Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part-time lurker here. Always watching, seldom talking, unless it's important With this new pic:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	JOQr6H7.png
Views:	1
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	404726

I do see a couple of things to ask about:

Name:	babygatorwire_rail2.png
Size:	382.9 KB
ID:	404725

#1 This bump in the floor is not present. Small detail, could be nothing. My best guess is it's the top of a support pillar running from the lower level adjacent to the wall of the lower walkway.

#2 Again, small detail. Always thought that could be part of a ladder, but they were just pipes all along? Ah well, the pic is so unclear I'll be damned if I've got a better idea.

#3 This is the big one. I swear there have been arguments as to whether or not there is a pathway back there. I don't know if it was ever settled, so here goes: there's a friggin' pathway back there A simple color inversion makes it even more clear:

Name:	babygatorwire_rail1.png
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	404727

So, where's the pathway?
    It matters not to me which virus you wield. Yours is merely a pathetic attempt to master the powers of death. The power you seek is MINE, and with this insurmountable power, I offer a litany of oblivion even a virus cannot prevent..............and you cannot escape.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
      South-western*
      I guess I had been mistaken before; after examining the ripped map file again, I can see that the compass is indeed rotated 90 degrees from its normal position, but why on earth? As we all know, when you examine the map in-game, the compass is orientated as we'd expect (with north pointing upwards), suggesting that the pool in question is actually in the northwest corner.

Aside from the original map ripped from the disc, IGAS had released two new versions of the Drains B2 maps, but they seem to be based on the old Era-4 design:

Name:	team_Sewers_map.png
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	404728Click image for larger version

Name:	team_FB32.jpg
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	404729

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
      It's the north passage leading to the main control room.
      So, in Era-5, the passage between the central pool and the northern (boss) pool had been lengthened?
      Last edited by Enigmatism415; 07-20-2015, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by towerofpowerx View Post
        #3 This is the big one. I swear there have been arguments as to whether or not there is a pathway back there. I don't know if it was ever settled, so here goes: there's a friggin' pathway back there A simple color inversion makes it even more clear:
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]10020[/ATTACH]

So, where's the pathway?
        There is indeed clearly an open space behind Leon, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you can walk into this space.

Comment

#1 This bump in the floor is not present. Small detail, could be nothing. My best guess is it's the top of a support pillar running from the lower level adjacent to the wall of the lower walkway.
          No idea, it's definitively irrelevant to game play.

#2 Again, small detail. Always thought that could be part of a ladder, but they were just pipes all along? Ah well, the pic is so unclear I'll be damned if I've got a better idea.
          Doesn't look like a ladder and it'd make no sense to have a ladder there, especially when placed in such an awkward way.

#3 So, where's the pathway?
          It's behind the big pillar, which partially became a wall for several practical reasons. That "path" gives access to a ladder for the pool.

Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
          I guess I had been mistaken before; after examining the ripped map file again, I can see that the compass is indeed rotated 90 degrees from its normal position, but why on earth?
          It's the only map to have rotated compasses (two of them, even). 1.5 map code is so bare bone it can't display a proper compass and simply picks the default sprite. The area is indeed 90° rotated.

So, in Era-5, the passage between the central pool and the northern (boss) pool had been lengthened?
          Sorry, I can't speak Erasian. And I think from now on I will stop replying to questions about map layouts. They are a spoiler for whoever would like to enjoy the game as freshly as possible.
          Last edited by Gemini; 07-20-2015, 02:40 PM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
          , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Practical reasons, eh? The picture IS from a pretty unfinished room, so I guess that would make sense. FYI I don't know if this has come up, Mr. Gemini, but you and Team IGAS should be keeping good records of the reasons you employed to make ANY changes to the original design, else you'll have the "purists" painting bulls-eyes on your backs for doing so from now 'till doomsday I'm sure they will anyway, but hey, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

Also, what you said about the pathway leading to a ladder, that made me think. We've all seen in screenshots of how different parts of backrounds sometimes show through others until the game gets perfected, right? Well:

Name:	babygatorwire_rail3.png
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	404730

Is THAT what this is? The ladder that you mentioned, the one you climb down to the lower level, showing through the backround? If so, that would make perfect sense. The backrounds are bare bones, with the only things showing up being things that matter, like walls and rails. Unless those are pipes that served some sort of purpose (like being part of some old-school RE puzzle) a ladder is the only other justification I can think of for this to be there at such an early stage of development.
            It matters not to me which virus you wield. Yours is merely a pathetic attempt to master the powers of death. The power you seek is MINE, and with this insurmountable power, I offer a litany of oblivion even a virus cannot prevent..............and you cannot escape.

Comment

Practical reasons, eh? The picture IS from a pretty unfinished room, so I guess that would make sense. FYI I don't know if this has come up, Mr. Gemini, but you and Team IGAS should be keeping good records of the reasons you employed to make ANY changes to the original design, else you'll have the "purists" painting bulls-eyes on your backs for doing so from now 'till doomsday I'm sure they will anyway, but hey, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

Also, what you said about the pathway leading to a ladder, that made me think. We've all seen in screenshots of how different parts of backrounds sometimes show through others until the game gets perfected, right? Well:
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]10023[/ATTACH]

Is THAT what this is? The ladder that you mentioned, the one you climb down to the lower level, showing through the backround? If so, that would make perfect sense. The backrounds are bare bones, with the only things showing up being things that matter, like walls and rails. Unless those are pipes that served some sort of purpose (like being part of some old-school RE puzzle) a ladder is the only other justification I can think of for this to be there at such an early stage of development.
              You know, tubes, stuff like that.

Comment

• No no, you just made my point SonicBlue. Those pics are from finished rooms. This croc room is very clearly unfinished. If you look around, there is nothing on the walls. Zip, zilch, nada. Pipes, posters, trash cans, garbage, nothing there. It just strikes me as odd that of all the things they would be putting in this painfully-unfinished-room at that time, a piece of pipe that just serves as a piece of background fluff would be one of them. Unless, it is something more important. 'Sides, as it is, the thing stretches across the whole floor, which is also weird. Unless, it is showing through the backround A case could be made for either of these, but at this point, it would be strange if at least one of these wasn't true.

Comment

• I won't really concentrate on that white thing too much, is not a ladder, ladders doesn't look like that:

Hello there pipes!

Recycled assets, that's why you find some objects with higher level of quality than other, this tubes may be from the alpha stage of the sewers, the green and incredibly ugly one. They even scraped a lot of already made doors, that's development, you reuse what you already have to cut time.

Comment

• Nice! I hope this mean they've finished rendering the sewers and are starting work on the missing factory rooms.
                    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                      Nice! I hope this mean they've finished rendering the sewers and are starting work on the missing factory rooms.
                      I doubt it , if it took them this long to show us 1 single room , How long does it take to create a new room from scratch including added boundaries so the characters don't walk through objects?
                      Last edited by chrisliam2; 07-21-2015, 01:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                        Nice! I hope this mean they've finished rendering the sewers and are starting work on the missing factory rooms.
                        Originally posted by chrisliam2 View Post
                        I doubt it , if it took them this long to show us 1 single room , How long does it take to create a new room from scratch including added boundaries so the characters don't walk through objects?
                        The factory is only missing one room, and we have a few pieces of evidence to suggest that it is likely the second of twin offices (one for Leon and one for Elza). Even the lab has fewer rooms to recreate than the sewer does (although the boiler room is going to be a bitch).

Comment

you and Team IGAS should be keeping good records of the reasons you employed to make ANY changes to the original design, else you'll have the "purists" painting bulls-eyes on your backs for doing so from now 'till doomsday I'm sure they will anyway, but hey, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure
                          For purists you mean those who constantly complain about this project and yet don't miss a chance to create lame reproductions of either backgrounds or general ideas? I'm sure there's no reason to give them any explanation or attention.

Originally posted by chrisliam2 View Post
                          How long does it take to create a new room from scratch including added boundaries so the characters don't walk through objects?
                          Either a few hours or a full day, depends on the complexity of a room. Those with multiple floors usually take more.
                          Last edited by Gemini; 07-21-2015, 07:29 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                          , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• For purists, there's a vanilla build to play over and over again until they get tired.
                            ''Whaaaaaat?! No money?! Hieeeeeer...SEK A COK!''

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisliam2 View Post
                              I'm sure anyone can solve the Sewers layout and all the room functions in a matter of minutes.

Comment

• No air jesus for the next patch, fuck yeah!
                                Last edited by Unmasked; 07-21-2015, 02:14 PM.
                                ''Whaaaaaat?! No money?! Hieeeeeer...SEK A COK!''

Comment

Working...
                                X