Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The you-need-an-item-to-save-your-game feature is one of the best features ever seen in a videogame. Before Resident Evil ever came out, I don't recall playing a game that had a feature like that. It's awesome because it emphasizes more on survival. If you weren't fortunate enough to find Ink Ribbons, or you squandered the ones you had, when it came to a point where you really wanted to save your game, you were screwed. You had to play smart. Games back then made you think. Today all of this hand-holding makes me sick.
    Last edited by RetroRain; 02-08-2016, 05:14 PM.
    My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
    ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

• Originally posted by yurieu View Post
      I bet it will be weapons upgrading system!!!
      I think there's no weapon upgrade system on 1.5. The Personal Shotgun from Retail is SPAS12 here, the personal magnum here is Barry's magnum and the personal pistol is the gun that shoots 3 bullets at a time. No upgraded weapons but more weapons instead.

But maybe Gemini/Igas changed that? who knows...
      Last edited by Unmasked; 02-08-2016, 06:04 PM.
      ''Whaaaaaat?! No money?! Hieeeeeer...SEK A COK!''

Comment

• Armor system, a box for changing outfits, calling it nao
        Last edited by Darkness; 02-08-2016, 06:31 PM.

Comment

• Another idea - a second bonus mode alongside Battle Coliseum, where you get points for killing enemies, and you can use those points to purchase weapons and ammo just like in Dino Crisis 2. This is a faster-paced mode where enemies are in different areas, and in different numbers. Kinda like Mercenaries, but with the ability to purchase weapons and items when you come across a weapon/item box.

Or the points you earn in the Coliseum can be accumulated and brought into this second bonus game, instead of earning it in the bonus game directly.
          Last edited by RetroRain; 02-08-2016, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• I know I've said it before, but the current topic reminded me of it.

I swear to this day, I saw the 1.5 item box in retail. It was during Claire B in the first lab save room and was overlapped on top of the standard item box (since the item box is part of the background besides the lid). It was my first time playing through the game. I didn't know what it was and I could not use it. I remembered it wasn't there in Leon's scenario and thought it was something specific to Claire's scenario. I even tried to get on top of it lol. No luck.

It really sucked because I couldn't use it and had to wait until the next save room to deposit items. I remember this very distinctly. Then when I saw videos of 1.5, I saw the item box, and realized it was the same thing I saw in my game. I went back and played Claire B again but it was not there, just the standard item box. But hey, at least I could use it lol.

I chalked it up to mine being the first edition (there is no arrange mode and cheats don't work, plus loads of typos) and that it was some sort of bug. It probably glitched and spawned the old 1.5 item box for some reason. Plus it was running on a PS2. I really wish I took a photo or something but I was a newb at the time and had no idea it was anything special. But I swear guys, it was there lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
              Another idea - a second bonus mode alongside Battle Coliseum, where you get points for killing enemies, and you can use those points to purchase weapons and ammo just like in Dino Crisis 2. This is a faster-paced mode where enemies are in different areas, and in different numbers. Kinda like Mercenaries, but with the ability to purchase weapons and items when you come across a weapon/item box.

Or the points you earn in the Coliseum can be accumulated and brought into this second bonus game, instead of earning it in the bonus game directly.
              I think Gemini said that Battle Coliseum is not going to be in the final game. He only used that mode for testing pruposes. But there will be another extra minigame.

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                Rather than making the game easier for the players, I think it's supposed to make development and planning easier for the developers. These item and save boxes can practically be placed anywhere, so that gives Gemini and co. more flexibility in planning and adjusting things like supply/key item/enemy placement, and ultimately the difficulty of the game.
                Hmm.. I never thought of it like that. Makes sense.

Good to hear that they still require Memory Cards (Ink Ribbons) to save anyway.
                "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Unmasked View Post
                  I think Gemini said that Battle Coliseum is not going to be in the final game. He only used that mode for testing pruposes. But there will be another extra minigame.
                  You'll have to forgive me if he did say it. I've been very busy in real life, and with 1012 pages of this thread, I can't keep up with everything anymore.

Now that I think of it, there was a rumor back then that in the Saturn version of 1.5, you'd be able to play as a freelance photographer. I don't know how true that rumor is, but it got me thinking that 1.5 could have its own version of The 4th Survivor, where you play as a Freelance Photographer.
                  Last edited by RetroRain; 02-09-2016, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
                    You'll have to forgive me if he did say it. I've been very busy in real life, and with 1012 pages of this thread, I can't keep up with everything anymore.

Now that I think of it, there was a rumor back then that in the Saturn version of 1.5, you'd be able to play as a freelance photographer. I don't know how true that rumor is, but it got me thinking that 1.5 could have its own version of The 4th Survivor, where you play as a Freelance Photographer.
                    Sounds to me like Dead Rising, except in Raccoon City.

Comment

• Well, humoring that rumor, do we know if era 2 casual Leon was still a police officer? Maybe at that point they tried something different before solidifying the policeman concept? Him being a photographer would certainly make sense with him being in the police station as he could have went there to get the scoop of whats happening to the city first hand from the chief and got stuck there when things got too intense?
                      The concept of a photographer in a zombie outbreak in dead rising may have been yet another recycled idea?
                      Last edited by NEOMEGA; 02-09-2016, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• Wait, does the BH1.5 save box actually exist on any of the publicly available BH2 ISOs?!

Comment

• ^ I don't remember it ever being found on any of the publicly available Bio 2 builds. I would think it would have been discovered by now, if it did. The "blue" 1.5 Sherry, along with some 1.5 weapon models, have been found on the Trial Disk though.
                          Seibu teh geimu?
                          ---

Comment

• The 'scrapped concept' with the photographer is interesting and I can't say I've ever heard of it before, aside from Dead Rising of course. The concept seems a little far-fetched and I don't think that Dead Rising was made from the remains of that idea. I'm sure that plenty of interesting ideas were thrown around during the early days in 1.5's development.

Comment

• I covered wars you know? Faaaaantastic!

Last edited by Unmasked; 02-10-2016, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• ^what the heck is that?

Comment

Working...
                                X