Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well like they said, they want it to be as close to what 1.5 retail would have been as possible.

Comment

• That's entirely arbitrary and subjective though. How "close" something is depends on a point of comparison, in this case that point never existed. IGAS can add everything they know of the final build, include the rooms found on the trial disc, and implement whatever else they might know (see Bzork's quote in Darkness' sig) but there is going to be material in this game that was implemented as a matter of preference. That's not to say doing so is a bad thing. But using the purist argument against material that was exclusive to an earlier build of 1.5 despite this having already been done elsewhere doesn't make much sense.
      Last edited by Graco; 08-01-2015, 01:10 PM.
      sigpic
      "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• I can confirm that the new zombies were more like an AI coding test rather than actually happening. They were scrapped a long time ago.

Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
        Gemini, you had initially mentioned AI reprogramming as the reason that the IGAS project wouldn't work well with Squeezebomb. Would you say that this is the most difficult aspect of the project? Scripted events seem easier than enemy AI.
        Squeeze Bomb has been coded very similarly to RE2, so a port isn't an issue really. Event scripting itself is rather simple, but implementing a complex compiler and an event interpreter isn't just as easy.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
        , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMrUDS1Aj0I in this video of 1.5 at 11 sec is that birkin coming up from the floor in the labs? something about this video makes 1.5 look scary as hell to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by nicksena17 View Post
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMrUDS1Aj0I in this video of 1.5 at 11 sec is that birkin coming up from the floor in the labs? something about this video makes 1.5 look scary as hell to me.
            No, it's the "Spider-Man" enemy, i don't remember the correct name, but not birkin... Also you found another missing track for 1.5.

Comment

• Fingers crossed we might get a demo for Christmas or even just a video would be nice.

Comment

• I'm really hoping for a good long demo <3

Comment

• Gemini mentioned a fully playable demo of the RPD once. I don't know if that's still in the works though. And then there is the "Battle Colosseum" demo.

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                  Well, the project files do have masks and they did appear multiple times in previous footage. They are generated with a different method than what I have right now, but they are indeed there even in the short video I posted.

The intent is to have a fully playable RPD & some more with events and giggles. It won't be released with empty rooms or broken stuff, it wouldn't be worth all the effort otherwise.
                  Last edited by Graco; 08-02-2015, 11:50 AM.
                  sigpic
                  "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• ^^^ Am still really hoping for that!!!

Comment

• I do hope the RPD demo does come about sometime in the future. Since the RPD's rooms are completed (hopefully), it shouldn't all be that difficult to throw together a little demo like what was available for retail. Perhaps have the demo for Leon end when he opens the shutters to find Marvin?
                      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• I still want the whole RPD

Comment

• We don't know how far along they are with item placement, ammo to enemy ratio, puzzle implementation, etc. though.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Honestly, proper difficulty balancing could prove to be the most challenging part of this development. So much goes into like making sure the challenge is fair and not to the point that players will give up (unless they REALLY don't know what they're doing aka most modern gamers that buy REmaster)

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                              Honestly, proper difficulty balancing could prove to be the most challenging part of this development. So much goes into like making sure the challenge is fair and not to the point that players will give up (unless they REALLY don't know what they're doing aka most modern gamers that buy REmaster)
                              I wouldn't mind an extreme hard mode though after you say complete the game on normal or something , So one dog jump attack would put you in caution and let's say two zombie bites would put you in danger.

Comment

• Thats the difficulty balance Deathly was talking about tho. Even for an extreme difficulty you still need limits.Two zombie bites into danger would probably work in RE1 when there can only be 3 zombies in a room at a time but 1.5's 11 per room zombies will have you reloading logs so many times it wouldn't be worth playing anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X