Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gemini, just thought of something. Have you considered a straight port to the PS2? Would it be feasible to compile a PS2 binary that you could run off of a USB stick with ULaunchElf? I remember somebody porting Doom for PS2 this way earlier, could it be done the same with Squeeze Bomb?

Comment

• Originally posted by meer View Post
      I was wondering if there is going to be a mode or option for 'knife challenges(e.g. against the golden tyrant)' because honestly I am pretty dang bad at knife challenges! If not I'm sure I can adapt haha
      I'm just as awful with them. Still, the battle mode has a special case that gives you a S for no damage+knife, otherwise it will default to A. At some point the idea was to replace S with "Master of Knifing" for knife challenges.

Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
      Gemini, I remember you saying that there was some code for the alligators already on the disc. Was that perhaps some unfinished AI? Really interested to know.
      Yes, the alligator AI is in the vanilla build. It works somehow, but it has only a few commands like chasing players around or raising a meter above ground. It can't attack or do much more.

Originally posted by Northman View Post
      Gemini, just thought of something. Have you considered a straight port to the PS2? Would it be feasible to compile a PS2 binary that you could run off of a USB stick with ULaunchElf? I remember somebody porting Doom for PS2 this way earlier, could it be done the same with Squeeze Bomb?
      I doubt so. Even something as "simple" as porting the code to PC is a pain in the ass due to my non-linear code approach that heavily takes advantage of PlayStation threads. It jumps around a lot and constantly saves register states for each thread change, just like the original engine or SquareSoft's games. I'm not sure how the PS2 would work with them, but I can see that being a mess due to what Kingcom told me about his recent hacking experience with the hardware.
      Last edited by Gemini; 05-03-2015, 08:42 PM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
      , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Let me take a wild guess that the Easter Egg will be Jesus Trollmero's fabled Elza Panties.

Comment

• Gemini: Are you and the team going for a "when it's done" style approach, where it's not going to be released until every planned feature is in and working fully, or more going for a initial release where everythings completely playable from start to finish then later we will receive updated versions with new features etc?
          Last edited by icemann; 05-04-2015, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
            Yes, the alligator AI is in the vanilla build. It works somehow, but it has only a few commands like chasing players around or raising a meter above ground. It can't attack or do much more.
            This is very interesting information. I think its worth archiving somewhere.
            I could swear there was mention of knife only achievements prior. I myself don't really think much of them but I think its worth looking into for longevity sake. Maybe it unlocks a moderately interesting feature; something nice enough to be satisfied to achieve but not not big enough to make the player feel obligated to earn it. Perhaps something similar to the special jump you get in mario 64 after getting 120 stars?
            Last edited by NEOMEGA; 05-05-2015, 12:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eteponge View Post
              Let me take a wild guess that the Easter Egg will be Jesus Trollmero's fabled Elza Panties.
              More like an 8-bit reference. Naked Elza is mentioned somewhere in there, tho.

Originally posted by icemann View Post
              Gemini: Are you and the team going for a "when it's done" style approach, where it's not going to be released until every planned feature is in and working fully, or more going for a initial release where everythings completely playable from start to finish then later we will receive updated versions with new features etc?
              A mix of Carmark's "it's done when it's done" and progressive updates. In other words: a more recent demo won't include exclusive additional features, only more playable content to extend the game where it left off.

Originally posted by NEOMEGA View Post
              I could swear there was mention of knife only achievements prior. I myself don't really think much of them but I think its worth looking into for longevity sake. Maybe it unlocks a moderately interesting feature; something nice enough to be satisfied to achieve but not not big enough to make the player feel obligated to earn it.
              Knife challenges are only an alternative route to unlock things differently, but players won't forced to complete any of them in order to unlock extras. For example, if you get a S rating by sprinting through the game you achieve the same result by performing a slow knife playthrough, and you obtain the same unlockables.

Comment

• I was thinking back to when we got the play 1.5 for the very first time about two years ago. I had fun making this video, probably because I couldn't believe that I was actually playing the game finally.

Leon vs Birkin - Knife Only:

Comment

• You literally killed Birkin with a knife stab in his ass
                  The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
                    You literally killed Birkin with a knife stab in his ass
                    The scream before dying was priceless lol. That must hurt hahaha
                    ''Whaaaaaat?! No money?! Hieeeeeer...SEK A COK!''

Comment

• Originally posted by Northman View Post
                      Gemini, just thought of something. Have you considered a straight port to the PS2? Would it be feasible to compile a PS2 binary that you could run off of a USB stick with ULaunchElf? I remember somebody porting Doom for PS2 this way earlier, could it be done the same with Squeeze Bomb?
                      The best way to play this game would be with a modded PSX (modchips are like less than $20 now) and an XRGB-Mini/Framemeister to upscale the game to being attractive on a modern HDTV..

or a chipped PS2, because those can play PSX backups without issue.
                      If you read this, you wasted five seconds of your life.

Comment

• A modded ps3 with cfw is your best option.

Comment

• Originally posted by originalzombie View Post
                          A modded ps3 with cfw is your best option.
                          That or a PlayStation TV in PSP mode. That way you can use double read speed and the game will load almost instantly. I'm still not entirely sure if PS3 emulation works fine with Squeeze Bomb, but given compatibility on other platforms, this is 99% going to do the trick.
                          Last edited by Gemini; 05-08-2015, 08:36 AM.

Comment

• PSP with Cfw for on the go

Comment

• I think I'll just play the game on an emulator, at native resolution, with a CRT filter or something. My PS1 and PS2 are both dead, and I'd rather not have to go through the trouble of getting them repaired.
                              Seibu teh geimu?
                              ---

Comment

• PSP GO hooked up to the TV with a DS3 controller.

Comment

Working...
                                X