Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gemini = What do you think of increasing the resistance of the bosses baboons to make confrontation more challenging? The attacks of baboons are similar to the attacks of mrx when striking with his fists.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackpower View Post
      Gemini = What do you think of increasing the resistance of the bosses baboons to make confrontation more challenging? The attacks of baboons are similar to the attacks of mrx when striking with his fists.
      They should leave that for diferent dificulties. Make them more challenging on a Hard Mode.
      ''Whaaaaaat?! No money?! Hieeeeeer...SEK A COK!''

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
        This route makes sense in more than a way.
        1) Baboons don't need to get into parkout mode in order to just break a glass window. They know that there's another window (or simply the one they saw) and it's easily reached by backtracking their escape route from the car park.
        2) A glass window placed in front of a terrace isn't that uncommon.
        Thank you for taking the time and effort to explain your reasoning with a visual guide; I hadn't thought about the possibility of a terrace (we never really see that area after all, so I assumed that it was full of ventilation equipment like its neighboring section). This makes more sense now.

Comment

• I got a big question Gemini! What will you do about the bosses that were possibly not programmed into the game like the Alligator and the final Birkin forms? Will you have to model those and build em from scratch and make your own AI?

Comment

• They will be added to the AI code like everything else. I'll probably take care of programming regular alligators and sewer boss. Their behaviors are already laid out on paper and there are even models for them.
            Last edited by Gemini; 02-02-2015, 01:28 PM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
            , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Gemini: http://biohazardfrance.net/dossiers/.../17/index.html
              which of these creatures discarded you like to use them on upcoming projects resident evil?

Comment

They will be added to the AI code like everything else. I'll probably take care of programming regular alligators and sewer boss. Their behaviors are already laid out on paper and there are even models for them.
                So that means the models were already programmed onto the game just not implemented into gameplay yet?

Comment

They will be added to the AI code like everything else. I'll probably take care of programming regular alligators and sewer boss. Their behaviors are already laid out on paper and there are even models for them.
                  Do the IGAS team or you have contact with someone who has a most advanced build to help you with this project? i mean helping providing missing material on the current build that we all got. Or helping to make scenarios loyal to those made by Crapcom.
                  ''Whaaaaaat?! No money?! Hieeeeeer...SEK A COK!''

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                    So that means the models were already programmed onto the game just not implemented into gameplay yet?
                    I mean that there are an alligator and different WIP models of Birkin in the projects. They still need AI code to be functional.

Originally posted by Unmasked View Post
                    Do the IGAS team or you have contact with someone who has a most advanced build to help you with this project? i mean helping providing missing material on the current build that we all got. Or helping to make scenarios loyal to those made by Crapcom.
                    Taken straight out of the 1.5 thread @Assembler where a similar question appeared:
                    Anyways, I've got no clue as I'm no spokesman; I don't have access to many of this kind of details and I rather prefer it'd this way. With leaks, "writers" making up all sort of "facts", mysterious sources claiming to have several non-existing builds, and all this kind of rumors/fake info surrounding this prototype, the less known the better. Still, if any private collector were to make contact they wouldn't be mentioned unless requested otherwise.

Comment

I'd be interested in seeing some pseudocode of an AI script for a typical RE enemy sometime

Comment

• Originally posted by Hepatus View Post
                        ASk him about the baby aligators!
                        How come no one ever asks him about the Firing Range puzzle? That is the one thing in 1.5 that "puzzles" me, no pun intended. Really though, much like the building puzzle in the chief's office, does the screen enter into a first-person mode, and then you actually shoot the targets? And if you do, how does the special item appear, if one actually does?

We know that this mode isn't implemented in the 40% build, but for all we know, it could exist in the 80% build. But even if it wasn't implemented, I would like to know how it was supposed to work. Up until now, the only thing we have for reference is the book shelf puzzle in RE2. You have to move them in a certain order to lower the plate. I'm assuming that you had to move the turrets in a certain order in order to gain something. And if you had to do that, was it before or after you shot at them, assuming you could shoot at them?

The baby alligators are kinda obvious. They're simply another enemy in the sewers. But I would really like to know more about the Firing Range puzzle.
                        Last edited by RetroRain; 02-03-2015, 11:21 AM.
                        My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                        ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

• ^ What if the puzzle serves as a trigger for the dogs to jump out through the vent? There are two unused close-up angles of it. One is obviously meant as a close-up for when the dogs jump out, and the other one seems like either an examination angle or one used in a cutscene where a character gets boosted up to reach the vent. Solving the puzzle would trigger something that would alert the dogs to the character's presence, maybe the alarm bell next to the vent or something. We know that the vent is connected to the kennel, so it could also be used as an access point to get there. John could help Elza get up there, but maybe in Leon's scenario, he helps Ada get up there. IGAS did mention a while back that Ada was also a playable character. It would parallel the situation in retail's very well, but then again this is all just speculation.

Personally, I'd like to know what the 'time bomb' key item is used for. The factory and labs do not seem like they have any areas that you are supposed to blow up, so it's probably used in either the RPD or the sewers.
                          Last edited by biohazard_star; 02-03-2015, 12:30 PM.
                          Seibu teh geimu?
                          ---

Comment

• The Firing Range puzzle is likely simple and boring, like the Library puzzle in RE2. You basically call up the targets in a certain order, and something happens as a result. Perhaps it relates to the vent, the Armoury, or the shelf in the corner?

Comment

• ^ Maybe it's like the armory puzzle in RE1 where solving the puzzle unlocks the glass panel for the cabinet? The one in the PVB doesn't have a glass panel though, but they could easily add one in. But yea, the puzzle is probably as simple and boring as the library puzzle in RE2. I can't really see it being any more complex than the retail equivalent, seeing as how this is supposed to be the boring prototype version of it.
                              Last edited by biohazard_star; 02-03-2015, 01:34 PM.
                              Seibu teh geimu?
                              ---

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
                                How come no one ever asks him about the Firing Range puzzle?
                                Because spoilers, I guess. But if you want some other kind of info: RPD almost entirely ported over. There should be about 2 or 3 rooms to go.

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                                PVB
                                Pastries voilĂ  bonne? Please, let's call this stuff just "vanilla" like every other human being on planet Earth.

Comment

Working...
                                X