.5 but most of it is just guessing since capcom never completed 1.5
                  Well obviously, yes they will have to fill in some blanks - but for all we know (I'm sure they mentioned this before) they have contacts with the more complete builds (80% build) and in this case, may have more info that what the RE community knows at the moment..

Nobody would know the difference anyway - I know I wouldn't haha .. don't know the history of 1.5 all that much so its all the same to me
                  "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• For the record, I actually like IGAS's custom room backgrounds. The 1.5 RPD can't just be the same gray/blue, empty rooms -- that would be such a boring location to play in, and it lacks personality. I happen to like retail's RPD in general. For the most part it conveys just what you'd expect a municipal building in an old, isolated town to look like. In fact, some of the rooms even retain the character of 1.5's RPD, such as the East and West offices. The only parts of the retail RPD that I feel are "unrealistic" are the obviously ridiculous rooms, namely the library (1.5's shooting range is something you'd actually expect to see in a police station) and the chief's hidden dungeon. These places just wouldn't be in a police station, and that's what I always liked about 1.5's RPD. It was more "realistic" in the sense that it only contained rooms that would reasonably be in a police station.

Of course, with a game like Resident Evil, which is so heavily focused on exploration and puzzles, a completely modern and realistic location just doesn't work. Even 1.5's station has unrealistic elements -- who ever heard of a sliding puzzle with shooting range targets, or inserting something into the chief's diorama to get a secret key? There need to be gameplay mechanics in place to allow the player to explore the location piece by piece, by sealing off certain areas or forcing them to backtrack to newly unlocked rooms. The problem with retail's RPD (in my opinion) is that it didn't try to disguise these elements like 1.5 probably would have. I remember playing RE2 when I was 12 years old and even then I found it weird that I had to move library shelves in a certain order and collect four chess themed keys to unlock the sewers.

1.5 does a much better job of making the gameplay elements "blend in" and seem like they're a normal part of the location. Retail makes you unlock rooms with keys designed after playing card suites (reminiscent of the first game's sword/shield/armor/helmet keys), while 1.5 uses coloured keycards -- something that makes a little more "sense" in a real world location in the middle of a city. So long as IGAS sticks by this philosophy, I'm happy

Off topic a little: is it just me, or does the pacing feel a little more logical in 1.5 than it does in retail? I've been playing through the MZD build, moving through rooms in the order that you'd visit them in game, and the progression from RPD > Sewers > Factory > Lab seems much more natural in 1.5. 1.5's RPD is quite small, but it seems like the locations are similar to the first game in that you'd spend a comparable chunk of time in each one. The sewers and factory are actually decent sized locations in their own right with their own puzzles and exploration to experience, while in retail they're just areas you briefly pass through on your way to the lab. Once you leave the RPD in retail, it feels like you're just sprinting to the end of the game, whereas when you climb out of 1.5's sewers into the factory yard (for example), it looks and feels like you've arrived in a whole new area that you now have to explore.

I always found it funny in retail when you get to the marshalling yard and you pick up the "Dead Factory Map" on the wall. Why is that map even necessary? The factory in retail is literally a linear progression through four rooms. It's like they originally intended there to be more of it (enough to warrant hiding a map of it somewhere) but ended up stripping most of it out. In my opinion, that really hurt the pacing.
                    Last edited by Gaia Revane; 06-03-2014, 05:17 AM.
                    Obligatory signature ad for things I've made:

You can find out more at my website or Facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by Gaia Revane View Post
                      For the record, I actually like IGAS's custom room backgrounds. The 1.5 RPD can't just be the same gray/blue, empty rooms -- that would be such a boring location to play in, and it lacks personality. I happen to like retail's RPD in general. For the most part it conveys just what you'd expect a municipal building in an old, isolated town to look like. In fact, some of the rooms even retain the character of 1.5's RPD, such as the East and West offices. The only parts of the retail RPD that I feel are "unrealistic" are the obviously ridiculous rooms, namely the library (1.5's shooting range is something you'd actually expect to see in a police station) and the chief's hidden dungeon. These places just wouldn't be in a police station, and that's what I always liked about 1.5's RPD. It was more "realistic" in the sense that it only contained rooms that would reasonably be in a police station.

Of course, with a game like Resident Evil, which is so heavily focused on exploration and puzzles, a completely modern and realistic location just doesn't work. Even 1.5's station has unrealistic elements -- who ever heard of a sliding puzzle with shooting range targets, or inserting something into the chief's diorama to get a secret key? There need to be gameplay mechanics in place to allow the player to explore the location piece by piece, by sealing off certain areas or forcing them to backtrack to newly unlocked rooms. The problem with retail's RPD (in my opinion) is that it didn't try to disguise these elements like 1.5 probably would have. I remember playing RE2 when I was 12 years old and even then I found it weird that I had to move library shelves in a certain order and collect four chess themed keys to unlock the sewers.

1.5 does a much better job of making the gameplay elements "blend in" and seem like they're a normal part of the location. Retail makes you unlock rooms with keys designed after playing card suites (reminiscent of the first game's sword/shield/armor/helmet keys), while 1.5 uses coloured keycards -- something that makes a little more "sense" in a real world location in the middle of a city. So long as IGAS sticks by this philosophy, I'm happy

Off topic a little: is it just me, or does the pacing feel a little more logical in 1.5 than it does in retail? I've been playing through the MZD build, moving through rooms in the order that you'd visit them in game, and the progression from RPD > Sewers > Factory > Lab seems much more natural in 1.5. 1.5's RPD is quite small, but it seems like the locations are similar to the first game in that you'd spend a comparable chunk of time in each one. The sewers and factory are actually decent sized locations in their own right with their own puzzles and exploration to experience, while in retail they're just areas you briefly pass through on your way to the lab. Once you leave the RPD in retail, it feels like you're just sprinting to the end of the game, whereas when you climb out of 1.5's sewers into the factory yard (for example), it looks and feels like you've arrived in a whole new area that you now have to explore.

I always found it funny in retail when you get to the marshalling yard and you pick up the "Dead Factory Map" on the wall. Why is that map even necessary? The factory in retail is literally a linear progression through four rooms. It's like they originally intended there to be more of it (enough to warrant hiding a map of it somewhere) but ended up stripping most of it out. In my opinion, that really hurt the pacing.
                      Yeah i believe the Factory in retail was meant to be much bigger i just dont see the point of having that map for 3 or 4 rooms then off to the lab.

Capcom probably didnt wanna delay the game any longer so they just left it alone and released it that way but it looks like 1.5 factory will be a much bigger area to explore.

Comment

Yeah i believe the Factory in retail was meant to be much bigger i just dont see the point of having that map for 3 or 4 rooms then off to the lab.

Capcom probably didnt wanna delay the game any longer so they just left it alone and released it that way but it looks like 1.5 factory will be a much bigger area to explore.
                        While the number of areas to explore in retail was smaller, the areas them selves were actually a lot bigger than in 1.5. Including the street sections at the start the RPD is roughly twice the size that it used to be, so while we did lose the factory section we gained a much more fluid experience in the over all stage design.

Comment

Just because they have a full map of the RPD and with rooms that all connect doesn't mean its fully playable yet...they might have to still add enemies, puzzles, key items etc.
                          Perhaps we are splitting hairs over the meaning of 'fully playable'. I believe Biohazard_star and I were referring to the fact that you can enter any room in the precinct freely (through the appropriate portals) and walk around it with proper boundaries in the team's latest build. Getting all of the puzzles to work, placing all of the items and enemies, and even implementing proper masks is not required to 'play' a room (as evidenced by the 'vanilla' build).
                          Last edited by Enigmatism415; 06-03-2014, 08:10 AM.

Comment

• Just because they have a full map of the RPD and with rooms that all connect doesn't mean its fully playable yet...they might have to still add enemies, puzzles, key items etc.
                            Well obviously, which is why I said that they still need to develop the flow path for the scenarios. Populating the building with events/items/enemies is really the type of thing that's ought to be done after all the missing rooms in a particular stage have been recreated (not necessarily finalized, but playable), since otherwise how will they be able to test if their allocation of enemies/resources in that stage is balanced?
                            Seibu teh geimu?
                            ---

Comment

i wasen't talking about B.Zork pay attention before u talk.
                              My mistake there but regardless, you're still acting like an ass. As for paying attention maybe you should read the rest of the damn board before posting instead of doing 3 back to back posts. You were making bold assumptions on your own about the project and frankly had you paid attention to those pictures you were getting bored with you would have seen the engine developing and improving. Take your own advice and think before you speak.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gaia Revane View Post
                                Not to mention the fact that you get the map after leaving that maps area. To make it even more weird is that they are linear paths. You must go through all rooms before getting the map. Same with the sewers for an extent. I guess their mentality to leave it in was so if the player just so happens to choose the correct turns to leave each of the two corridors, they can see on the map that the other pathways lead to dead ends.
                                Originally posted by geluda
                                While the number of areas to explore in retail was smaller, the areas them selves were actually a lot bigger than in 1.5. Including the street sections at the start the RPD is roughly twice the size that it used to be,
                                I beg to differ retail being twice the size. Since the lobby of 1.5 is only 1 floor tall it opens a lot more space for the 2nd and 3rd floor to explore. That triple floor lobby in retail is very self centered. Unless your referring to physical size rather than the amount of rooms the station has.

1.5 pacing is better, especially the fact that the sewers has a man hole exit that leads outside like how a sewer cap would. It does feel like that particular sewer man hole exit just so happens to be near a factory. When I first played retail I thought this so called "factory" was just apart of a traditional sewage system access exit.
                                Last edited by NEOMEGA; 06-03-2014, 05:15 PM. Reason: size vs size

Comment

Working...
                                X