Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice... so, I take it more zombies spawn once you've killed another right? So it doesn't go over 10 total at one time, but more can appear?
    "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
      Nice Picture I love the damaged Leon!
      Nice catch on the damages. That's one of the latest features re-implemented for the 1.5 trunk. There is a special something about it and how it works with protective gear (durability + resistance mechanics), but that will be revealed later.

Originally posted by Jimmy_Jazz View Post
      All I can think of now is a RE4 Demake for the PS1
      I can see that happening with like 2 Ganados on screen at best.

Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
      Nice... so, I take it more zombies spawn once you've killed another right? So it doesn't go over 10 total at one time, but more can appear?
      Yes, 10 zombies of the same type can be cached into memory and displayed at once with more enemies ready to take their place when one of the entities dies. I tried with an 11th zombie, but that caused the allocator to overflow on the coliseum code and 3D pools (a large buffer otherwise assigned to background operations). I'm kind of surprised about how the engine scores so well with that many low poly models at once and active subdivision on the 3D environment.
      Last edited by Gemini; 03-27-2015, 08:59 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
      , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Considering the simplicity of the rooms in RE1-3, I'm curious to know if Capcom did alot of their calculations in 2D, such as aiming up and down, and then had a radius for high and low shots hitting.
        "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post

This test has 8 of them and barely half of the processing power used. In reality the bar should raise a little over the half, but apparently I can push 10 zombies seemingly fine according to memory benchmarks (clickety here).
          Very nice! so 10 Zombies are working, how about 10 Birkins?
          "What is it? - BLOOD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy_Jazz View Post
            Considering the simplicity of the rooms in RE1-3, I'm curious to know if Capcom did alot of their calculations in 2D, such as aiming up and down, and then had a radius for high and low shots hitting.
            Most of operations like collision detection are indeed 2D on XZ. Up-down aim direction are handled differently, depending on the enemy. Zombies are usually a bit more complex due to all the states they can undergo, but most RE1 enemies are simply based on vector length.

Originally posted by CraZyEddy2010 View Post
            Very nice! so 10 Zombies are working, how about 10 Birkins?
            Five looks like enough already.

Comment

• That's awesome. Can't wait to see more. By any chance would you be able to have more variety with the 5-10 enemy count? Also what are some features that would be present in the colisium mode? Any unlockables by any chance?

Comment

• Awesome new features. Thanks.

Comment

• I can't contain my excitement UNFF!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                    Five looks like enough already.
                    Wasn't that model supposed to be simply a cutscene transition version of Will? Is it just a place holder or did you just let something slip?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
                      By any chance would you be able to have more variety with the 5-10 enemy count?
                      Those 10 zombies were a mere stress test to check if the engine could handle everything fine. As a matter of fact it points out that it performs seriously better than vanilla 1.5 and that other tasks can be carried on in background.

Also what are some features that would be present in the colisium mode? Any unlockables by any chance?
                      Encounterable Hunters and Lickers perhaps? 1.5 unseen but planned features like boss Baboons available in 17 different sizes? There are a number of options available for extras. Oh, speaking about boss Baboons, I'll have to correct myself about their AI: from what I could see in the disassemblies they do have code for swinging from the ceiling, but I haven't checked yet if it can be called from somewhere.

Originally posted by NEOMEGA View Post
                      Wasn't that model supposed to be simply a cutscene transition version of Will? Is it just a place holder or did you just let something slip?
                      It's regular Birkin Type-I from the factory fight, running with an empty AI template.
                      Last edited by Gemini; 03-27-2015, 11:17 PM.

Comment

• But he has the claw capcom attached on him post fight in Leon cutscene. A makeshift visual combination that you probably only would have seen in that one cutscene like retail pre type 1 right before scenario B fight or pre type 2 (when he still has human head) before scenario A fight.

Comment

• That's because he is used as is by the template AI. The original 1.5 code would initialize him with no claw by default IIRC.

In the meanwhile I did more research into the boss Baboons (codename: ERADICATOR). They definitively have references in their jump code that allows to swing from any ceiling within reach... but for whatever reason the check fails and said action is never triggered.
                          The AI is also weird about gunshot reactions, always causing a jump to follow. This behavior has been changed to trigger a jump with a chance of 1/16th.

Comment

Nice Picture I love the damaged Leon! Maybe Unmasked will chill out now about the lack of updates, assuming they still roam this board.....
                            Watch out pal! im lurking on the shadows...
                            ''Whaaaaaat?! No money?! Hieeeeeer...SEK A COK!''

Comment

• Originally posted by Unmasked View Post
                              Watch out pal! im lurking on the shadows...
                              SCARY!!!!

I'm still wondering if the scene where Birkin impales the manspider actually leads to a boss battle or if the player is just suppsoed to run? I'm convinced that is where Elza encounters Birkin 2 and Leon encounters Birkin 2 in the power room.

Comment

I'm still wondering if the scene where Birkin impales the manspider actually leads to a boss battle or if the player is just suppsoed to run?
                                The real interesting thing about that part is that the monster showing up in the Complete Disc footage might be another entry altogether, like most RE2 creatures have a recolored version showing up in the labs with slightly different AI.

But if we want to keep looking into interesting facts, I've got this:

Currently basing their behavior on patterns found hidden within vanilla 1.5. There is also another undocumented enemy in the sewer code, but apparently it's just an empty template with only the init branch filled. As for Baboons, further research made me realize that boss and regular enemies are pretty much the same thing, with only the initializer being slightly different (boss can have 17 sizes, enemy only uses one scaling value).
                                Last edited by Gemini; 03-30-2015, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X