Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I somehow pictured a fixed Vanilla build but I know that's not it. My mind can't seem to grasp or compute what this "demo" will be without my imagination going all over the place.

Comment

• Dear Gemini, on how much the maximum load the game PS iron?
      Are there any problems with the implementation of any items, or it depends on the 3d models and their polygons?
      sigpic

Comment

• its been i while since i check this forum, to be honest its look great and GEMINI its doing a great job, and dont get wrong but they should not release nothing until the preview demo get finished, i think that all the videos that GEMINI posted are enough to see how the game are taking shape.

i really want to play the game finished but this its not gonna happen in 3 or more years.

so lets take it easy and like its been said once ENJOY the ride.

Comment

• Originally posted by AleX_Red_07 View Post
          Dear Gemini, on how much the maximum load the game PS iron?
          Are there any problems with the implementation of any items, or it depends on the 3d models and their polygons?
          I'm not sure what you mean with iron, but the max load is pretty high with the current engine. In some regards it's even better than retail 2, probably because of compiler magic optimizing the code in a more efficient manner. Stuff like matrix interpolation+orthonormalization ends up being smaller and making smarter use of the cache.

Originally posted by strikedio84 View Post
          its been i while since i check this forum, to be honest its look great and GEMINI its doing a great job, and dont get wrong but they should not release nothing until the preview demo get finished, i think that all the videos that GEMINI posted are enough to see how the game are taking shape.
          I was actually eager to release some kind of playable demo to get some active feedback. The demo build should provide enough of that to see if Squeeze Bomb scores as expected.
          Last edited by Gemini; 04-28-2015, 09:13 PM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
          , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Hey Gemini, here's a thought: Are you planning to support the PS2 POPStarter? I recently discovered that the latest build can do USB loading, making it a very attractive option.

Comment

• So are we getting an Extreme Battle Mode Type 1.5 sort of thing? Leon and Elza running around the stages of the other RE games. Would be nice if that's what the demo turned out to be. Then again, it would be nice if they restored the scrapped green sewers for fun. Or even better, some real-time rendered rooms, in the style of Dino Crisis 1.
              Seibu teh geimu?
              ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Northman View Post
                Hey Gemini, here's a thought: Are you planning to support the PS2 POPStarter? I recently discovered that the latest build can do USB loading, making it a very attractive option.
                Pretty good question. I do have a PS2 to test that myself, but I'm not sure how much reliable it is and I have never configured my console to use it. The thing is it's software emulation from what I could see, which could produce unexpected quirks, especially with cd libraries. For now the aim is to have real hardware support and that should give no issues with most emulators out there. Just in case, I'll ask one of the testers to check if it works there too or I'll perform some tests myself before release.

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                So are we getting an Extreme Battle Mode Type 1.5 sort of thing? Leon and Elza running around the stages of the other RE games. Would be nice if that's what the demo turned out to be. Then again, it would be nice if they restored the scrapped green sewers for fun. Or even better, some real-time rendered rooms, in the style of Dino Crisis 1.
                Nah, but drop extreme and you get the answer. There will be no exploration segments whatsoever to keep production as fast as possible. As for actual story segments, the FAQ I wrote should cover most uncertain elements.
                Last edited by Gemini; 04-29-2015, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• Sweet. So the battle mode will be more or less a arcade shooter?

Hey Biohazard star, clear some space in your inbox. Tried sending you a PM.

Comment

• Not sure how many of you have already tried this, but I took the liberty of trying the Magic Zombie Door build with the latest PS2 POPStarter via USB boot. It boots. Reasonable load times. Sound plays well. Good, if not even excellent framerate. No problems with the controls.

Unfortunately that’s the good news. The bad news is that the already pretty unstable mess that is the Biohazard 1.5 MZD build becomes even more unstable under the POPS. Entering certain rooms, like chief Iron’s office, that worked just fine under ePSXe, crash under POPS for no apparent reason. Entering a room could crash the game just during the door loading animation. Just looking at a zombie the wrong way could crash the game. And then you need to hard reset.

But for as long as it worked, it was massive fun, and a smooth way to play once you have your flash drive prepared. If the final game isn’t as crash prone, PS2 FreeMCBoot users might wanna give this method a try.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northman View Post
                      Not sure how many of you have already tried this, but I took the liberty of trying the Magic Zombie Door build with the latest PS2 POPStarter via USB boot. It boots. Reasonable load times. Sound plays well. Good, if not even excellent framerate. No problems with the controls.

Unfortunately that’s the good news. The bad news is that the already pretty unstable mess that is the Biohazard 1.5 MZD build becomes even more unstable under the POPS. Entering certain rooms, like chief Iron’s office, that worked just fine under ePSXe, crash under POPS for no apparent reason. Entering a room could crash the game just during the door loading animation. Just looking at a zombie the wrong way could crash the game. And then you need to hard reset.

But for as long as it worked, it was massive fun, and a smooth way to play once you have your flash drive prepared. If the final game isn’t as crash prone, PS2 FreeMCBoot users might wanna give this method a try.
                      Well I personally have tested 1.5 in POPS emulator for PS2 and works great, maybe can appers some small bugs in sounds effects some times, but nothing more, game runs great.

As about those crashes you was talking about, probably you have tested original MZD (without my patchs), right? Original MZD is very unstable, since it lack of important data for some rooms, so some of them crash the game.

If so, try again the game, but this time with my last patch applied on it and you will notice the differences. ;)

EDIT:

For those interested in try 1.5 in POPS emulator for PS2, I will share here an already patched MZD version converted to .VCD format, ready to run on POPS:

All what you have to do is this:
                      1-Extract RE1.5 for POPS.rar to your flash memory.
                      2-Get PFS_WRAP.BIN and POPS.PAK files, you can found it easily reading this post:

3-Put PFS_WRAP.BIN and POPS.PAK into POPS folder.
                      4-From your PS2, use any .ELF executer (I use LaunchELF) to execute XX.Resident Evil 1.5 (MZD) - Patched (19-03-2015).ELF and then the game will run.

Enjoy. ;)
                      Last edited by Dark Biohazard; 04-29-2015, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
                        Sweet. So the battle mode will be more or less a arcade shooter?
                        More "less" than more "more". It has only a few slight variations, like AI doing different stuff or the knife not needing to be extracted.

Originally posted by Northman View Post
                        If the final game isn’t as crash prone, PS2 FreeMCBoot users might wanna give this method a try.
                        I feared the same, then I tried it myself today and these are the results: 1, 2, 3, 4. Plays with no crashes or weird stuff, Dual Shock is also correctly recognized, tho it does funny stuff when you switch to a digital controller.

Comment

• Such Colosseum! Much Battle!

I love how it screams '90s all over the place. Can't wait to try it out Gemini. Oh and so people don't go steeling anything from this build, I suppose you how some sort of protection in place?
                          My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                            I feared the same, then I tried it myself today and these are the results: 1, 2, 3, 4. Plays with no crashes or weird stuff, Dual Shock is also correctly recognized, tho it does funny stuff when you switch to a digital controller.
                            Oh, this is so sweet. I think I just found my preferred way to play. ;_;

@Dark Biohazard:
                            Thanks for the tip. I'll try the patched ISO at some point.
                            Last edited by Northman; 04-30-2015, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                              Oh and so people don't go steeling anything from this build, I suppose you how some sort of protection in place?
                              Being a hacker myself I know a few tricks to make things extremely hard to counterfeit: unused code (i.e. anything to build a full game) is stripped away, assets have multiple layers of compression and encryption, custom formats everywhere, and there are a few manipulation traps like that pesky Spyro 3 protection. Should take care of most attempts, including those of people trying to sell the builds at every occasion they get (like that FB page).

Originally posted by Northman View Post
                              Oh, this is so sweet. I think I just found my preferred way to play. ;_;
                              It should be ok for 3D sections, but from what I could see MDEC decompression looks a bit messed up. Also, non Dual Shock pads cause the game to freeze the screen until you insert a DS, tho this is partially caused by my joypad protocols.

Comment

• I sure hope this sample will have some unseen enemies ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X